Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited April 2015
    derbydave said:

As of late last night, my package arrived in Central Ohio, about 15-25 minutes via car from my house!

SOOOOOOOOO maybe there's hope for @derbydave before Friday!!

If only that mattered...still have a day or 2 before delivery AFTER the package enters the USPS system!!
    UPS Mail Innovations is pretty reliable as far as this goes!!
    So you're saying I can't friggin' drive to Grove City and pick the dang thing up myself? :(

Yeah, I'm sure I'll get mine Thursday or Friday... *sigh*
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    mikeliska said:

korn-1 said:

Received at the local PO in IL at 7am today, id imagine ill have a nice new brad lp and white fixer sittin on the step when i get home!

Mine was in Forest Park yesterday and just arrived in Chicago at 7AM. We should hopefully have them today.
    Same. Mine was transferred to Naperville post office this morning and is now out for delivery. My mail usually comes after I leave for work, so I probably won't see what I got until I get home from work.

Trying to stay positive, but with 1.84...I'm 90% sure I'm going to get one of the 'Non ed' solo lp's.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Tres Mts. and EV Love Boat Captain 7" received in Portland. Bummer...

That package has a market value of like $35. I wonder if now we will see a string of duds, or will people just not post them.
    Yeah a market value that few people would ever pay. If you throw that package on ebay, fat chance you'd ever get anyone to pay $35. You'd be lucky to get $15-20 for that.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Sarava said:

mikeliska said:

korn-1 said:

Received at the local PO in IL at 7am today, id imagine ill have a nice new brad lp and white fixer sittin on the step when i get home!

Mine was in Forest Park yesterday and just arrived in Chicago at 7AM. We should hopefully have them today.
    Trying to stay positive, but with 1.84...I'm 90% sure I'm going to get one of the 'Non ed' solo lp's.
    Keep positive! 10 OG, yield, and a bunch of cool 7" are all very possible.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2015
    Sarava said:

MedozK said:

That package has a market value of like $35. I wonder if now we will see a string of duds, or will people just not post them.
    Yeah a market value that few people would ever pay. If you throw that package on ebay, fat chance you'd ever get anyone to pay $35. You'd be lucky to get $15-20 for that.
    Yea, its a shame the didn't partner the Tres Mts. with a more sought after 7". But again, there are way more duds on the the list than good stuff...so I guess they couldn't help having a lot of dud packages.
  • Options

Sarava said:

mikeliska said:

korn-1 said:

Keep positive! 10 OG, yield, and a bunch of cool 7" are all very possible.
    Eeek. My hopes rest on 2-5 OG Ten's and 5-10 Yield's . Throw those against the almost 300 non ed LP's out there. I'm dooooomed! hehe
  • Options
    MookieBlaylockMNMookieBlaylockMN Minnesota Posts: 214
    Curious for all of you who have been tracking. I've been able to track it up until now using the UPS Mail Innovations tracking system, but it fell off their grid on Friday, and it's not showing up on the USPS system. What has everyone who has already received one used to track the last couple steps of the package?
    06.30.1998 Minneapolis / 10.08.2000 East Troy (The Ice Bowl) / 06.16.2003 St. Paul / 06.26.2006 St. Paul / 09.03.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 09.04.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 07.19.2013 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.19.2014 St. Paul / 10.20.2014 Milwaukee (Yieldwaukee!) / 08.20.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.22.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.18.18 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.01.21 Dana Point (Ohana Encore) / 09.17.22 Louisville (Bourbon & Beyond) / 08.31.23 St. Paul / 09.02.23 St. Paul
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Sarava said:

MedozK said:

Yea, its a shame the didn't partner the Tres Mts. with a more sought after 7". But again, there are way more duds on the the list than good stuff...so I guess they couldn't help having a lot of dud packages.

These "mystery packages" have always been a way for them to dump unwanted stuff. I think we all got a bunch of stuff we wouldn't buy along with the "good stuff" in previous mystery boxes.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

Curious for all of you who have been tracking. I've been able to track it up until now using the UPS Mail Innovations tracking system, but it fell off their grid on Friday, and it's not showing up on the USPS system. What has everyone who has already received one used to track the last couple steps of the package?

Mine had no action on the UPS site from Friday until early this morning...it's probably on the back of a truck somewhere.
  • Options
    Yeah I just looked again and it did update this morning. So according to this, it took 3 postal days to "process."

Saint Paul, MN, United States 04/28/2015 8:53 A.M. Package processed by Post Office
    Saint Paul, MN, United States 04/24/2015 5:52 P.M. Electronic Shipment Information Received for Package by Post Office
    06.30.1998 Minneapolis / 10.08.2000 East Troy (The Ice Bowl) / 06.16.2003 St. Paul / 06.26.2006 St. Paul / 09.03.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 09.04.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 07.19.2013 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.19.2014 St. Paul / 10.20.2014 Milwaukee (Yieldwaukee!) / 08.20.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.22.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.18.18 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.01.21 Dana Point (Ohana Encore) / 09.17.22 Louisville (Bourbon & Beyond) / 08.31.23 St. Paul / 09.02.23 St. Paul
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

derbydave said:

As of late last night, my package arrived in Central Ohio, about 15-25 minutes via car from my house!

SOOOOOOOOO maybe there's hope for @derbydave before Friday!!

If only that mattered...still have a day or 2 before delivery AFTER the package enters the USPS system!!
    UPS Mail Innovations is pretty reliable as far as this goes!!
    So you're saying I can't friggin' drive to Grove City and pick the dang thing up myself? :(

Yeah, I'm sure I'll get mine Thursday or Friday... *sigh*
    SURE...
    just drive on down to Urbancrest and tell them you want your Mystery Vinyl package NOW!!
    That should work!! :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

MedozK said:

Sarava said:

MedozK said:

These "mystery packages" have always been a way for them to dump unwanted stuff. I think we all got a bunch of stuff we wouldn't buy along with the "good stuff" in previous mystery boxes.
    But we always go nuts for them...
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,583
    So the mystery vinyl sale page here now just says the date "December 31 1969"...... I wonder if there is any significance to that date???
    http://www.pearljam.com/tenclub/events/1/22613/2015_record_store_day_mystery_vinyl
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    edited April 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

So the mystery vinyl sale page here now just says the date "December 31 1969"...... I wonder if there is any significance to that date???
    http://www.pearljam.com/tenclub/events/1/22613/2015_record_store_day_mystery_vinyl

http://mentalfloss.com/article/26316/why-does-my-gadget-say-its-december-31-1969

In short, Unix considers time = 0 to be on January 1st, 1970 GMT. Hence, in the Western hemisphere, that would be December 31st, 1969. It's likely to do with how the database entries are deleted - the remaining timestamp would be time = 0.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,583
    edited April 2015
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/26316/why-does-my-gadget-say-its-december-31-1969
    Interesting. Thanks! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting. Thanks! :)
    Any time :)

Curiosity may have killed the cats... But I never liked cats anyways.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    hsohi said:

MedozK said:

Sarava said:

MedozK said:

It's a Powerball ticket.. for $2, you *could* win $200 million or you could win squadoosh!

If you don't play, well, you won't win.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

hsohi said:

MedozK said:

Sarava said:

MedozK said:

It's a Powerball ticket.. for $2, you *could* win $200 million or you could win squadoosh!

well...with the 'mystery sales' you at least get "something"...with a powerball ticket, if you don't win...well, you just contributed to someone else's jackpot...and probably contributed to some state fund of some sort.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

hsohi said:

MedozK said:

Sarava said:

MedozK said:

well...with the 'mystery sales' you at least get "something"...with a powerball ticket, if you don't win...well, you just contributed to someone else's jackpot...and probably contributed to some state fund of some sort.
    Well true, but it all depends how you look at it. A 2011 annual single with a black Backspacer could be squadoosh, as you just spent $60 on something you already have...but yeah, it's still *something* tangible.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - Jack Handy
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Again with the Backspacer! C'mon! Its a great fucking record!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is disputing that Backspacer's a great record - I love it. I just don't want to receive a second black copy since I dropped $50 on this sale, and I already own a copy of it that I paid less than $20 for.

Now if it comes with Sevens....
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    wow. With all these Avocados and Lost Dogs bouncing around.... I'm very bummed I couldn't get through with the sale. :bawling:
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    edited April 2015
    Honestly, I spin Backspacer quite frequently. I think it's a solid record, even if I'm in the minority.

If I get it, I will probably send it to my buddy who got me my 10c membership for my birthday, because I don't need two, and he is the fucking man and the reason I was able to get in on the mystery vinyl in the first place!
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 142
    Other than see my friend and Johnny guitar, I'd say it's up there with their best. The run from just breath through to unthought known is probably by favourite of any album ever. But I'd still be disappointed even if I got a white backspacer, I want a new record to spin, preferably by pearl jam haha.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I like JG and GSMF
  • Options
    BeetJuiceBeetJuice Posts: 61
    MedozK said:

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - Jack Handy

Hmmmm you've giving me a lot to think about.
    "Don't Gimmie No Lip, You've Got To Face This Shit"
  • Options
    BeetJuiceBeetJuice Posts: 61
    MedozK said:

"If you ever accidentally drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone."
    Jack Handy

Words to live by...
    "Don't Gimmie No Lip, You've Got To Face This Shit"
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    Into The Wild & 2011 Devil Doll/Better Things - 1.85 lbs - NYC

Thanks 10C!