cleaning the house

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I hate fiberglass tubs...I just cannot get it clean...bleach, baking soda and vinegar scrub...gimmie enamel coated steel!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    RKCNDY said:

I hate fiberglass tubs...I just cannot get it clean...bleach, baking soda and vinegar scrub...gimmie enamel coated steel!

has mr. RC been peeing in the tub again?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    We cleaned the house like crazy because of the new puppy...put everything away she could chew on and puppy proofed...the house has not looked so good ever....LMAO!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

We cleaned the house like crazy because of the new puppy...put everything away she could chew on and puppy proofed...the house has not looked so good ever....LMAO!

funny...I'm always struck by how much crap (bones, toys, etc) we have laying around DUE to the dog.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

PJSiren said:

funny...I'm always struck by how much crap (bones, toys, etc) we have laying around DUE to the dog.
    LOL, well, yeah that stuff is still all over...kitty toys for the cats and doggy toys for the dogs...but the house is super clean otherwise! HA
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

LOL, well, yeah that stuff is still all over...kitty toys for the cats and doggy toys for the dogs...but the house is super clean otherwise! HA
    and the dog hair...don't forget the dog hair!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

OH HOW COULD I??? I wore a navy blue sweatshirt yesterday, COVERED in dog hair....lol It is near impossible to wear anything dark in my house...I'm sure you can sympathize as Piper is mostly white....lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    imalive said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

I wonder if cat hair is worse than dog hair.

Our carpet is littered with jingle balls, paper balls, stretchy strings, and squeaky toys. It's a fucking chore to gather them all when trying to vacuum.
    hedonist said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

I wonder if cat hair is worse than dog hair.

Our carpet is littered with jingle balls, paper balls, stretchy strings, and squeaky toys. It's a fucking chore to gather them all when trying to vacuum.
    HAHA, we have both cat hair and dog hair, so it's a HOT MESS!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

Oh my god. I feel for you.

Any good methods of removing said hair from furniture? We've tried tape, rubber gloves, the roller things that last all of a minute. Nothing short of laundering or putting the vacuum to it works!

hedonist said:

PJSiren said:

Oh my god. I feel for you.

Any good methods of removing said hair from furniture? We've tried tape, rubber gloves, the roller things that last all of a minute. Nothing short of laundering or putting the vacuum to it works!

Nope, just our vacuum...that's all that works...we have a vacuum that is pretty decent on animal fur though, it does a good job pulling it up...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    I swear by Dyson! Excellent investment but a bit heavy on my back to lug around.
    I always wanted a dyson...but we got another brand...it was an expensive one too, but we got a deal on it because it was refurbished at the vacuum store...and it works great! I can't recall the brand name though...haha
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    hedonist said:

I swear by Dyson! Excellent investment but a bit heavy on my back to lug around.

I completely second that. We will never own anything else and do the tile as well as carpets with it. Works the best on animal hair.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited May 2015
    PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

OH HOW COULD I??? I wore a navy blue sweatshirt yesterday, COVERED in dog hair....lol It is near impossible to wear anything dark in my house...I'm sure you can sympathize as Piper is mostly white....lol

I have out of the house clothes and in the house clothes. The first thing I do when I come home is change into my pet hair clothes, and always immediately put away my non-pet hair clothes for protection. And I swiffer daily. And have to do the laundry in loads separated by cat hair and no cat hair. I hate it. I actually think I may never get another pet after my current cat dies. The fucking hair just sucks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

I have out of the house clothes and in the house clothes. The first thing I do when I come home is change into my pet hair clothes, and always immediately put away my non-pet hair clothes for protection. And I swiffer daily. And have to do the laundry in loads separated by cat hair and no cat hair. I hate it. I actually think I may never get another pet after my current cat dies. The fucking hair just sucks.
    HAHA, now thats funny, I wish I could have no hair clothes, but the hair is everywhere, it's impossible...even if I had pulled that sweatchirt out of the closet with no fur, by the time I left for work it would have still be coated...because I sit down to put on my shoes and I sit for a few minutes before its time to go, I pet the animals...it's just hopeless in my house...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited May 2015
    PJSiren said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

HAHA, now thats funny, I wish I could have no hair clothes, but the hair is everywhere, it's impossible...even if I had pulled that sweatchirt out of the closet with no fur, by the time I left for work it would have still be coated...because I sit down to put on my shoes and I sit for a few minutes before its time to go, I pet the animals...it's just hopeless in my house...
    No, dress RIGHT before leaving. No sitting around for a few minutes, lol. Clothing drawers always closed. Closet always closed. Nothing left out or on the floor ever. Put your shoes on in the car of you have to, lol. Keep some 'from the door to your car shoes' outside the door. You can keep your clothes hair free, but it takes real dedication, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    I love me a clean organized house.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    RKCNDY said:

If it's hard water stains, use lime away.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

If it's hard water stains, use lime away.

Usually you can use vinegar instead of limeaway...but I'll give it a whirl. Then coat the tub in car wax.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

hilarious. I think there is still hair stuck to some of my clothes from a dog who died in 2008.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

hilarious. I think there is still hair stuck to some of my clothes from a dog who died in 2008.

WOW, that's a long time! I know I'm still finding Tabby Lu furs in my clothes and all over the house even though we've vacuumed and everything, I know they are her's because her furs were swirly with black and grey on each hair...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    one of you should come do my dishes.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    After they are done can they come do some laundry at my house?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    cdysinge said:

After they are done can they come do some laundry at my house?

What a sad 10C tour - going state to state, city to city, to clean houses instead of going to concerts.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    ldent42 said:

one of you should come do my dishes.

I'll give you my daughter for the afternoon....:lol:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    everytime I sweep the kitchen floor I am amazed at what accumulates, ewwwww
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    FoxyRedLa said:

I agree. Most boys are gross! Never rinse the sink, never flush the toilet or flush it before they finish, never replace the tipi, never dry off on the floor mat, never hang up their poof, pee on the seat-rim-and floor...need I go on?? Finger and toe clippings, dirty laundry, let's not talk about the plunger, garbage not thrown away like empty tipi, tools left in the bathroom, never hang up towels...I have more lol.

you just described my wife and daughters. my one and only other roomie was a male. our apartment was IMMACULATE. living with my wife is at times unbearably dirty. it's probably mostly due to her eyesight, but jesus, it's ridiculous. I do all the cleaning. Most of the cooking. But sometimes you just throw up your hands and go "whatever!", cause it's a thankless job. it gets dirty again milliseconds after you clean it.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    RKCNDY said:

rr165892 said:

Enkidu said:

I guess because I am an elitist fuck I have a cleaning lady. Once a week or once every two weeks. She does the one thing I totally hate - changes the sheets/comforter. I'd clean a toilet in a heartbeat, get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor - but I hate changing sheets.

With a dog and two cats there is a lot of fur so we try to sweep as much as we can. And we make our kids do stuff too. Sunday is laundry day and I'm in charge of that. My husband is in charge of the litter box.

I guess I'm an elitist fuck also,as we have cleaning girls come in on Wednesday.That said.we keep it sparkly day to day and in between.
    Not for nothing but I find the best foreplay in the world is doing the dishes,bathing the dogs and folding laundry.Plus I do all the cooking.Mrs rr loves that shit.:)
    If only all men knew this...*sigh*
    you mean to tell me if I didn't do these things, I'd get even LESS ACTION than I do now??? that's nearly impossible! :anguished:

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• RKCNDY said:

Barkeeper's Friend works pretty good on my tubs, showers, sinks, plus it's fairly inexpensive.
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .