Options

Indiana Religious Liberties law....

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

No matter how the GOP try to spin this it still reaks of bigotry its fucking 2015 & they are living in 1956 and soon as they get a republican president we will be in a war against Iran ......

That is just silly.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/01/everybody-s-lost-their-goddamn-mind-over-religious-freedom.html
    Just like a republican spin spin spin it must feel good to be one ....
    Nope. I don't like the law. If you read through these posts and others you would know that. On another thread I argued a women shouldn't be allowed to wear a niqab at a Canadian citizenship oath and I was told by a lot of the angry people on here that I wasn't accepting of religious freedom. I just hate the faux outrage. People who believe in gay rights when it's convenient yet want to make peace with an Iranian theocracy that hangs gays on a daily basis.
  • Options
    Let's go back to 1956...um...I mean 1993

http://youtu.be/4YtyUXnBhXU

How will Hillary spin this?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    edited April 2015
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

Lol!
    I really mean God. The guy is a born again. All those politics aside, him and Laura thought that God had chosen them.

Sorry, but you really don't know the family then.
    Yes I do. They can be both what you're saying and what I'm saying - not sure why you don't think so. Hypocrisy isn't exactly ruled out in this scenario!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    BS44325 said:

No matter how the GOP try to spin this it still reaks of bigotry its fucking 2015 & they are living in 1956 and soon as they get a republican president we will be in a war against Iran ......

That is just silly.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/01/everybody-s-lost-their-goddamn-mind-over-religious-freedom.html
    I guess you didn't hear your boy Bohner I quote now " President Obama is anti war " look it up
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

That is just silly.

Nope. I don't like the law. If you read through these posts and others you would know that. On another thread I argued a women shouldn't be allowed to wear a niqab at a Canadian citizenship oath and I was told by a lot of the angry people on here that I wasn't accepting of religious freedom. I just hate the faux outrage. People who believe in gay rights when it's convenient yet want to make peace with an Iranian theocracy that hangs gays on a daily basis.
    Just in case you didn't know, this line of talk, along with playing soundbites of Clinton signing the Federal version are exactly what Limbaugh and Hannity are up to in this fracas.

Iran has nothing to do with this, nothing at all. The only reason Iran has been inserted into this issue is because it's the soup du jour in bash Obama land.
    Referencing Clinton is idiotic, as it has been shown that this Indiana law is substantially different from the Federal version in both content and intent.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

That is just silly.

Well doing anything that will keep Iran from progressing economically and cooperating with the West certainly isn't going to help gay Iranians. Isolating Iran would make things worse for them, not better. The only way for nations to progress socially (for gay rights, women's rights, religious freedom) is for them to be more involved and engaged internationally.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,896
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Pence didn't even have the balls to sign the new adjusted bill in public he did it in private what an ass , what a joke these homophobic Republicans really are ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

That is just silly.

Just in case you didn't know, this line of talk, along with playing soundbites of Clinton signing the Federal version are exactly what Limbaugh and Hannity are up to in this fracas.

Iran has nothing to do with this, nothing at all. The only reason Iran has been inserted into this issue is because it's the soup du jour in bash Obama land.
    Referencing Clinton is idiotic, as it has been shown that this Indiana law is substantially different from the Federal version in both content and intent.
    The only thing "substantially" different is the outrage. Must constantly be outraged.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

That is just silly.

The only thing "substantially" different is the outrage. Must constantly be outraged.
    You seriously don't think the inclusion of businesses instead of just individuals is substantial?
    You seriously don't think the inclusion of civil suits to which the government is not a party instead of just cases of government intrusion is substantial?

I don't know if you listen to Rush Limbaugh or not, but I do (know thy enemy) and you mirror his sentiments on this board almost verbatim.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

That is just silly.

You seriously don't think the inclusion of businesses instead of just individuals is substantial?
    You seriously don't think the inclusion of civil suits to which the government is not a party instead of just cases of government intrusion is substantial?

I don't know if you listen to Rush Limbaugh or not, but I do (know thy enemy) and you mirror his sentiments on this board almost verbatim.
    I don't get Rush in Canada. Plus I would assume he supports the law and I don't.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    BS44325 said:

I don't get Rush in Canada. Plus I would assume he supports the law and I don't.

Oh yes you do - just the better version =)

• Options
    hedonist said:

BS44325 said:

Oh yes you do - just the better version =)

Ha! Excellent Hedo!
  • Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    I don't think this whole Indiana debacle has anything to do with discrimination. A business cannot refuse services to someone simply because of their religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, race, etc... This all started from the bakery that didn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding. The baker wasn't comfortable with providing services for an event that conflicts with his/her religious or moral beliefs. So go to another bakery. Boycott them. They'll probably go out of business. What that law was about was to give the business owner the right to defend their actions in court and nothing else. It doesn't make it legal to discriminate against gay people.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    j1kotwic said:

I don't think this whole Indiana debacle has anything to do with discrimination. A business cannot refuse services to someone simply because of their religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, race, etc... This all started from the bakery that didn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding. The baker wasn't comfortable with providing services for an event that conflicts with his/her religious or moral beliefs. So go to another bakery. Boycott them. They'll probably go out of business. What that law was about was to give the business owner the right to defend their actions in court and nothing else. It doesn't make it legal to discriminate against gay people.

That's a cop out argument. It's still discrimination. I don't remember seeing anything in the bible about making a cake for a gay wedding.

You can word it however you want. The bottom line is that it's discrimination. And this law provides business's an Avenue to do it legally.
  • Options
    ^^ Agreed. The PC police run in both directions. Apparently now it's un-PC to accuse bigots of discrimination.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Will this bakery be boycotted too and similar demonstrations against it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

How about dem Apples....interesting stuff there
  • Options

Of course they won't be boycotted. People only care about what christian conservatives do.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

Of course they won't be boycotted. People only care about what christian conservatives do.
    It never even occured to me to compartmentalize these bigots actually. In couldn't care less what religion is dictating their bigotry.

I don't understand why people keep bringing up gay rights in the middle east when discussing this btw. This is happen in America, where the laws actually are supposed to protect equality for all.

The guy in that video is full of shit btw.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168

j1kotwic said:

That's a cop out argument. It's still discrimination. I don't remember seeing anything in the bible about making a cake for a gay wedding.

You can word it however you want. The bottom line is that it's discrimination. And this law provides business's an Avenue to do it legally.
    And you can word it however you want... Including saying you didn't see anything in the bible about gay wedding cakes.

It's not a cop out argument. It's not discrimination. Understand the law. This law in no way provides an avenue to discriminate. Discrimination is still illegal. So go ahead and pretend you are advocating for the rights of gay people. You are missing the point, in my opinion.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

It never even occured to me to compartmentalize these bigots actually. In couldn't care less what religion is dictating their bigotry.

I don't understand why people keep bringing up gay rights in the middle east when discussing this btw. This is happen in America, where the laws actually are supposed to protect equality for all.

Because that's BS's agenda. Blame everything on the fucken Muslims. Sun rises in the east sets in the west, blame the fucken Muslims. It's raining in jersey right now. Blame the fucken Muslims. You woke up with a headache, blame the Muslims. It's that time of month for some women, blame the fucken Muslims. Blah blah blah. Blame the fucken Muslims.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,896
    If all that were true why amend the law to include antidiscrimination language?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Because that's BS's agenda. Blame everything on the fucken Muslims. Sun rises in the east sets in the west, blame the fucken Muslims. It's raining in jersey right now. Blame the fucken Muslims. You woke up with a headache, blame the Muslims. It's that time of month for some women, blame the fucken Muslims. Blah blah blah. Blame the fucken Muslims.
    You have soiled yourself
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

I just see the LGTB going after the easier target of Christians. Why not target all the religions that do not agree with their way of life?

96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

I just see the LGTB going after the easier target of Christians. Why not target all the religions that do not agree with their way of life?

I think they do. But when there is an obvious main group who is most vocal about it, then that is naturally going to be who the LGBT are going to focus on most. In the US, that main vocal group is Christian.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,562
    edited April 2015

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Comments like that make me wish that Prince of Dorkness still frequented these forums.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

You have soiled yourself
    Must be some lame ass Canadian joke. I soiled myself? Nah, not me, not my kind of fetish. Seems to be on your mind. And you also have shit in your screen name (bs). But I know, let's blame the Muslims.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Comments like that make me wish that Prince of Dorkness still frequented these forums.
    How So?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    j1kotwic said:

j1kotwic said:

And you can word it however you want... Including saying you didn't see anything in the bible about gay wedding cakes.

It's not a cop out argument. It's not discrimination. Understand the law. This law in no way provides an avenue to discriminate. Discrimination is still illegal. So go ahead and pretend you are advocating for the rights of gay people. You are missing the point, in my opinion.

Except you are wrong. Discrimination against sexual orientation is not illegal in Indiana. It provides an avenue to discriminate in protecting against civil suits based on discrimination.
    So if it isn't against the law, and you can't be sued for it...sounds like an avenue to me!