cleaning the house

12346»

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    You know what sucks balls?
    Sweeping/steaming/mopping/vacuuming when your back is fucked and your sciatica hurts and it's 3000° cuz the oven is on and the ac cannot be used.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    ldent42 said:

Sweeping/steaming/mopping/vacuuming when your back is fucked and your sciatica hurts and it's 3000° cuz the oven is on and the ac cannot be used.

Why can't you run the ac when the oven is on? Is it like flushing the toilet when someone is in the shower?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    imalive said:

cleaning day today....got it done a day early because I might, just might, have a hangover tomorrow. :no_mouth:

we have a black, glass topped GE Profile range....if you have one little spill or boilover, you're fucked because it is literally impossible to just clean a small section....any attempt just makes it worse. so, every two weeks or so, I gotta pull off the grates, remove the burners and knobs and use soft scrub and a razor blade. man, does it piss me off if I slop something on it in the following day or two.

when we first got this range and I realized it was impossible to clean, I checked the internet for tips...one person said "take a sledge hammer to it" and another one suggesting never cooking at home.

Egg drippings or the film from an overflowing pot,suck to get off the range glass.I have the same GE piece of shit and usually go with like half a bottle of soft scrub and a nylon pad.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rr165892 said:

imalive said:

cleaning day today....got it done a day early because I might, just might, have a hangover tomorrow. :no_mouth:

we have a black, glass topped GE Profile range....if you have one little spill or boilover, you're fucked because it is literally impossible to just clean a small section....any attempt just makes it worse. so, every two weeks or so, I gotta pull off the grates, remove the burners and knobs and use soft scrub and a razor blade. man, does it piss me off if I slop something on it in the following day or two.

when we first got this range and I realized it was impossible to clean, I checked the internet for tips...one person said "take a sledge hammer to it" and another one suggesting never cooking at home.

Egg drippings or the film from an overflowing pot,suck to get off the range glass.I have the same GE piece of shit and usually go with like half a bottle of soft scrub and a nylon pad.
    Now I don't want a glass top range...I hate cleaning the electric burner coils and drip pans.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    rr165892 said:

imalive said:

just mustered up the ambition to clean ours tonight....I'll probably spill something on it tomorrow :rage:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    rr165892 said:

ldent42 said:

Why can't you run the ac when the oven is on? Is it like flushing the toilet when someone is in the shower?
    No I can't run the a/c at all, since yesterday. I'm fuckin dying. it's like 300% humidity right now. I swear to god if the library was still open 24/7 that's where i'd be sleeping tonight. Tomorrow I have to replace it and get the stupid fucking shelf thing. if I turn it on I run the risk of getting a fine I can't pay.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    ^^^^^^^^^ You get fined for running the a/c. Where do you live, Russia?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    ldent42 said:

rr165892 said:

ldent42 said:

No I can't run the a/c at all, since yesterday. I'm fuckin dying. it's like 300% humidity right now. I swear to god if the library was still open 24/7 that's where i'd be sleeping tonight. Tomorrow I have to replace it and get the stupid fucking shelf thing. if I turn it on I run the risk of getting a fine I can't pay.
    A fine for running the ac??

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

yea. it's leaking. and i don't have the shelf thing which apparently became a legal requirement at some point when I wasn't looking. so if they hear it dripping theyre gonna call the owner again and if they send someone before I get it replaced then they get to fine me. Fucking snitches never said anything to me about it so I didn't even know there was anything wrong until I get told I'm gonna be fined if I don't replace it before inspector fucking gadget comes. And I cannot replace it by myself. I'm weak. and injured. and short. so I have to wait until tomorrow.
    Dog hair...I brush him every day but I keep finding dog puffs everywhere. Here a puff there a puff, everywhere a puff...and they grow! I swear they quadruple in one day!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    We (fine, my husband did it, god bless him) vacuumed the furniture not even a week ago and there are already tufts of cat hair on "their" chair and couch cushions.

I had an epiphany of using loofah gloves or those Scotch-bright dish sponges (the kind with the rough green side). That'd work, no?
    RK, I just noticed - a 2am post? The fuck, my fellow west-coaster?

(and about dog hair, yet =) )
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    I'm about to go put in a couple of hours cleaning. I do not want to come back on Monday to a mess. I hate coming home from a tiring vacation to a messy house. I would prefer to walk in and dump my shit down and go relax.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    "dump my shit down" :lol:
    hedonist said:

We (fine, my husband did it, god bless him) vacuumed the furniture not even a week ago and there are already tufts of cat hair on "their" chair and couch cushions.

I had an epiphany of using loofah gloves or those Scotch-bright dish sponges (the kind with the rough green side). That'd work, no?

I rarely take the cushions off the couch or loveseat, because they are slippery leather on top but hair grabbing synthetic underneath....the vacuum might get 40% of it....maybe.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

"dump my shit down" :lol:

hedonist said:

I rarely take the cushions off the couch or loveseat, because they are slippery leather on top but hair grabbing synthetic underneath....the vacuum might get 40% of it....maybe.

Now I'm wondering about the dog/cat thing. Both give off fur...but then you have the "will claw and bite ANYTHING" vs "hey, what's this and can I eat or tear it apart?" mindsets.

We need to get new couches/loungers and have no idea what type of fabric or finish to go with.

hedonist said:

Yes, "please see the 'team no sleep" thread... :D

Why do drunk people snore louder when they pass out?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

mr. RK? :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

Deeper sleep?

And read through that - sorry!

Guessing nudging and "gentle" kicks have done no good?
    imalive said:

:)
    hedonist said:

Deeper sleep?

No, he regularly snores on his back, side, stomach... :sigh:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

It's all about the relaxation factor of the body. I snore badly without alcohol, but 100 times worse even after only a few drinks. Even my snore guard is rendered powerless after too much whiskey. Lol.

www.headstonesband.com

RKCNDY said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

Deeper sleep?

Get him a snore guard. It really works. It is somewhat uncomfortable getting used to it (and a bit of jaw soreness in the morning), but after a week or two, you dont even notice it.

www.headstonesband.com

RKCNDY said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

Deeper sleep?

Get him a snore guard. It really works. It is somewhat uncomfortable getting used to it (and a bit of jaw soreness in the morning), but after a week or two, you dont even notice it.

I'm picturing Hannibal Lechter.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14