The Global Citizen Festival 2015

Comments

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    nicknyr15 said:

Both lines end up in front of plaza hotel and curl into Central Park. Don't see any way how this takes less than 3 hours at this point.

Are we talking GA or VIP? Has VIP2 entrance been smoove?
    Yeah, please clarify.

Is this just for GA or for VIP as well.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Airplane bottles going to make it through in a boot?
  • Concert starts clock counting down: 25 mins. And a "calming scent" has wafted onstage at the broadcast desk. Reefer Madness in Central Park!!!!
  • KartsKarts Posts: 120
    GA ticket here, just hanging in my apt in the east village. Thinking of getting the 6 up around 6pm. Happy to be in a long line and miss Beyonce.
  • my2hands said:

I would love pics or vids of the line to get in

Just took some, can I upload from phone? Or has to be on the web.

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Been in line for 2 hours. Inside the park at about 77th street.

What the actual fuck with this line?

East side GA line
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • ldent42 said:

Been in line for 2 hours. Inside the park at about 77th street.

What the actual fuck with this line?

East side GA line

Seriously. I guess it was silly of me to assume it would be like Lolla entry. 3 hrs just to get? Wtf
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Vip2/3 line stretched back to 85th. Took about 25 minutes from back of line to spot on vip3. There's large tall soundboard in middle of field near front blocking off decent portion of right side (facing stage) of vip3 section which is kind of annoying.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • Vip2/3 line stretched back to 85th. Took about 25 minutes from back of line to spot on vip3. There's large tall soundboard in middle of field near front blocking off decent portion of right side (facing stage) of vip3 section which is kind of annoying.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • Ariana Grande LOOOOL. Is this Coldplay thing serious?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited September 2015
    Seeing it on TV, the VIP section looks a lot better than it did on the venue map. The angle isn't nearly as sharp as I thought it would be. That's good! But that sucks that the sound booth is in the way for some in VIP 3 as mentioned above. That's ridiculous. I'd be furious.

Would hate to be at the back, lol. Although I guess if the sound is good it wouod be a nice relaxing day just listening.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited September 2015

Ariana Grande LOOOOL. Is this Coldplay thing serious?

I like Coldplay. Why ya gotta hate? They're putting on a good show and obviously are really happy to be there.
    I don't know Ariana Grande's music, but I thought that was a nice song.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    edited September 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

I like Coldplay. Why ya gotta hate? They're putting on a good show and obviously are really happy to be there.
    I like them normally. But I don't rate Ariana Grande high. Chris was really cool though, all smiles. Good performance. Even did songs they didn't rehearse because that piano broke down. They really picked it up nicely and played more of my favorite songs. But that one song made me walk away when I heard ''Ariana Grande.'' Only makes easy hits etc. Would've liked another guest singer way better.
    Post edited by JustaPJFan on
  • Just looking through the merch for the festival. This package has a USB key chain with content from festival "artists". Does this refer to the musical artists or the art designers for the festival? Could have some PJ content on it.
    http://store.globalcitizen.org/collections/frontpage/products/global-citizen-action-pack

Only $28.00.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    After not getting tickets, part of me is hoping they'll put on a crappy show. But who am I kidding, they never put on a crappy show. That part of me is also laughing at those waiting hours in line. That part of me is kind of a dick.
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    Damn... Long break between acts... Hope for at least for a hour of pj but these breaks are disappointed
  • What time are pj due to start?
  • What time are pj due to start?

If you're in the UK, 2am
  • Watching this live, this one on right now just blew me away with the song he just did!
    edited September 2015

PJ_Soul said:

I like them normally. But I don't rate Ariana Grande high. Chris was really cool though, all smiles. Good performance. Even did songs they didn't rehearse because that piano broke down. They really picked it up nicely and played more of my favorite songs. But that one song made me walk away when I heard ''Ariana Grande.'' Only makes easy hits etc. Would've liked another guest singer way better.
    But she has a nice voice and the duet was pretty good. They didn't even do one of her own songs, did they? I thought it was some cover (not positive). I thought it was a nice enough ballad for the mood of the show.
    I don't know anything about Ariana Grande so have no opinion of her either way. You seem to know her stuff a lot better if you know that she only makes easy hits. She seems to be very popular though, so that's probably why they asked her to be a guest. Perhaps she's also well-liked in the industry too. I read somewhere that she's reliable and hardworking.
  • Despite all the stress of getting in, I'm sure the whole experience will be well worth it. Be safe and have fun all!

I'll be watching from the comfort of Chicagoland.
  • ^Ditto!
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    edited September 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

But she has a nice voice and the duet was pretty good. They didn't even do one of her own songs, did they? I thought it was some cover (not positive). I thought it was a nice enough ballad for the mood of the show.
    I don't know anything about Ariana Grande so have no opinion of her either way. You seem to know her stuff a lot better if you know that she only makes easy hits. She seems to be very popular though, so that's probably why they asked her to be a guest. Perhaps she's also well-liked in the industry too. I read somewhere that she's reliable and hardworking.
    Chris said he wanted to mix genres and he asked his kids who would be the person they wanted him to perform with - Arianna Grande is extremely popular with tweens, teens, young adults and she actually can sing. I thought it was a lovely song. Not going to buy her record, but she has talent. Remember that this is a festival about being a global citizen - the world coming together to do good. Pearl Jam is headlining and that's awesome, but the festival's message is in line with the Pope's - less division and more inclusion. And the speakers in between are talking about what the festival is all about. Remember Peace, Love and at the end they'll be Pearl Jam. Just sayin' - embrace the day and its meaning, that's why Pearl Jam is there.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,877
    demetrios said:
    Nice, so this is a current live stream? So I can watch PJ's set from my couch?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Watching this live, this one on right now just blew me away with the song he just did!

Ed Sheeran - another big hit with the younger crowd. He has a Van Morrison, John Mayer kind of vibe to him - I liked him. He's the one that got the tattoo of Cleo the LIon on his chest after he was killed. Impulsive move, but a nice thought (has to live with that forever though). Girls go crazy over him. Ed signs in the crowd were for him, not Eddie, like I obviously assumed.
    a5pj said:

demetrios said:
    Nice, so this is a current live stream? So I can watch PJ's set from my couch?
    Live on MSNBC also with minimal commercials.
  • oysterjaroysterjar Posts: 1,235
    Did anyone have a start time for PJ?

Wind this thing up.

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    DerbyDave and jlaustin's view. 5th pen. They waited for about an hour to get in. DD said that the line was 15 blocks long.
    photo F05oVwwGqAlDgOeZGNHLtk3gGregBLC3KkPRPc44F4ALAYspN_zpsakzwc79i.jpeg
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    demetrios said:
    cool this is live wish i wasnt busy around the house this morning
    i would watch this