Options

What the hell happened in Wisconsin?

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

Unrelated observation.I saw a heartwarming clip of a white officer in Louisville KY, come to the aid of a Black woman who was running in a marathon after loosing 225 lbs the year prior.
    The woman had a goal to run and finish this race.She was with her young son.She gave it a good go but her body started to quit on her in the the tail end.She was ready to quit when this white cop who she calls her Angel,saw her giving it her all but no way to finish ,so he dropped his stuff ran to her,put her arm around her and said he would help her finish.And they did.He held her up and encouraged her until the finish line.True class and that is the spirit of what's right.

http://www.brobible.com/life/article/cop-helps-woman-cross-finish-line-marathon/

Click on link just look at the picture.You See BSL it's not all broken and cops aren't the evil gastapo you imply.

I saw that as well. They were interviewed on CNN. A little cheesy, but a good deed.
    Who doesn't love these stories! They are truly wonderful and inspiring. But I have to say this too (I'm sorry, I can't help it, but this question does come to mind) I also sometimes get the feeling that these stories are used to sugar coat things. I really want to be wrong about that. And really, isn't the truth somewhere between all evil gestapo and warm and fuzzy? And toward which end of this spectrum are we moving?

VERY well said Brian, a balanced view of how things really are and not dismissing what we don't want to hear.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    BSL,I'd love it if you shared a little about yourself as I think it may help shed some light on why you take the stances you take
    .Im not trying to pry or am talking about personal info.But I'm assuming your young,Unmarried,no kids,maybe still live in moms basement?Bounce between jobs?Whats your situation.
    I ask because I think life experience shapes our views. Yours seem very "non trusting" of authorities,angry at others and Basically are oblivious to what others are saying.I mean do you really think those of us who understand a shooting while someone is trying to take a cops weapon is justifiable makes us pro death? Pro racial overtones?Pro murder? Of course not.We care enough to debate it on a fucking rock bands fan site.Thats more engaged then most the population.

You do realize that although not everyone agrees on every issue there is a great amount of mutual respect amongst the posters on this thread.I can be disagreeing with Gambs on this issues and goofing around with him about breast milk(lol) on another.Same with Brian.No one is "jumping" on anyone.Just a beautiful free flow of thoughts and ideas.Yours being as respected as others and equally as valuable to the conversation.But don't think for a minute that supporting a certain pro law enforcement stance means we won't call a spade a spade if it came to wrong doing on the officers behalf.You should try looking at the criminals actions in the same light and maybe you will understand where we are coming from.Life does not suck.Living in our democracy does not suck.See the big picture.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

You live a life not in reality of real issues and problems we face, but the denial of pretending the real world isn't there. That our fantasy worlds are real

hysterical. you have zero idea about any of us, nor what any of our lives are about or what we've gone through. this statment alone tells a LOT.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    bsl, one thing I've learned in this forum (and I've learned a LOT) is that your current style of discussion won't get you very far. you can act as if you are banging your head against the wall all you like, but if you continually refuse to read what others are saying and just remain in your clouded view of anger that everyone else is an idiot and that you are the only enlightened one, you won't have much success here.

I've been there. So has 30. And I learned from it. And so has he.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    There is a common theme in most of these police shootings. The criminal either did one of 2 things: 1) reach for the cops gun or 2) assaulted the police officer.

Shouldn't that be the focus?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

BSL,I'd love it if you shared a little about yourself as I think it may help shed some light on why you take the stances you take
    .Im not trying to pry or am talking about personal info.But I'm assuming your young,Unmarried,no kids,maybe still live in moms basement?Bounce between jobs?Whats your situation.
    I ask because I think life experience shapes our views. Yours seem very "non trusting" of authorities,angry at others and Basically are oblivious to what others are saying.I mean do you really think those of us who understand a shooting while someone is trying to take a cops weapon is justifiable makes us pro death? Pro racial overtones?Pro murder? Of course not.We care enough to debate it on a fucking rock bands fan site.Thats more engaged then most the population.

You do realize that although not everyone agrees on every issue there is a great amount of mutual respect amongst the posters on this thread.I can be disagreeing with Gambs on this issues and goofing around with him about breast milk(lol) on another.Same with Brian.No one is "jumping" on anyone.Just a beautiful free flow of thoughts and ideas.Yours being as respected as others and equally as valuable to the conversation.But don't think for a minute that supporting a certain pro law enforcement stance means we won't call a spade a spade if it came to wrong doing on the officers behalf.You should try looking at the criminals actions in the same light and maybe you will understand where we are coming from.Life does not suck.Living in our democracy does not suck.See the big picture.

Whoa...wait a minute...who's goofing around? I'm dead serious brah!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

rgambs said:

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

Unrelated observation.I saw a heartwarming clip of a white officer in Louisville KY, come to the aid of a Black woman who was running in a marathon after loosing 225 lbs the year prior.
    The woman had a goal to run and finish this race.She was with her young son.She gave it a good go but her body started to quit on her in the the tail end.She was ready to quit when this white cop who she calls her Angel,saw her giving it her all but no way to finish ,so he dropped his stuff ran to her,put her arm around her and said he would help her finish.And they did.He held her up and encouraged her until the finish line.True class and that is the spirit of what's right.

http://www.brobible.com/life/article/cop-helps-woman-cross-finish-line-marathon/

Click on link just look at the picture.You See BSL it's not all broken and cops aren't the evil gastapo you imply.

I saw that as well. They were interviewed on CNN. A little cheesy, but a good deed.
    Who doesn't love these stories! They are truly wonderful and inspiring. But I have to say this too (I'm sorry, I can't help it, but this question does come to mind) I also sometimes get the feeling that these stories are used to sugar coat things. I really want to be wrong about that. And really, isn't the truth somewhere between all evil gestapo and warm and fuzzy? And toward which end of this spectrum are we moving?

No Bri,the question is which way do You want to go? I choose to go toward warm and fuzzy.That glass half full shit dosent get us closer to moving the conversation in a positive way.

Ps- sorry you are dealing with those headaches.They are a fucking bitch.Quick healing hopefully for you.
    I actually do believe that the most realistic picture is the most positive. I personally feel like we have a chance to make positive changes when we see things from reality, from seeing things for what they are. I'm not afraid of the truth.

And I'm not saying those warm and fuzzy stories aren't sweet in their own right, but that's a side topic. That doesn't change anything about this thread's subject matter.

Maybe we do need a warm and fuzzy thread. A few here including myslef have tried to start positivity type threads in the past. None of them ever got anywhere near the attention all these gun/shooting/cop threads get.

Which begs the question- was my statement about obsession with death and killing so very far off base after all?

Hey thanks for empathy re. headaches. I'm getting good at toughing it out. :smile:

There were, and are, comments made that make me feel the same way Brian.
    For all of you who think I'm all gloom and doom, AGAIN, you're welcome to reread the entire thread. Tell me how many times I have said that all cops aren't bad. But I'll say it one more time. You only read what you want to read, you want to see me as the devil and that's all you see. You live a life not in reality of real issues and problems we face, but the denial of pretending the real world isn't there. That our fantasy worlds are real. Reading only warm and fuzzy police stories keep you in your cocoon, how sweet. Good luck all with that mind frame. You are a delusional group, aside from Brian and Rgambs and anyone else seeing this problem for what it is.

And I fully support Brian's obsession statement. The only reason you guys took it so poorly, is because there is an air of truth in it, and it comes from a friend. So what do you do? Jump on the poor guy. I guess it tells me that you just can't bear the heart of the problem (which is apparent throughout the entire thread). That killing a man, woman, child, is an acceptable and justified punishment by cops. That racism and the police isn't a major problem. You all back it up without fully coming out and admitting it. And Brian just happened to hit the nail on the head causing chaos.

I am done here, it's not a fair and open minded debating place. Good luck everyone.

Peace.
    LOL.

Man... I wish we could all be awesome like you.

* And you're done here? Really? Yah right. If you are, does this mean you'll go have your tantrums in another thread about the police?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Whoa...wait a minute...who's goofing around? I'm dead serious brah!
    Brah......love it!!!
    You got built in accessibility.Im stuck soliciting my product from pregnant immigrant women.Not fair at all.I could end up with a tainted batch.
  • Options

There is a common theme in most of these police shootings. The criminal either did one of 2 things: 1) reach for the cops gun or 2) assaulted the police officer.

Shouldn't that be the focus?

Yes,yes,yes and fucking A yes