The Global Citizen Festival 2015

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    deadendp said:

DerbyDave and jlaustin's view. 5th pen. They waited for about an hour to get in. DD said that the line was 15 blocks long.
    photo F05oVwwGqAlDgOeZGNHLtk3gGregBLC3KkPRPc44F4ALAYspN_zpsakzwc79i.jpeg

Nice looks like beautiful weather. I'm tuning in soon.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Ok, just finished watching football, where are we at in this thing?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    mattcoz said:

Ok, just finished watching football, where are we at in this thing?

Beyonce just started 6 minutes ago. A delay of 15 minutes because of an extended set by Ed Sheerman. *twisted evil
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    looks like the majority of the crowd is there for Beyonce. I hope they at least stay or it will be really sad.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • It will be a shift. Beyoncé fans move back pj ones go forward. I saw a ton of PJ fans. Beyoncé sucks
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I don't like her music (besides that put a ring on it song, obviously, lol!), but Beyoncé is talented. She doesn't suck, she's just not for everyone.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    With Sheeran joining Beyonce on stage, maybe Beyonce will join our boys on stage. Hmm, what song could she do?
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't like her music (besides that put a ring on it song, obviously, lol!), but Beyoncé is talented. She doesn't suck, she's just not for everyone.

No she sucks. So does Sheeran. Time for PJ to get on stage to show them what real music is.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:

PJ_Soul said:

No she sucks. So does Sheeran. Time for PJ to get on stage to show them what real music is.
    So thankful I have my own mind :smiley:
  • KC138045 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hahaha, feel free to post a youtube video of you rocking out to anything original. Maybe you could show them all what "real" music is...
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    mattcoz said:

With Sheeran joining Beyonce on stage, maybe Beyonce will join our boys on stage. Hmm, what song could she do?

Daughter maybe? They could do some awesome tags with Coldplay, Sheeran, and Beyonce.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    SB51327 said:

It will be a shift. Beyoncé fans move back pj ones go forward. I saw a ton of PJ fans. Beyoncé sucks

What I heard was once you are in a pen, that's where you stay. No shifting.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Ok, gotta say I didn't expect a Doors cover.
    mattcoz said:

Kids are running and playing and screaming here. Missed it. I'll have to check it out.

KC138045 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hahaha, feel free to post a youtube video of you rocking out to anything original. Maybe you could show them all what "real" music is...
    She has an incredible voice but all she is doing is dancing infront of a light show with recordings playing. If you enjoy that fine. And the real music I was referring to is Pearl Jam.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    FoxyRedLa said:

mattcoz said:

Kids are running and playing and screaming here. Missed it. I'll have to check it out.
    It was short, a little bit of 5 to 1, then went into one of her songs. Hmm, 5 to 1, 5 against 1, Beyonce to join for Animal confirmed!
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited September 2015
    KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

PJ_Soul said:

She has an incredible voice but all she is doing is dancing infront of a light show with recordings playing. If you enjoy that fine. And the real music I was referring to is Pearl Jam.
    I am watching it via you tube.
    She doesn't suck
    She is good at what she does.
    But as an opening band for Pearl Jam yes she sucks.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAPukIWbYU0#t=6338
    PJ fans that have to piss are irritated now I bet having listen to this shit.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • I had to turn off her set. My eyes were going buggy from the light show. I think I'm getting old.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Yes Beyoncè can sing but the music still is f... bad... it's hard to take.. man.
    Looks like she will get on stage with PJ. I hope not...
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    mattcoz said:

She could do Chris Cornell's part in Hunger Strike. Her voice would be perfect for it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY said:

mattcoz said:

She could do Chris Cornell's part in Hunger Strike. Her voice would be perfect for it.
    That would be fun
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • I'm not gonna say she sucks, but it is very strange that people think she is some extreme talent. I'd say at least 10 minutes have been costume changes and the fact she doesn't sing the chorus of her own songs!
    looking to hear of the earth
  • KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I got what you were saying. I was just goofing around. I don't dig those two either but it's hard for me to say they suck. Now if I got up on stage and sang one of the couple songs I have written, it would surely suck.
  • I'm not gonna say she sucks, but it is very strange that people think she is some extreme talent. I'd say at least 10 minutes have been costume changes and the fact she doesn't sing the chorus of her own songs!

but those were really extremely talented costume changes.
    She almost said global warming, heh.
  • Get ready for Bono on rockin in the free world
    looking to hear of the earth
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    The woman who danced to the Maya Angelou poem was incredible.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    edited September 2015
    Yes, I enjoyed watching her, very talented indeed! Enjoy the show Nancy, wish I was there alongside ya'll!
    Post edited by OMGkatwoman on

KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I got what you were saying. I was just goofing around. I don't dig those two either but it's hard for me to say they suck. Now if I got up on stage and sang one of the couple songs I have written, it would surely suck.
    I'm sure I would enjoy your songs a lot more that the Beyoncé light show. That act belongs at Epcot.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018