How the hell do you make an omelette?

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

SD48277 said:

Found the pics! (I was able to go on there without an account.) Excellent looking omelette. Very adorable cat. And I am assuming that is you in the one pic? Very sweet pic.

Oh thanks! And yes, Pennie is my kitty. She is adorable. And yes, that's me. That was during my fat Elvis period(actually I'm still in my fat Elvis period). But I can get un-fat anytime. I just chose to extend it for now.
    Fat Elvis? :lol: Peanut butter and banana sandwiches? Washed down with pills? (Sorry, I've derailed the thread again.)
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2015
    SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Found the pics! (I was able to go on there without an account.) Excellent looking omelette. Very adorable cat. And I am assuming that is you in the one pic? Very sweet pic.

Oh thanks! And yes, Pennie is my kitty. She is adorable. And yes, that's me. That was during my fat Elvis period(actually I'm still in my fat Elvis period). But I can get un-fat anytime. I just chose to extend it for now.
    (Sorry, I've derailed the thread again.)
    I'll save this thread.
    OP
    This is for you
    http://www.marthastewart.com/915776/how-make-perfect-omelette#915776
    http://www.newportmansions.org/learn/social-history/servants-in-gilded-age-newport/rudolph-stanish
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Fat Elvis? :lol: Peanut butter and banana sandwiches? Washed down with pills? (Sorry, I've derailed the thread again.)
    OP, I'm not laughing at you--just the idea of someone having a Fat Elvis period. You do not look fat in that pic.
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

No pills. And I can't play guitar or swivel my hips. But I can down a PB and banana sandwich like a king.

Can you make an omelette? Have you been trying?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

(Sorry, I've derailed the thread again.)
    I'll save this thread.
    OP
    This is for you
    http://www.marthastewart.com/915776/how-make-perfect-omelette#915776
    http://www.newportmansions.org/learn/social-history/servants-in-gilded-age-newport/rudolph-stanish
    Martha Stewart, lol. She couldn't use the pan to flip! So Disappointed. Hers broke when she flipped it. Mine didn't. And she has a criminal record now, so can't trust her now!

Still can not make an omelette, but I also have not been trying.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    checked in here after a while and it took me to the soft boiled eggs post. I love those too. I always stir in some mustard. So good.

checked in here after a while and it took me to the soft boiled eggs post. I love those too. I always stir in some mustard. So good.

So...what is the optimum time for the eggs to boil for soft boiled eggs?
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 said:

Where are you having problems?
  • checked in here after a while and it took me to the soft boiled eggs post. I love those too. I always stir in some mustard. So good.

Like French's mustard? Or Dijon's?

SD48277 said:

Motivation.
    ELITIST FUK
    Dijon or German style mustard.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    SD48277 said:

So...what is the optimum time for the eggs to boil for soft boiled eggs?
    3-5 mins
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Motivation.
    Try making one for supper instead of breakfast. Use lots of butter, or olive oil.
  • Dijon or German style mustard.

I don't know, makes me wince. Do u eat toast with your eggs?

SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Motivation.
    Try making one for supper instead of breakfast. Use lots of butter, or olive oil.
    I'm partial to butter...olive oil sounds too healthy. Is there a difference in the taste of the omelette?
    ELITIST FUK
    edited April 2015

I eat bread with almost everything :lol: But I bake my own. A very grainy, crusty, delicious sourdough wheat and rye bread. I love sliced eggs on bread too. With a little mustard, pepper, salt and if I have it, chives. I like the simple things. There is nothing better than dipping fresh bread into a runny egg. Mmmmh. And eggs and mustard are perfect together. Just not for scrambled eggs. Then I want ketchup.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

I eat bread with almost everything :lol: But I bake my own. A very grainy, crusty, delicious sourdough wheat and rye bread. I love sliced eggs on bread too. With a little mustard, pepper, salt and if I have it, chives. I like the simple things. There is nothing better than dipping fresh bread into a runny egg. Mmmmh. And eggs and mustard are perfect together. Just not for scrambled eggs. Then I want ketchup.

You were sounding so German - right up until the last four words! :smile:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited April 2015
    I do like ketchup sometimes. Just not on everything. I put hot sauce on eggs too. Not too little, not too much. If I'm not in the mood for the red stuff, it's capers and mustard. We actually have a dish in Germany where you put boiled eggs in a mustard / dill / caper sauce. You eat it with potatoes. Yummo!

You were sounding so German - right up until the last four words! :smile:
    That was my exact thought. Reminded me of a family friend we've had since we were little as I read the post.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    What can I say - I am a German :lol: The father of a friend of us used to be a baker and wanted to try my bread the other day. He liked it, but said I should put it in a steamer next time, so it doesn't come out as dense. I thought "Why? This is how it's supposed to be!" If the bread does not come to the German, the German will make their own. It took me about a year to get it right, but now I am very satisfied with it...
  • SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Motivation.
    I'm partial to butter...olive oil sounds too healthy. Is there a difference in the taste of the omelette?
    I don't know, ask the Juggler. He uses olive oil. But he's also an Eagles fan, so u have to second guess anything he tells you.
  • Dijon or German style mustard.

I want to trust you. You seem trustworthy and smart. And you're a obviously a cat person, so you have good credit with me. Ketchup is good with scrambled eggs. i'm going to try mustard with eggs.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I wish I could find some German mustard.

I've got four bottles of mustard in my fridge and I don't like any of them.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

I wish I could find some German mustard.

I've got four bottles of mustard in my fridge and I don't like any of them.

You live in NY and you can't find german mustard, I live in middle of fucking nowhere and I can buy german mustard. Just find a german deli, they usually have it for sale there.

The only German place around here is a restaurant.
    I think the Germans left. Or moved to Brooklyn.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    My family sends me our local mustard from time to time, but I find great German mustard at Aldi. It's super cheap too. They also have some great Dijon.
    edited April 2015
    Also if you happen to have a Polish market around your parts, try that. Their pickles are extraordinarily good as well.
    Oh man I found some kiwi jelly at the polish store on Easter - I haven't opened it yet but I'm excited about it.
    I'm still too lazy/not determined enough to go all the way to Brooklyn to find this mustard.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    ldent42 said:

Oh man I found some kiwi jelly at the polish store on Easter - I haven't opened it yet but I'm excited about it.
    I'm still too lazy/not determined enough to go all the way to Brooklyn to find this mustard.

There is this thing called the internet that allows home delivery of many products.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf