Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    "Iran appears to be standing down". LOL. what a load of horseshit. Iran called Trump's bluff. But if his constant need to be seen as the stronger force deescalates the situation, so be it. 
    If you were giving that speech, you’d say the same thing.  I thought it was a brilliantly worded portion of that to be honest. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    wearing a diaper. jesus christ. who cares if he does. seriously, some older men have control issues. can you imagine them being broadcast globally?
    He deserves whatever ridicule can be attributed to him.  His people still think Hillary molests children in a pizza joint.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    wearing a diaper. jesus christ. who cares if he does. seriously, some older men have control issues. can you imagine them being broadcast globally?
    He deserves whatever ridicule can be attributed to him.  His people still think Hillary molests children in a pizza joint.
    I just think it's offside to consider making fun of a medical condition as something to be embarrassed about or ok to be ridiculed about. I prefer to mock him for his actions, rather than his appearance or physical/medical issues. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    "Iran appears to be standing down". LOL. what a load of horseshit. Iran called Trump's bluff. But if his constant need to be seen as the stronger force deescalates the situation, so be it. 
    If you were giving that speech, you’d say the same thing.  I thought it was a brilliantly worded portion of that to be honest. 
    I didn't see the speech. I suppose I should have watched it prior to commenting. out of context it just sounded like saving face to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    edited January 2020
    I didn't see the speech. I suppose I should have watched it prior to commenting. out of context it just sounded like saving face to me. 
    It was actually pretty good. As usual trump does something positive and it is nothing but crickets in here.  Instead of talking about the speech we talk about whether or not he wears a diaper.  

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    It was actually pretty good. As usual trump does something positive and it is nothing but crickets in here.  
    I see what you're saying, but what you're really saying here is that he's so terrible that he needs to be praised for reading a prepared speech without taking questions and not royally fucking it up. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mcgruff10 said:
    It was actually pretty good. As usual trump does something positive and it is nothing but crickets in here.  Instead of talking about the speech we talk about whether or not he wears a diaper.  

Eight people commented on the speech. That’s not crickets. Not everyone agrees with you that it was something positive. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mcgruff10 said:
    It was actually pretty good. As usual trump does something positive and it is nothing but crickets in here.  
    I see what you're saying, but what you're really saying here is that he's so terrible that he needs to be praised for reading a prepared speech without taking questions and not royally fucking it up. 
    Truth.. I also don't give credit for giving a quality speech on a terrible (lack of) strategy.  The speech was unnecessary because the whole episode is idiotic.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

If you take out the weird Obama crap that always creeps in... I was pleasantly surprised.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:

Eight people commented on the speech. That’s not crickets. Not everyone agrees with you that it was something positive. 
    And if it was a shit show there would been two dozen new posts.  
    So How wasn’t the speech positive?  Crisis avoided.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hahahahaha....kinda.

Though this was a a big moment, regardless of who is president, nailing that speech was important. He certainly didn’t nail it 100% (Obama Iran deal $ crap). But he came a lot closer than I thought
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

So what were the negatives? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hahahahaha....kinda.

Though this was a a big moment, regardless of who is president, nailing that speech was important. He certainly didn’t nail it 100% (Obama Iran deal $ crap). But he came a lot closer than I thought
    it's interesting, the obama iran deal money figure he keeps fucking up, he actually probably got that number from obama himself. 

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/us-iran-news-01-08-2020/index.html

President Trump moments ago repeated an oft-repeated assertion that Iran was "given $150 billion" by the 2015 nuclear agreement signed by the Obama administration.

Facts first: That figure is an exaggeration. And the money in question wasn't American.

The US had agreed to unfreeze a significant sum of Iran's assets that had been frozen in international financial institutions, predominantly outside the US, because of sanctions against Iran.

Trump did not pull the $150 billion figure out of thin air: Obama himself mused in a 2015 interview about Iran having "$150 billion parked outside the country." But experts on Iran policy, and Obama's administration, said that the quantity of assets the agreement actually made available to Iran was much lower.

In 2015, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew put the number at $56 billion. PolitiFact reported that Garbis Iradian, chief economist at the Institute of International Finance, put it at about $60 billion. Adam Szubin, a senior Treasury Department official, testified to Congress in 2015 that the "usable liquid assets" would total "a little more than $50 billion." The rest of Iran's foreign assets, he said, were either tied up in "illiquid" projects "that cannot be monetized quickly, if at all, or are composed of outstanding loans to Iranian entities that cannot repay them."

Trump was more accurate on Wednesday when he claimed Iran had been given $1.8 billion "in cash." The Obama administration did send Iran $1.7 billion — $400 million plus interest — to settle a decades-old dispute over a purchase of never-delivered US military goods Iran made before its government was overthrown in the Islamic Revolution of 1979.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jeebus, some folks are so easily duped. The fucking guy launches a drone strike taking out boogeyman #1’s number 2, just to knock impeachment developments off the front page, beats his chest and makes war crimes threats and then makes a speech stating Iran is backing down and we’ll implement new sanctions and you guys eat it up as “presidential.” No wonder were fucked. Pray do tell us Team Trump Treason’s end game. I’m all ears.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hahahahaha....kinda.

it's interesting, the obama iran deal money figure he keeps fucking up, he actually probably got that number from obama himself. 

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/us-iran-news-01-08-2020/index.html

President Trump moments ago repeated an oft-repeated assertion that Iran was "given $150 billion" by the 2015 nuclear agreement signed by the Obama administration.

Facts first: That figure is an exaggeration. And the money in question wasn't American.

The US had agreed to unfreeze a significant sum of Iran's assets that had been frozen in international financial institutions, predominantly outside the US, because of sanctions against Iran.

Trump did not pull the $150 billion figure out of thin air: Obama himself mused in a 2015 interview about Iran having "$150 billion parked outside the country." But experts on Iran policy, and Obama's administration, said that the quantity of assets the agreement actually made available to Iran was much lower.

In 2015, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew put the number at $56 billion. PolitiFact reported that Garbis Iradian, chief economist at the Institute of International Finance, put it at about $60 billion. Adam Szubin, a senior Treasury Department official, testified to Congress in 2015 that the "usable liquid assets" would total "a little more than $50 billion." The rest of Iran's foreign assets, he said, were either tied up in "illiquid" projects "that cannot be monetized quickly, if at all, or are composed of outstanding loans to Iranian entities that cannot repay them."

Trump was more accurate on Wednesday when he claimed Iran had been given $1.8 billion "in cash." The Obama administration did send Iran $1.7 billion — $400 million plus interest — to settle a decades-old dispute over a purchase of never-delivered US military goods Iran made before its government was overthrown in the Islamic Revolution of 1979.

And what people don't realize, or don't care to, is there's actually an longstanding tribunal at the Hague to deal with financial issues related to the Iranian overthrow in 79 and the corresponding worldwide freezing of assets.  Most experts agree that had Obama's team not struck the deal for the interest (which was substantial), even more would have been awarded by the tribunal.  I've always thought that this was a rational decision by the Obama administration, and a show of good faith to the deal.  
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mcgruff10 said:

You can read what people posted as well as I can. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

You can read what people posted as well as I can. 
    Was just asking your opinion, weird I know 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Jeebus, some folks are so easily duped. The fucking guy launches a drone strike taking out boogeyman #1’s number 2, just to knock impeachment developments off the front page, beats his chest and makes war crimes threats and then makes a speech stating Iran is backing down and we’ll implement new sanctions and you guys eat it up as “presidential.” No wonder were fucked. Pray do tell us Team Trump Treason’s end game. I’m all ears.
    No one here is duped. But that speech coulda and was probably more likely to go in a far worse direction 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    lol so what he sounded coherent for once and now it’s all good and if anyone believes this is the end of conflict and everything is good to go I have a bridge to sell you , I don’t care what he sounded like today he’s still the biggest idiot on the earth and he’s still impeached! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    mcgruff10 said:

This is like asking someone to tell you what was so negative about the prepared speech the guy who just raped your mom gave at his sentencing. "All is well. Your mom is backing down. If Obama hadn't given her that phone she would have never called the police..."

Praise someone who is only giving a speech because their actions haven't yet lead to thousands of more lives lost? Nah, I'll praise the babysitters that had to wrangle this toddler in and convince him not to fire a nuke instead. Maybe in 20 years, we'll get to read the book about all these crazy situations and what it really took for wars not to be started. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    No one here is duped. But that speech coulda and was probably more likely to go in a far worse direction 
    Yeah, with Trump, it could have very well been a declaration of war or something. Maybe he's actually listening to his military strategists, who have to be advising against another LOOOOONG meaningless war. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    He could have apologized and you would have yelled "boo" though so you don't count.
  • Options
    I think it speaks more to his competency based on all the other issues that have become apparent about the "best brain".
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is like asking someone to tell you what was so negative about the prepared speech the guy who just raped your mom gave at his sentencing. "All is well. Your mom is backing down. If Obama hadn't given her that phone she would have never called the police..."
    Normal, healthy analogy 
  • Options
    He could have apologized and you would have yelled "boo" though so you don't count.
    Yea, because the guy is a complete fucking idiot and is POTUS. You should be embarrassed.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Normalization has begun. Quick, someone post the steps to fascism again.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    It he was ever sincere about anything, sure, but Trump reading a prepared speech and pronouncing sorry, soreeye, shouldn't impress anyone that has a pulse. Intention and empathy matter, he has never shown an ounce of either unless it was about trashing people on Twitter, which is the one thing he gives his all to.
  • Options
    Is there really a teleprompter?  His eyeballs were all over the place and when he does a prepared speech I had seen him not move a lick when he did.

Just curious.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Normal, healthy analogy 
    No not normal at all, and neither is anything Trump does or says. Go ahead, if you're married, next time you do something that makes your spouse mad, read a prepared statement from a friend with no investment in the statement. I'm sure it will go well.
  • Options
    Why can't we talk about things about trump without bringing all the other things into it.  Can't anyone here just discuss the current event without extrapolating?

1) I know trump started this mess with a crazy assassination of an Iranian official....not good.  Unsure if there was any real data/reasoning (imminent threats).  I tend to think there were not, other than the obvious fact that he was always working towards potential threats.  But then again, so is Putin.

Regardless of how we go to this point, his words today were at least on point (for the most part) and will allow things to settle down a little.  Just as the Iranian's throwing rockets hoping to not kill people.  So while I'm under no illusion that Iran will actually stop trying to hurt america and especially American interests in the middle east and I am under no illusion that trump is all calm now and won't do something stupid...I feel better than I did before his speech.  Not a lot better, but a little. and at least I don't feel worse.

hippiemom = goodness