Options

Fellow fan in need / Raffle scheduled

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Wish we could snag one of those below face value Vedder/Townsend concert tickets to throw in the raffle.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Wish we could snag one of those below face value Vedder/Townsend concert tickets to throw in the raffle.

Or someone can donate one
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Oh man, I'd love to have it, but more than ok with not winning a damn thing!! Seriously, seeing these guys get the money they need is where I'm at.

Right?? I'm hoping to get them up to 4-5 k!! That would help a lot!! Trust me! I'm STILL paying on my set of surgeries from 20 years ago!!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Or someone can donate one
    Right??? Anyone?? Anyone??
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be a tax donation write off for anyone that donates a ticket to the show? Someone here has to know about this shit. Would be super cool.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Wouldn't it be a tax donation write off for anyone that donates a ticket to the show? Someone here has to know about this shit. Would be super cool.

elwayvedder might know the answer to that.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    If donated, and the fund receiving the donations can provide a tax receipt then yes it is Able to be written off, as a taxable donation. So, @elliot rosewater , you need to get ahold of your tax Agentif you use one, or any H&R block can help you find these things and get a taxable donation recept!! Then whomever donates the ticket etc, can get their tax write off! ;-)
  • Options
    See my having owned and run a rescue was good for something other than saving cute pets!! And I may be wrong on this part, but once we had a raffle to raise money for the rescue, and a local radio station donated tix to the annual Rockfest concert as a bolster.. And THEY had to file for a donation slip, in order for them to get their write off. But I don't know how that applies on a personal level versus a corporate level??
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    I always seem to be late to the party, but I'm in!
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

I always seem to be late to the party, but I'm in!

Yay!!
  • Options
    Thanks, Hobbes!
  • Options
    Did that tag you in that post Elliott?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,510
    badbrains said:

Ok, I know the suspense is killing some of you so I'll disclose what this prize is. I have something just as good to donate if I don't find it. Couple years ago the foo fighters did a broadcast on live in letterman studios, where they played their entire new album dressed as the Beatles did 50 years ago. Some of you know that my buddy plays in lettermans band and he always gets me into whatever I want. So I got in and sat 2nd row dead center. You could actually see me if you watch the broadcast lol. Anyways, after the show was done, I was personally handed Taylor's drum stick and actual set list from the stage. I believe it was pat smears set list. So seeing 2-feign being so generous with his vedder set list, I figured what the fuck, why not add this set list to the raffle. I'm sure there are some foo fans who'd want this as well. So I'm offering up my stage set list from the broadcast. And if I don't find it, I'll throw in Taylor's drum stick. This was a one of a kind show so I'd like to think this set list is pretty fucken cool. I don't know how to post pics so I'll email the pics to someone who can post as soon as I get home and find it. Hope this is worth delaying the raffle a week. If not, fuck you guys hahaha

badbrains' IT Dept (me) was enlisted to post the picture of the setlist. badbrains, apparently, is not "tech savvy."

photo image1_zpsdr7pny2v.jpeg

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

I don't think so. But I did read it. I'll have to look into it. Trying to wrap some shit up at work today. It's an extraordinarily busy day, and I know nothing about tax write-offs. I was under the impression that the donation would have to be to a nonprofit. Not sure it applies if donating to an individual.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    imalive said:

badbrains said:

Ok, I know the suspense is killing some of you so I'll disclose what this prize is. I have something just as good to donate if I don't find it. Couple years ago the foo fighters did a broadcast on live in letterman studios, where they played their entire new album dressed as the Beatles did 50 years ago. Some of you know that my buddy plays in lettermans band and he always gets me into whatever I want. So I got in and sat 2nd row dead center. You could actually see me if you watch the broadcast lol. Anyways, after the show was done, I was personally handed Taylor's drum stick and actual set list from the stage. I believe it was pat smears set list. So seeing 2-feign being so generous with his vedder set list, I figured what the fuck, why not add this set list to the raffle. I'm sure there are some foo fans who'd want this as well. So I'm offering up my stage set list from the broadcast. And if I don't find it, I'll throw in Taylor's drum stick. This was a one of a kind show so I'd like to think this set list is pretty fucken cool. I don't know how to post pics so I'll email the pics to someone who can post as soon as I get home and find it. Hope this is worth delaying the raffle a week. If not, fuck you guys hahaha

badbrains' IT Dept (me) was enlisted to post the picture of the setlist. badbrains, apparently, is not "tech savvy."

Very nice.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612

I don't think so. But I did read it. I'll have to look into it. Trying to wrap some shit up at work today. It's an extraordinarily busy day, and I know nothing about tax write-offs. I was under the impression that the donation would have to be to a nonprofit. Not sure it applies if donating to an individual.
    That's what I would have thought too. For tax purposes, I believe it has to be a donation to a registered charity.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    imalive said:

badbrains said:

Thanks Rob, asshole
  • Options
    Watching that Foos show on YouTube. So awesome!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Watching that Foos show on YouTube. So awesome!

Can you spot BB in the crowd?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I'm wearing my brown San Diego show shirt
  • Options
    Shit, I watched the first 15 mins and forgot it was broadcasted black and white. U can see me at the 9:40 mark. And u can see the setlist clearly on the stage too. Pretty Fucken cool video:

http://youtu.be/q4PhLzD_y84
  • Options
    ImEddieVedder just donated a ton of cool shit for the raffle. Check this out:

2009 Tour Shirt Calgary 3xl

Hawaii 78' 7 inch

4 Blu Ray Bundle
    -10-17-2014 Moline
    -10-20-2014 Milwaukee
    -11-23-2013 Los Angeles
    -11-24-2013 Los Angeles

2 Magazine bundle
    -Deep 10 Magazine
    -2012 EV Sniper Magazine

5 CD bundle
    -Tres Mts CD
    -Man Of The Hour CD
    -Rockfords Waiting CD
    -Harrybu McCage CD
    -Brad Welcome To Discovery Park CD
  • Options

Hawaii 78' 7 inch

4 Blu Ray Bundle
    -10-17-2014 Moline
    -10-20-2014 Milwaukee
    -11-23-2013 Los Angeles
    -11-24-2013 Los Angeles

2 Magazine bundle
    -Deep 10 Magazine
    -2012 EV Sniper Magazine

5 CD bundle
    -Tres Mts CD
    -Man Of The Hour CD
    -Rockfords Waiting CD
    -Harrybu McCage CD

Boom!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Hawaii 78' 7 inch

4 Blu Ray Bundle
    -10-17-2014 Moline
    -10-20-2014 Milwaukee
    -11-23-2013 Los Angeles
    -11-24-2013 Los Angeles

2 Magazine bundle
    -Deep 10 Magazine
    -2012 EV Sniper Magazine

5 CD bundle
    -Tres Mts CD
    -Man Of The Hour CD
    -Rockfords Waiting CD
    -Harrybu McCage CD

Whoa!! That is awesome! Great people in this community.

ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Shit, I watched the first 15 mins and forgot it was broadcasted black and white. U can see me at the 9:40 mark. And u can see the setlist clearly on the stage too. Pretty Fucken cool video:

http://youtu.be/q4PhLzD_y84

Thank you for posting this, BB.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Had no idea they played their new record in its entirety. Very cool!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Bump :bee:
  • Options
    Bumping
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    About 3-4 months ago I bought a Merkinball CD as I thought I lost mine. Well, I just found it over the weekend, so now I have two. I'd be more than happy to donate one.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That's what I would have thought too. For tax purposes, I believe it has to be a donation to a registered charity.
    Ok that makes sense. We were a registered 501c rescue and we wrote out receipts all the time.