cleaning the house

do you guys have a schedule for this?

we used to do it weekly but now we have a bi-weekly "cleaning day." it is usually friday or saturday. if I'm anticipating a saturday hangover, it's best to get it out of the way. if we didn't have a shedding, clammy pawed doggie, I'm sure we could get by with less frequency.

I don't like to clean the house but I wouldn't want a "cleaning lady" to do it either.

photo IMG_0225_zps87d6c8a5.jpg
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    We don't have a schedule...we just do it when we can't stand it anymore...lol but the kitchen get done regularly and the bathrooms, but the rest of the house gets a "pick up" every now and then and then we clean clean when it's just driving us nuts... Vacuum regularly too, have to with two cats and a dog...litter every where and fur...but the house is messy most of the time...lol

P.S. I love that pic of Piper!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • I clean as needed. No schedule. It's pretty chaotic most of the time. Cat toys and tissue paper everywhere. Weights in the living room. Always doing dishes and they almost never all get put away before using them again. I'm toilet training my kitten too, so that part needs daily cleaning.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    I'd like to see a video of kitty toilet training ^^^^^

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Every Thursday.
    ELITIST FUK
  • imalive said:

She doesn't like to be filmed on the can, lol.

It's pretty simple, really. 3 stages. Each stage the littler pan gets smaller and smaller, until she doesn't use litter anymore. I use flushable kitty litter, so it's safe to go down the toilet. She's currently on stage 2. I'm hoping to have her trained by the end of May.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

imalive said:

She doesn't like to be filmed on the can, lol.

It's pretty simple, really. 3 stages. Each stage the littler pan gets smaller and smaller, until she doesn't use litter anymore. I use flushable kitty litter, so it's safe to go down the toilet. She's currently on stage 2. I'm hoping to have her trained by the end of May.
    I wish we'd done this with ours.

Speaking of cats/dogs, my god - the fur! We'd have to clean so much less if not for that, but dammit, it's worth it.

I can't do much of the heavy cleaning so my husband handles that. I'd love to hire a service once every month or two but I feel weird about it.

But yeah, aside from the minor daily stuff, it's pretty much a weekend thing here.

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    I despise cleaning. I have so many other things to do. That's why I have kids. ;-) Assign each a task and before you know it the house is livable again. I can't stand dusting though and kids grumble really loudly on that one so the dust tends to get a bit thick at times
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2

I despise cleaning. I have so many other things to do. That's why I have kids. ;-) Assign each a task and before you know it the house is livable again. I can't stand dusting though and kids grumble really loudly on that one so the dust tends to get a bit thick at times

Kids.....kind of like alcohol....the problem AND the solution. :smiley:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    imalive said:

Kids.....kind of like alcohol....the problem AND the solution. :smiley:
    Haha! Yeah they definitely give me headaches at times
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

haha, yeah my daughter's punishment is always cleaning the house....and she has to actually clean the kitchen regularly...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Cleaning....bbooooooooo. Do we have a smiley that flies the bird?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Okay. Um, hello puppy doggin! I'm not really a dog girl (I've been chomped on too many times) but that dog is just beautiful. :scratches to the puppy forehead:

Thursday for the bigger cleaning. Friday as a slosh day. Basic maintenance during the week. My husband cleans the bathroom on Monday because he bitched at me too many times about the caulk peeling away from the shower surround. I couldn't take it anymore and told him that I was no longer cleaning it. I would flip jobs with him but that I officially quit. I now do the dishes which he used to do. My nerves couldn't take the caulk talk anymore. Turns out, it peels for him, too.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    dishes are my mortal enemy.

Dishes, the dentist, and haircuts. Crap I really am an adult child. :fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • FoxyRedLa said:

Cleaning....bbooooooooo. Do we have a smiley that flies the bird?

No Imagine the bans we'd have with that emoji!! Speaking of which.. Why the FUCK won't any of ya'll's software support emojis?!?!?!? Sometimes I just want to answer with the happy little shit emoji.. But it reports blank.. We should be able to post happyittle shits if we want! Lol just my two cents..
  • P.S. Why the fuck is the poop smiling anyhow??? Never got that! But it cracks me up every time I see it!
  • But!!! That IS how you can respond without actually typing! Soo instead of a . I just post an emoji, and get a blank post! ( you're welcome!)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    imalive said:

do you guys have a schedule for this?

we used to do it weekly but now we have a bi-weekly "cleaning day." it is usually friday or saturday. if I'm anticipating a saturday hangover, it's best to get it out of the way. if we didn't have a shedding, clammy pawed doggie, I'm sure we could get by with less frequency.

I don't like to clean the house but I wouldn't want a "cleaning lady" to do it either.

photo IMG_0225_zps87d6c8a5.jpg

What an adorable dog!

I swiffer my floor a lot because my cat sheds - like every other day - but otherwise I just wing it. Of course, preparation for any visitor will get me cleaning pretty thoroughly so it is good to have at least one visitor a week, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    my sweet lady & myself having a rest after dusting & vacuuming

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Oh god. Hoarders really weird me out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I guess because I am an elitist fuck I have a cleaning lady. Once a week or once every two weeks. She does the one thing I totally hate - changes the sheets/comforter. I'd clean a toilet in a heartbeat, get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor - but I hate changing sheets.

With a dog and two cats there is a lot of fur so we try to sweep as much as we can. And we make our kids do stuff too. Sunday is laundry day and I'm in charge of that. My husband is in charge of the litter box.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Changing the sheets on the bed usually takes me the whole day. Pull the mattress out, rest. Take the sheets half off, rest. Take the rest off, rest. My back and height make it a Herculean task.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • I am
    The Cleanibg lady in my house! I did this for 14 yrs, so no
    Matter where I live, I clean the house, because dust grosses me out! Lol! But with s cat and a dog in the house, I vacuum at least once a day.. But house cleaning day is Tuesday..
    Enkidu said:

I guess because I am an elitist fuck I have a cleaning lady. Once a week or once every two weeks. She does the one thing I totally hate - changes the sheets/comforter. I'd clean a toilet in a heartbeat, get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor - but I hate changing sheets.

With a dog and two cats there is a lot of fur so we try to sweep as much as we can. And we make our kids do stuff too. Sunday is laundry day and I'm in charge of that. My husband is in charge of the litter box.

I would imagine most of you elitist "Hollywood types" have someone else change your sheets.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ldent42 said:

Changing the sheets on the bed usually takes me the whole day. Pull the mattress out, rest. Take the sheets half off, rest. Take the rest off, rest. My back and height make it a Herculean task.

the whole day :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I 'clean as I go'...so let's say I'm making spaghetti, chop everything, get pot of water boiling. Dump everything I just chopped up in the pan (i make sauce from scratch). Dump pasta in water, as pasta is boiling, I wash the cutting board and knife, put veggies away, wipe down counters. By the time I'm done washing, pasta and sauce are done. Tah-dah. Eat, and I wash the dishes after I eat.

I don't have a dishwasher. Can't afford a cleaning lady, besides, that's weird to have someone come to my house to do that...I make the mess I clean it up. Can't stand when people mindlessly leave stuff (wrappers, tissue, etc) laying around, I have a trash can in every room for that reason.
    Though, I do have books, magazines, etc here and there, I don't have an immaculate house. Swiffer and vacuum as needed.
    (i have found that most people in my neighborhood do have a cleaning person).

P.S. I hate sharing a bathroom with a boy.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

But with s cat and a dog in the house, I vacuum at least once a day.. But house cleaning day is Tuesday..

when the sun hits the wood floors just right and highlights Piper's little piles of hair, I'll pull out the vacuum and do a little spot pickup....usually about every other day, depending on current shedding patterns.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

But with s cat and a dog in the house, I vacuum at least once a day.. But house cleaning day is Tuesday..

when the sun hits the wood floors just right and highlights Piper's little piles of hair, I'll pull out the vacuum and do a little spot pickup....usually about every other day, depending on current shedding patterns.
    I love my pets, but I can't stand pet hair or dust! Lol oxymoron I know.. But our house it CLEAN! Although the wood floor irritates the shit outta me!! Lol
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

imalive said:

I love my pets, but I can't stand pet hair or dust! Lol oxymoron I know.. But our house it CLEAN! Although the wood floor irritates the shit outta me!! Lol
    Carpet is so gross! When you pull up carpet and see all the dirt that is trapped under that and the pad, you will hate carpet. With hard floors, at least you can see the dirt and clean it up, with carpet you will never really know if it truly is clean.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY said:

imalive said:

Carpet is so gross! When you pull up carpet and see all the dirt that is trapped under that and the pad, you will hate carpet. With hard floors, at least you can see the dirt and clean it up, with carpet you will never really know if it truly is clean.
    Soooooooo with you on this.. But the hardwoods irritate me cause dust shows up so prominently! Errrgh! But I'd MUCH rather the hardwoods than carpet, for sure..