bad day at work

Comments

• MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515

Sensing a theme here but this is relevant to the OP. (Copied from a thread where I shared this before.) While working in a group home years ago, a client who had issues plugged the toilet and it was one of those that needed the handle jiggled. Water, mounds of tp and feces flooded continually into the carpeted hall way. I sprung into action, grabbing the plunger and positioning myself with one foot on the tub and one on the baseboard heater. I was leaning over the toilet plunging away furiously, in a panic, and wondering why the water was still rising over. And that's when it happened...the towel rack I was desperately holding onto with my free hand gave way like an old man's back as he bent over to pick up a nickel. I will never forget the sound and instant panic due to the screws tearing out of the wall as I fell chest first into a river of god awful stench and filth. I bashed my head on the counter for good measure and was stunned briefly. What happened next is still a haze as I made my way very quickly outside and temporarily went into mild shock. I remember being completely soaked from head to toe and trying with all my might to not get the cigarette wet that I was clinging to for solace. Thankfully my understanding co worker allowed me to go home immediately and was kind enough to take care of the aftermath. One of the worst days of my life.

-please forgive me, my grammar skills are shit. (Pun intended)

Another great poo story!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Malroth said:

Ok so here's the Jackson Pollock story. Once I had finished my EMT courses, I had to do overnight shifts for internship in the ER, where incidentally I work as head of house keeping to pay for school. So I go into the room, ( first patient mind you), to get vitals for my start of shift, and thus guy is complaining of horrific abdominal pain. Of course his vitals are wonky because of pain stress.. So I go to tell the attending doctor of his out whack vitals, per protocol.
    Ok, so let me explain the way the room is set up, so you understand how horribly mortifying this was. There's a gurney dead center of the room, attached to a control center for oxygen/intubation monitors, etc. then the back wall is all supply caninets and a sink. But in the far right corner walking into the room is a small room with a toilet in it. And the entire front of the room is this giant set of sliding glass doors. For privacy, we pull those curtains over the doors so passing foot traffic can't stop and gawk. So I go to tell the doc, and he's making his way to that room. Just as I'm approaching to slide the curtain back, to come in, I hear the patient groaning, and what sounds like him trying to squiggle off of the gurney. Just as I
    Hear his feet hit the floor, I hear the craziest sound! It's a combination of him groaning, shitting, trying to walk, and splatters of shit hitting the curtain! It was like a horror film with shit instead of blood. The poor guy was so embarrassed! But the funky part was that there was different 'matter' in the shit, so it was rather colorful, which made me bust out laughing, ( I had to leave the ER) because it just made me think of a Jackson Pollock painting!! The second time it happened the poor guy broke out with a sense of humor, and asked for a cork!! But God that was some horrendous shit! And he hit for distance with it too!! The curtains were a good four feet from the bed!!!!! Sooooo many nurses almost tossed their cookies over that.. Sure glad I wasn't cleaning THAT night!!

Would it have been inappropriate to get pictures?
    It would have been illegal as well as inappropriate. HIPPAlaws and all.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    No pics needed. You've painted quite the Pollock.

"different matter" "hit for distance"

That shit's too funny. :lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    Malroth said:

Ok so here's the Jackson Pollock story. Once I had finished my EMT courses, I had to do overnight shifts for internship in the ER, where incidentally I work as head of house keeping to pay for school. So I go into the room, ( first patient mind you), to get vitals for my start of shift, and thus guy is complaining of horrific abdominal pain. Of course his vitals are wonky because of pain stress.. So I go to tell the attending doctor of his out whack vitals, per protocol.
    Ok, so let me explain the way the room is set up, so you understand how horribly mortifying this was. There's a gurney dead center of the room, attached to a control center for oxygen/intubation monitors, etc. then the back wall is all supply caninets and a sink. But in the far right corner walking into the room is a small room with a toilet in it. And the entire front of the room is this giant set of sliding glass doors. For privacy, we pull those curtains over the doors so passing foot traffic can't stop and gawk. So I go to tell the doc, and he's making his way to that room. Just as I'm approaching to slide the curtain back, to come in, I hear the patient groaning, and what sounds like him trying to squiggle off of the gurney. Just as I
    Hear his feet hit the floor, I hear the craziest sound! It's a combination of him groaning, shitting, trying to walk, and splatters of shit hitting the curtain! It was like a horror film with shit instead of blood. The poor guy was so embarrassed! But the funky part was that there was different 'matter' in the shit, so it was rather colorful, which made me bust out laughing, ( I had to leave the ER) because it just made me think of a Jackson Pollock painting!! The second time it happened the poor guy broke out with a sense of humor, and asked for a cork!! But God that was some horrendous shit! And he hit for distance with it too!! The curtains were a good four feet from the bed!!!!! Sooooo many nurses almost tossed their cookies over that.. Sure glad I wasn't cleaning THAT night!!

I got a thread closed by posting a dog poop picture.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I went to work four hours after my dad died.

And on a Saturday!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

Sensing a theme here but this is relevant to the OP. (Copied from a thread where I shared this before.) While working in a group home years ago, a client who had issues plugged the toilet and it was one of those that needed the handle jiggled. Water, mounds of tp and feces flooded continually into the carpeted hall way. I sprung into action, grabbing the plunger and positioning myself with one foot on the tub and one on the baseboard heater. I was leaning over the toilet plunging away furiously, in a panic, and wondering why the water was still rising over. And that's when it happened...the towel rack I was desperately holding onto with my free hand gave way like an old man's back as he bent over to pick up a nickel. I will never forget the sound and instant panic due to the screws tearing out of the wall as I fell chest first into a river of god awful stench and filth. I bashed my head on the counter for good measure and was stunned briefly. What happened next is still a haze as I made my way very quickly outside and temporarily went into mild shock. I remember being completely soaked from head to toe and trying with all my might to not get the cigarette wet that I was clinging to for solace. Thankfully my understanding co worker allowed me to go home immediately and was kind enough to take care of the aftermath. One of the worst days of my life.

-please forgive me, my grammar skills are shit. (Pun intended)

The visual. Oh, the visual. :rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I don't know if I should share my bad day...pretty disgusting.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    Thanks for making me love my stress filled office job. :)
  • imalive said:

Malroth said:

I got a thread closed by posting a dog poop picture.
    Is that all we need to do. Scott shall never have a thread open again!

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • RKCNDY said:

Might as well.

RKCNDY said:

Might as well.
    fine.

So I saw some girl I work with at some parade on a Friday night, she was dealing with screaming kids, said something about 'the freezer was really full...animals everywhere" and ran off after her kids.
    Monday rolls around, I'm the first one to get there and there is some weird smell when I walk up to the back door. I open the door...I am almost knocked out be the most horrendous smell. WTF!?!?!? I start looking around, I go to my desk (which is in the laundry room), there is a cake that was in a cake platter thing that was on the floor, chocolate cake and whatever smeared on the floor. I don't care because I'm gagging on the smell. I walk to the back room and the smell is stronger, I find bag upon bag upon bag of euthanized animals on the freezer (is *this what she meant about a full freezer?) I go back to the laundry room to check the fridge there, yup, that fridge is full, and so is the freezer. I *have* to get rid of the smell, clients will be there in the next hour and a half. I start moving the bags from the back to outside. There is a reason the deceased are kept refrigerated or frozen...
    I'm moving one bag outside, there was a larger dog in there 120#...yup, the bag pops, instant gag reflex. Did I mention I am by myself?
    The other girl shows up as I am gagging, and she says, "told you there were animals everywhere" I tell her to help me re-bag the dog.
    The bookkeeper shows up and she's all "what in the world are you girls doing? Oh my lord why does it smell!?!??" she then empties an entire can of spray Lysol in the clinic.
    I go back in and go into the laundry room to collect more bags, and the bookkeeper lady is there and bawling like Nancy Kerrigan after she got bashed in the knee...."why?!!?!?oh why!?!?!? How could they do this to my cake?!!?!?" she looks at me, "who did this?!?!? why would they do this?" "I don't know, it was on the floor when I got here" she opens the fridge and animals fall out.
    So she's kneeling on the floor scraping up the cake ff the floor...keep in mind she's an older heavyset lady, so she's taking forever and basically blocking my way from trying to get other work done.
    The place now smells like death and Lysol...and later in the day she brings out the smashed chocolate cake that she scraped off the floor to serve everybody.
    I apparently offended her because I didn't want any cake.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    ^^^ I'm gagging from the smell, and I wasn't even there.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

it's a smell, that burns your nosehairs off...and you never ever forget that smell. Especially when a bag about ready to burst, actually bursts in your face.

That day was bad, but it will always be better than any day I had to work at Macy's...

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    UGH.

(and ironically, I'm currently having some birthday cake for a couple of people I work with)

RKCNDY, do you work at some sort of shelter or vet's office?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I had a 69 year old woman who gets easily confused and seems to be dealing with a lot of stress in her life right now burst into tears while I was trying to talk to her about some super minor, simple thing that was completely confusing her. She is losing it, and she knows it, and she can't hold it together and can't do her job properly anymore, and knows everyone knows it, but she can't afford to retire. It was awful. I feel so bad for her. :frowning:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonist said:

UGH.

(and ironically, I'm currently having some birthday cake for a couple of people I work with)

I sure hope so.

hedonist said:

UGH.

I sure hope so.
    maybe she works at some sort of satanic ritual place?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

it's a smell, that burns your nosehairs off...and you never ever forget that smell.

just like the Boston 2 puke!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

hedonist said:

UGH.

I sure hope so.
    Or an understaffed, weird taxedermist?
  • imalive said:

hedonist said:

UGH.

I sure hope so.
    Maybe the worst restaurant on the planet?

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

imalive said:

hedonist said:

UGH.

I sure hope so.
    My goodness, there are few things as sadly hilarious as weird (bad) taxidermy:
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Malroth said:

I screwed up at work and blew up a new $300 part. ( yeah, not a rocket scientist)
    I was just wondering if anybody has a bad day at work story to make me feel better?

Nope, you may have just made the worst mistake ever. If you don't count me crushing my hand and losing two fingers.
    I have seen a freezer full of dead dogs (at a shelter), but they were still frozen so I didn't have to smell them. We did fix and resell the freezer to someone.
    Hope I got all the dog hair cleaned out. :jack_o_lantern:
    (I work at an appliance store)
    Is this the cake?
    (The internet says this is cake, not poop)
    PJ_Soul said:

I had a 69 year old woman who gets easily confused and seems to be dealing with a lot of stress in her life right now burst into tears while I was trying to talk to her about some super minor, simple thing that was completely confusing her. She is losing it, and she knows it, and she can't hold it together and can't do her job properly anymore, and knows everyone knows it, but she can't afford to retire. It was awful. I feel so bad for her. :frowning:

I'm a 41 yr old man and I shed tears daily over minor simple things.
    and, Obviously, I can't do my job properly.
    I am in for some shit in the years to come. :innocent:
    cdysinge said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

UGH.

I sure hope so.
    Maybe the worst restaurant on the planet?

This was a vet clinic...I feel bad for the people that weren't there in the morning to know what happened to the cake...because they all had a slice :sick:

- Christopher McCandless
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Might as well.
    fine.

So I saw some girl I work with at some parade on a Friday night, she was dealing with screaming kids, said something about 'the freezer was really full...animals everywhere" and ran off after her kids.
    Monday rolls around, I'm the first one to get there and there is some weird smell when I walk up to the back door. I open the door...I am almost knocked out be the most horrendous smell. WTF!?!?!? I start looking around, I go to my desk (which is in the laundry room), there is a cake that was in a cake platter thing that was on the floor, chocolate cake and whatever smeared on the floor. I don't care because I'm gagging on the smell. I walk to the back room and the smell is stronger, I find bag upon bag upon bag of euthanized animals on the freezer (is *this what she meant about a full freezer?) I go back to the laundry room to check the fridge there, yup, that fridge is full, and so is the freezer. I *have* to get rid of the smell, clients will be there in the next hour and a half. I start moving the bags from the back to outside. There is a reason the deceased are kept refrigerated or frozen...
    I'm moving one bag outside, there was a larger dog in there 120#...yup, the bag pops, instant gag reflex. Did I mention I am by myself?
    The other girl shows up as I am gagging, and she says, "told you there were animals everywhere" I tell her to help me re-bag the dog.
    The bookkeeper shows up and she's all "what in the world are you girls doing? Oh my lord why does it smell!?!??" she then empties an entire can of spray Lysol in the clinic.
    I go back in and go into the laundry room to collect more bags, and the bookkeeper lady is there and bawling like Nancy Kerrigan after she got bashed in the knee...."why?!!?!?oh why!?!?!? How could they do this to my cake?!!?!?" she looks at me, "who did this?!?!? why would they do this?" "I don't know, it was on the floor when I got here" she opens the fridge and animals fall out.
    So she's kneeling on the floor scraping up the cake ff the floor...keep in mind she's an older heavyset lady, so she's taking forever and basically blocking my way from trying to get other work done.
    The place now smells like death and Lysol...and later in the day she brings out the smashed chocolate cake that she scraped off the floor to serve everybody.
    I apparently offended her because I didn't want any cake.

This reminded me of something I had forgotten about for years; blocked out, really.

When I was 16 I worked at a veterinary clinic because I thought I wanted to be a vet. When animals died or were euthanized they were bagged in black plastic bags and thrown in a trailer in the back parking lot. Once a week on the weekend the newest, greenest employees needed to hitch the trailer to the clinic truck and take it to the town dump, where we had to climb into the trailer and unload it by picking the bags up and throwing them out. Leaving dead animals in black plastic in the sun during the summer for a week does not make for the most appetizing scene. Sometimes the bags would swell and split, and flies would get in, lay eggs, and ..... well, you get the picture. Yes, the smell is horrendous and stays with you all day, even after you've gone home and scrubbed your whole self in the shower. And don't even get me started on what we had to do when the bags had ripped and spilled in the trailer.

This was many years ago and I think they now need to incinerate (cremate?) the bodies; definitely a welcome improvement.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

Malroth said:

I screwed up at work and blew up a new $300 part. ( yeah, not a rocket scientist)
    I was just wondering if anybody has a bad day at work story to make me feel better?

Nope, you may have just made the worst mistake ever. If you don't count me crushing my hand and losing two fingers.
    So you are digits numbering 8? Now that's a bad day. I'm sorry.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • I've always wondered what they do with the male parts after fixing a dog. Is there a bucket of balls just sitting around somewhere that has to be emptied every few days?
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,310
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

it's a smell, that burns your nosehairs off...and you never ever forget that smell. Especially when a bag about ready to burst, actually bursts in your face.

That day was bad, but it will always be better than any day I had to work at Macy's...
    OMG! You were elf at Macy's???? Most Degenerate of you! What some people degenerates will do to earn a buck. Jeesh.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©