Options

The waiting drove me mad... Mystery vinyl arrival all encompassing trip.

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    So HAPPY for you and CAV!!!

What can I say - the UPS guy was just here. Hubs allowed me to open the box... I did not know the weight or when it would arrive, so it was a complete mystery :smile:

All I can say is Tenclub has outdone themselves with this one for me. Guys, if you can read this - WELL DONE. You cannot believe how excited and happy we are to have gotten this chance. image

• Options
    MickeydMickeyd Posts: 5
    Renewed my 10C membership just a few days too late for this. If only I knew about this. Very cool.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    I work from home ;)
  • Options

Today to me definitely felt like christmas and birthday together. The fact that I tried to get work done the whole day too did not make it easier :lol: I feel so lucky and am so grateful. I did not expect anything special to happen when I got up and this day has turned into something that I will never ever forget :blush:

I wish someone would've took video of you opening your MV package. I/we, would've loved to have seen your reaction while you were opening it and seeing that it was a BENNY!!>But, i/we can only imagine you were losing your mind>LOL!!

CONGRATS again to you and CAV.

• Options
    cutz said:

Today to me definitely felt like christmas and birthday together. The fact that I tried to get work done the whole day too did not make it easier :lol: I feel so lucky and am so grateful. I did not expect anything special to happen when I got up and this day has turned into something that I will never ever forget :blush:

I wish someone would've took video of you opening your MV package. I/we, would've loved to have seen your reaction while you were opening it and seeing that it was a BENNY!!>But, i/we can only imagine you were losing your mind>LOL!!

I did record a video. It is on fb lol I squeaked quite a bit. It was a major rush, I can tell you that. I did not expect the mailman to come. I was just talking to somebody about it. Then I heard a car in the driveway, a door closing. I though "could this be..." Then I opened the door and there the box was. And it was a huge cardboard box, like the Vault ones. I called Cav to tell him that we got something. He said OPEN IT! So I did. Hahaha I could not believe it. I still can't.

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    edited April 2015

this is like watching Ten Club's version of Christmas morning. I can't stop checking these threads.

My tabs are, and have been for the past few days....

UPS tracking page -- F5'ed SEVERAL times per day!!!
    the image of all the records and the count of each
    the reminder that I'm about to get the equal of 5.846 LPs at 180 grams each
    this thread
    the "record store day mystery vinyl" thread
    "got my RSD package today" thread.

Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

cutz said:

I did record a video. It is on fb lol I squeaked quite a bit. It was a major rush, I can tell you that. I did not expect the mailman to come. I was just talking to somebody about it. Then I heard a car in the driveway, a door closing. I though "could this be..." Then I opened the door and there the box was. And it was a huge cardboard box, like the Vault ones. I called Cav to tell him that we got something. He said OPEN IT! So I did. Hahaha I could not believe it. I still can't.
    I just saw it on FB>very KOOL!!

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,660
    Mine is 2.12 so hopefully I will get Lost Dogs and something else. If I do.. Id be willing to trade my other copy of LD.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    congrats lisa!!! i'm so happy that you finally have your Benny!! and a big thank you to TC...great job!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    alive90alive90 Posts: 82
    Congrats on the Benny! This thread put a smile on my face and is a great example of the thrills provided by this hobby.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,019
    edited April 2015
    Holy shit , so many posts to read!!!

Congrats on the Benny , although i gotta be a bit honest and say its one hell of a coincidence. I hope all the good stuff doesnt go to "celebrity" users on the forum (Dimitris for once since his package seems to be one of the heaviest) , that and the non-us fans getting screwed out of rare LPs because they dont have tracking. but as i said its one hell of a coincidence and if it´s true they rigged the all damn thing which is a shame , as someone stated maybe i´ll start a lost dogs or RVM re-issue threat and get lucky

Still waiting paciently for mine , it will take a few weeks still :)
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,225
    I think i would have ended up with a side project,so i opted out.
  • Options
    dadesdades Posts: 321
    This,
    " Congrats on the Benny , although i gotta be a bit honest and say its one hell of a coincidence. I hope all the good stuff doesnt go to "celebrity" users on the forum (Dimitris for once since his package seems to be one of the heaviest) , that and the non-us fans getting screwed out of rare LPs because they dont have tracking. but as i said its one hell of a coincidence and if it´s true they rigged the all damn thing which is a shame , as someone stated maybe i´ll start a lost dogs or RVM re-issue threat and get lucky "
    That said, the smile says it all.
    Enjoy
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • Options
    dades said:

This,
    " Congrats on the Benny , although i gotta be a bit honest and say its one hell of a coincidence. I hope all the good stuff doesnt go to "celebrity" users on the forum (Dimitris for once since his package seems to be one of the heaviest) , that and the non-us fans getting screwed out of rare LPs because they dont have tracking. but as i said its one hell of a coincidence and if it´s true they rigged the all damn thing which is a shame , as someone stated maybe i´ll start a lost dogs or RVM re-issue threat and get lucky "
    Enjoy

yeah im not taking away her happiness , god i would be beyond happy if i got a Lost dogs , RVM , Sevens box hell even a backpsacer from this mystery vinyl sale to be honest but as i stated its one hell of a coincidence thats all. when all is set and done and every package arrive i´ll give my opinion but up to this point i have this very strange feeling that non-us will get screwed out of rare LP´s just because it cant be tracked and all the awesome packs that have been appearing in the US(yeah there were shitty ones also but the percentage of good and bad is huge so far)...lets wait then
  • Options
    af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90
    If it turns out all the decent pieces have been kept in the U.S, they should've just opened it up to U.S residents only.

Obviously we'll have to reserve judgement until overseas packages start arriving.
  • Options
    Annr95Annr95 Posts: 62
    While I am very happy for anyone receiving exactly the vinyl they were wishing for, I wonder about the legality. I can't remember if the sale was billed as a lottery or the word random was used (I can't find the full announcement anymore), but if it wasn't truly a 'mystery' package but instead a chance to get incredibly loyal fans the thing they want most, is that really the way it should work? Is it legal? I did not participate as I had to work.
  • Options
    rchallenrchallen Posts: 58
    Well, the anticipation alone has been worth the $50 + shipping! (Although I may walk back that statement if I get another black Backspacer...)
    Package was scheduled to arrive yesterday... Hopefully today? 2.12 lbs! C'mon Lost Dogs!!!!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    My package was just was 15 minutes from my house yesterday and this morning it is now 4 hours from my house. I guess there is a reason for the way they do these, but damn it doesn't make sense some times. So I guess mine was supposed to be here today, so now maybe tomorrow or the next day.
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    pjpjpaul said:

Mine is 2.12 so hopefully I will get Lost Dogs and something else. If I do.. Id be willing to trade my other copy of LD.

I'm your man pjpj!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    MedozK said:

My package was just was 15 minutes from my house yesterday and this morning it is now 4 hours from my house. I guess there is a reason for the way they do these, but damn it doesn't make sense some times. So I guess mine was supposed to be here today, so now maybe tomorrow or the next day.

Yep. Been there a few times before myself. So weird...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    edited April 2015
    just_one said:

dades said:

This,
    Enjoy

yeah im not taking away her happiness , god i would be beyond happy if i got a Lost dogs , RVM , Sevens box hell even a backpsacer from this mystery vinyl sale to be honest but as i stated its one hell of a coincidence thats all. when all is set and done and every package arrive i´ll give my opinion but up to this point i have this very strange feeling that non-us will get screwed out of rare LP´s just because it cant be tracked and all the awesome packs that have been appearing in the US(yeah there were shitty ones also but the percentage of good and bad is huge so far)...lets wait then
    My international package is actually being tracked this time.

Leeze, you're a celebrity!! :tongue:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

just_one said:

dades said:

This,
    Enjoy

It was an expression , thats all.

as i stated about im happy for her but its one hell of a coincidence that she got one
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    I got a colored PJ20 and a 2011 fan club single. Super excited, the records are gorgeous! I didn't have the time to put on PJ20 but I really like the songs on the single.

For a data point, I'm in Chicago and the package was 3.21lbs. Both records were inside a smallish box with a bit of bubble wrap. The box was inside a plastic sleeve.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    mikeliska said:

I got a colored PJ20 and a 2011 fan club single. Super excited, the records are gorgeous! I didn't have the time to put on PJ20 but I really like the songs on the single.

For a data point, I'm in Chicago and the package was 3.21lbs. Both records were inside a smallish box with a bit of bubble wrap. The box was inside a plastic sleeve.

CONGRATS, great score!!!! Spin that dirty whore!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, you're being quoted and I'm a celebrity :lol:

I did not make a thread in 2011 because I thought Tenclub will give into my begging at one point and send me a Benny. I made that thread because I realized that the prizes for this one were so enormous that this was not something that anybody could possibly give away as a gift or randomly throw out and that I would never ever in my life be able to justify spending that much money on a vinyl album. I am a normal person. I put my bra on one boob at a time. I am working hard. I try to be nice to whoever I meet. I try to be helpful. I did not aim at getting a rare LP thrown my way for bugging the hell out of a fan community. I tried to not bump it every day because I don't like to be in people's faces, and I always tried to make my entry something fun so it is not just a mere "bump". There were times where the thread was rather dormant. But it always came back again, because the issue is something that a lot of people are interested in. I am not the only person who is posting in it!
    No matter what I would have received in this mystery sale, I would still have enjoyed the whole experience. Because you cannot get it all. We started a Benny fund in a glass bottle a while ago, but life always got in the way and we broke in and used the money. The mystery sale was our little RSD adventure this time because we did not have enough money to go and have fun at the stores. I see this wonderful album that I received not as a "reward", I do not feel like I "deserved" it, this word is always weird to me when it comes to stuff. I try to always carefully choose my words when I write something, so I never used the words "I want" this or that. It came my way, and it makes me absolutely happy.
    I was happy for everybody who got their package before me even though I did not even know where mine was.
    You can think all your theories if that makes you happy. I got one of "5-10" or maybe not even that if they gave it to me on purpose. I hope you all get something good. In Germany we say "If you wanna fuck, you gotta be nice." This works nicely here as well. Have a good day everyone, I hope you all get something awesome.

• Options
    KB190734KB190734 Posts: 6
    2.18 lbs. My husband should get it at work today. I feel ill with anticipation!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

I put my bra on one boob at a time.

Video or pics or no one will believe you. Just sayin'.

:)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,692
    If anyone gets a riot act I would trade whatever I get for it!? :)
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,066

PJ_Soul said:

I did not make a thread in 2011 because I thought Tenclub will give into my begging at one point and send me a Benny. I made that thread because I realized that the prizes for this one were so enormous that this was not something that anybody could possibly give away as a gift or randomly throw out and that I would never ever in my life be able to justify spending that much money on a vinyl album. I am a normal person. I put my bra on one boob at a time. I am working hard. I try to be nice to whoever I meet. I try to be helpful. I did not aim at getting a rare LP thrown my way for bugging the hell out of a fan community. I tried to not bump it every day because I don't like to be in people's faces, and I always tried to make my entry something fun so it is not just a mere "bump". There were times where the thread was rather dormant. But it always came back again, because the issue is something that a lot of people are interested in. I am not the only person who is posting in it!
    No matter what I would have received in this mystery sale, I would still have enjoyed the whole experience. Because you cannot get it all. We started a Benny fund in a glass bottle a while ago, but life always got in the way and we broke in and used the money. The mystery sale was our little RSD adventure this time because we did not have enough money to go and have fun at the stores. I see this wonderful album that I received not as a "reward", I do not feel like I "deserved" it, this word is always weird to me when it comes to stuff. I try to always carefully choose my words when I write something, so I never used the words "I want" this or that. It came my way, and it makes me absolutely happy.
    I was happy for everybody who got their package before me even though I did not even know where mine was.
    You can think all your theories if that makes you happy. I got one of "5-10" or maybe not even that if they gave it to me on purpose. I hope you all get something good. In Germany we say "If you wanna fuck, you gotta be nice." This works nicely here as well. Have a good day everyone, I hope you all get something awesome.

my wife puts both boobs in simultaneously.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203

PJ_Soul said:

. In Germany we say "If you wanna fuck, you gotta be nice."

Strangely enough I have heard that expression in my travels.
    www.cluthelee.com