Options

The waiting drove me mad... Mystery vinyl arrival all encompassing trip.

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    There and Back Again: A Package's Tale
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
  • Options
    Seriously. I remember my vault #3 vinyl flew over my house TWICE before it landed at my doorstep.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I know, those were fun times haha I do like that you can track it though. It truly sucks for international folks that they can't. And then they possibly have to go to customs and pick their album up there. And then pay... When i was still living in Germany, there was a time where I went to the customs office almost every week. It was quite the hassle. Then we sat there and I showed my forum emails from trades and stuff to prove what I paid for it, so I wouldn't get overcharged.
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    edited April 2015
    Canada here, it'll be cool to see what the U.S. Gets ahead of us international fans. Other than the Christmas singles, I didn't collect PJ on vinyl until Backspacer. Even Ukulele songs I bought on CD for the amazing packaging/book. I still have my old newsletter 24 with Riot Act on vinyl for $12, always played with the idea of sending it in but couldn't stand cutting it up. Avocado had a bonus CD with it if you bought it through 10c and Benny I bought on CD as well.
    So there's a pretty good period of time with no vinyl available for me anymore, but that I have a chance at something special has me thinking about it everyday! Fun!
    Edit:spelling
    Post edited by GustieIII on
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    Best of luck, Gustielll!
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379

I know, those were fun times haha I do like that you can track it though. It truly sucks for international folks that they can't. And then they possibly have to go to customs and pick their album up there. And then pay... When i was still living in Germany, there was a time where I went to the customs office almost every week. It was quite the hassle. Then we sat there and I showed my forum emails from trades and stuff to prove what I paid for it, so I wouldn't get overcharged.

You are right! I'm looking forward to go to customs and see what I got^^ Maybe I'll scream like a child if I see a Benny lol
    I'm curious why they listed only 5-10 Vs. reissues. Maybe they are signed by the band... Anticipation is a great thing!
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 142
    I've been told by 10c that the packages are labelled at random which would suggest some of them have different weights?
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    I hope Ed and the boys signed my Backspacer before they sent it off
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited April 2015
    As far as a random 5-10 or 60-80 or whatever? Here's my guess:

Well, they probably have 200,000 of a certain annual single pressed. Members get theirs and some go to band friends and family. Remaining ones (maybe 2500) stay in the warehouse for situations where one gets lost in the mail or damaged upon arrival, etc.

So maybe a couple years later, they're down to 2,000 of that annual single. They'll put it on the shop and eventually go down to 100 of the singles.

Enter the mystery vinyl sale. They'll say 50-60 of these are going out and keep the remaining 40-50 if some get lost in the mail or damaged upon arrival.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    sloanedog said:

Hello Benny, I'm brad I have rndm mystery sale. I sit in my tres mtns eating avocado patting my ten legged dog. Wondering what vinyl will be delivered to those who made it thru. What a mad season this competition was it was like a lightning bolt went of in a coke bottle. When the white screen of death it appeared it made my backspacer turn white. The place went into the wild while others just went on in life. The riot act continues thru the rear view mirror I gaze say to my self thank god I'm alive. Good luck to those who were fortunate sons and Daughters who made it thru. Keep on rockin in the free world. It's the music we cherish so kick out the jams. Peace

nice little story
    im also at 2.2 lbs.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Still waiting for someone to post that there's weighs something different than 2.2
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    2.2 here
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    edited April 2015
    2.2 lbs. Interesting. Well I guess if someone has a different weight then he/she may be able to celebrate early. I would like a Benny or Lost Dogs as that's all I need to complete my collection. Really I am just glad to have gotten in on this.
    Post edited by moses562 on
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    i will be shocked if anyone posts something other then 2.2lbs

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    I like that so far, no other weight has really been reported. That makes me really feel like the average weight for bulk shippings might be a true theory. Has anybody's status changed on the tracking? Mine hasn't, but I hope there will be something new tomorrow.
    I just saw three male cardinals in my backyard, I take this as a good sign. So far I thought there was only one couple :smiley:
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,897
    Hasn't it already been explained why everyone, including myself, has 2.2 lbs.? Also, don't forget that you can sign up for email or texts that alert you when anything happens with your package.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    I have no idea how much my package weighs. Maybe I should weigh and measure it properly... I mean I guess I just have to wait and see.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Looks like we may have a repeat of the Vault #4 shipping process...
    stuck at the "Label Created" stage!!

I think it was almost 2 weeks after the label was printed...
    that there was finally some movement of the package.

Anyone show any progress in their tracking??
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Just did my "routine morning check" :lol::blush: but nothing changed so far. I don't mind if it takes a little longer. But it is more fun to watch it when it actually moves. It will happen. Have a great Wednesday!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    does everyone elses say "Expedited?"
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    3.0 lbs here! Whoo hooo!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691

Lol
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Haha, I thought you didn't score? Troll! I kid, I kid.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    My tracking information has a special note wanting me to call 10C and schedule a time when Ed can personally hand delivery my Benny to me......
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    goldrush said:

pdalowsky said:

cant wait for this to arrive and it could be 2-3 weeks for us international folk, so it will be great to monitor this in the meantime and see what is landing in the states first......

It will be very interesting to see what the U.S. folk get while we wait for the international shipments to arrive. Quite a few of the LPs were listed as "5-10" copies (Benny, Lost Dogs, Riot Act etc) so I guess if they all show up early on we can cross them off the list before we get ours...

Just out of interest Paul, is there anything in particular you're hoping to get? Your collection is crazy impressive as it is, what would improve it from this sale?
    Would love a number of records as a second copy to one day play and maybe carry around to get signed if a chance arose

Yes, wierd lol

• Options
    I would like a first copy to spin :)
  • Options

I would like a first copy to spin :)

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    It's probably not efficient to weight them all individually. I could see them weighing the entire shipment of packages and billing based on the average - 2.2 lbs.
  • Options
    EvilTim102EvilTim102 Posts: 135
    So, my card was charged and I didn't receive any conformation that I scored a mystery pack. I emailed 10c, they said my order went through. Cool. It also shows up on my orders. Never got conformation email or tracking. Guess I play the waiting game.
    Mine is mine and yours won't take it's place