U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

I know this game is meaningless but this is garbage

Yep. 3 pretty bad performances in a row. That isn't going to work against Mexico or Costa Rica.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Jozy dropped from the team for the rest of the tournament. He can't be thrilled but sounds like it is strictly a fitness issue, though kind of surprising he isn't fit almost a year after the injury, if that's the excuse

Jozy dropped from the team for the rest of the tournament. He can't be thrilled but sounds like it is strictly a fitness issue, though kind of surprising he isn't fit almost a year after the injury, if that's the excuse

Yeah, he definitely didn't look 100% in the first 2 games that he played in. Plus he got yanked early in both of those games.
    The bracket shakes out pretty well. Mexico gets Costa Rica in the quarters, US gets Cuba then Jamaica. Jamaica has apparently looked good but still, it's Jamaica. Should have no problem getting to the finals. Probably going to pull the trigger on tickets this weekend.

The bracket shakes out pretty well. Mexico gets Costa Rica in the quarters, US gets Cuba then Jamaica. Jamaica has apparently looked good but still, it's Jamaica. Should have no problem getting to the finals. Probably going to pull the trigger on tickets this weekend.

Yeah, pretty nice draw for the US in the knockout stages here. As bad as they have looked, it's really hard to see them not making the final. And that works out nice for you with the final being in Philly.

Yeah, pretty nice draw for the US in the knockout stages here. As bad as they have looked, it's really hard to see them not making the final. And that works out nice for you with the final being in Philly.
    Yeah, man. Feeling pretty good about it. 7:30 on a Sunday night too. Should be a good fun day of tailgating.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited July 2015
    I kind of feel bad for cuba.

Edit: now I definitely feel bad for cuba.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435

Snagged my tickets. I have to figure a lot of people are assuming its going to be US-Mexico and they are starting to go pretty quickly it looks like.

I can't even imagine the potential atmosphere for a US-Mexico game for a trophy.
    Glad I got my tickets. Game is pretty much sold out. Figure after Sunday everyone is banking on US-Mexico.

Get it done tomorrow!

Glad I got my tickets. Game is pretty much sold out. Figure after Sunday everyone is banking on US-Mexico.

Get it done tomorrow!

That's awesome. I've still never seen the U.S. in person. Unfortunately they don't schedule many games for them in Chicago anymore since they never seemed to have the homefield advantage when they play here.

Early start time tonight. Shouldn't be much of a problem getting past Jamaica, but still can't be looking past them.
    AHHH...Fucking nervous about this game
    Tim Howard coming back after the Gold Cup

I wonder if he'll get the same treatment that Donovan got after he took his break. I really like Jurgen, but still can't help but wonder if the World Cup would have went differently had Donovan been on the roster like he should have been. The move looked especially dumb after Jozy went down.

I wonder if he'll get the same treatment that Donovan got after he took his break. I really like Jurgen, but still can't help but wonder if the World Cup would have went differently had Donovan been on the roster like he should have been. The move looked especially dumb after Jozy went down.
    Sounds like he and Klinsman have already talked about it but we'll see.

Yeah, would have been nice to be able to come in at the end of those games.
    Well....this is absolute aids
    Fucking kidding me
    Wasn't able to watch the game. What the fuck? Jamaica? Really? That's bad. Really bad.

Wasn't able to watch the game. What the fuck? Jamaica? Really? That's bad. Really bad.

Just bizarre. One off a long throw in then Guzan apparently reached outside of the box when throwing the ball. When does that get called? When they scored I swore they were winning it, then they threw their strategy that was working out the door and just started tossing long balls. Garbage.

Considering going to the 3rd place game, but people aren't terribly interested. Was able to get rid of my tickets for Sunday at a small loss.

Just bizarre. One off a long throw in then Guzan apparently reached outside of the box when throwing the ball. When does that get called? When they scored I swore they were winning it, then they threw their strategy that was working out the door and just started tossing long balls. Garbage.

Considering going to the 3rd place game, but people aren't terribly interested. Was able to get rid of my tickets for Sunday at a small loss.
    Yeah, I was just watching the highlights. They always struggle when they are constantly going for the long passes. And to keep doing that when they are down 1 and Jamaica is holding back is just plain dumb.

Nice that you got rid of your tix. The 3rd place game is at the small stadium where the Union play, right? Can't imagine that will be a very competitive game....2 teams highly disappointed (especially the U.S.) that they didn't make the final.

Yeah, I was just watching the highlights. They always struggle when they are constantly going for the long passes. And to keep doing that when they are down 1 and Jamaica is holding back is just plain dumb.

Nice that you got rid of your tix. The 3rd place game is at the small stadium where the Union play, right? Can't imagine that will be a very competitive game....2 teams highly disappointed (especially the U.S.) that they didn't make the final.
    It was so stupid. Bradley was wrecking havoc in the box. So many chances and all of a sudden they start just crossing it in and Bradley was essentially taken out of the game.

Yeah, 3rd place game is at the Union stadium. Someone then has to drive and all that for a game that is probably going to be pretty terrible. Assume I am not going, but tough to turn a USMNT game down that close.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    hey, cliffy...today's tour stage:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I'm gutted.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

Is that real?
    imalive said:

I'm gutted.
    I hope u have herpes
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Well Rob does but we don't like to talk about it, it makes him sad.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    The way Rob feels about soccer is the way I feel about cycling. Can't think of anything more boring than watching a bunch of dudes in spandex riding bikes. Although the big pile up crashes are pretty cool.

imalive said:

Is that real?
    it is....they said they needed something like 3 miles of road to get 400 yards from one point A to Point B. took those frenchies something like 6 years to complete it in the 1940s.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So glad I did go to that garbage. Out shot by panama 25-5?!? They were all out in philly last night too.

Kinsman better get this team to the confederations cup. Have to imagine Howard is back in the net for that game

So glad I did go to that garbage. Out shot by panama 25-5?!? They were all out in philly last night too.

Kinsman better get this team to the confederations cup. Have to imagine Howard is back in the net for that game

Yeah, not a shock that that game was complete garbage.

The 1 game playoff will be at the Rose Bowl. They might as well just play that game at Azteca....will be like a fucking home game for Mexico. CONCACAF just can't pass up a big payday because they know they'll sell out that place. What a fucking joke. If they wanted it to be fair, they should play it at a neutral site in one of the Caribbean countries.
    edited September 2015
    Man, jurgen makes it tough sometimes. Plays bedoya out of position and takes him out before the half...rough