Options

bilateral knee replacements

Comments

• Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    If you have a plastic lawn-type chair and your shower space is big enough for it, you could try that while waiting. Any sturdy chair that won't get ruined if it is wet will work, so long as you are able to safely get up off of it. And if not, bed baths could be fun, if administered by the appropriate lady friend. :wink:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i am told the hip replacement healing is a vvalk in the park compared to the knee replacement healing. more than one therapist told me this. i'll be damned

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/tWKj2s7cKF8

dude might shoulda done his exercises. this is not vvhat my therapist is doing to me but i am having a bad time like this poor bastard. im no expert but i don't think this guy done his leg bends. vvait till his dr. put him under & vvrenches on his legs/knees breaking thru all that nevv scar tissue & healing tissue, muscle & titanium teddy bears & vvhatnot

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

If you have a plastic lawn-type chair and your shower space is big enough for it, you could try that while waiting. Any sturdy chair that won't get ruined if it is wet will work, so long as you are able to safely get up off of it. And if not, bed baths could be fun, if administered by the appropriate lady friend. :wink:

yeah i been bed bath guy as of late.

one thing i learned vvhile in the hospital & in the therapy center... nurses are some of the hardest vvorking folks knovvn to mankind. i mean i knevv nurses busted their butts but this experience here shoved me some unreal skilled, friendly, comedic & professional vvork ethic, just incredible really.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Well there are a few turds in the punchbowl, but for the most part, we are a good lot.
  • Options
    true that. there vvere a couple turds i had to deal vvith. they simply did not give a hoot & that as obvious. the good outshined the rest

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    plus as the saying goes, don't let a few turds spoil the whole punch.....

....keep drinking.......
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    well, hell....I shoulda been over here sooner to wish you well.

I had ONE knee worked on a few years back and my leg was BLACK from groin to knee. my physical therapist was a nazi in a previous life,
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    chadwick said:

yeah i been bed bath guy as of late.

one thing i learned vvhile in the hospital & in the therapy center... nurses are some of the hardest vvorking folks knovvn to mankind. i mean i knevv nurses busted their butts but this experience here shoved me some unreal skilled, friendly, comedic & professional vvork ethic, just incredible really.
    I must agree with you about those therapists who worked with me in strengthening my foot. I begged for more therapy sessions two more weeks but my 12 was enough. On my doctor visits I'd pop in to see how they were doing.....they even wanted to set me up with a date.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    http://youtu.be/pj5gvKJuVy4

Learned a lot on that video. My right knee certainly has the requirements for this kind of knee replacement surgery. I wonder how much such a surgery cost?

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    Dang! Looking at the vids- doesn't look like fun Chads! Scary thing is I'm fairly sure my knees will wear out because when I was a kid my brother and I kept trying to out-do each other with jumping off of things. That one time off the roof might not have been such a good idea. :confounded:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    g under p said:

http://youtu.be/pj5gvKJuVy4

Learned a lot on that video. My right knee certainly has the requirements for this kind of knee replacement surgery. I wonder how much such a surgery cost?

Peace

son of a bitch, dude! thanks for sharing this educational video. even this vid makes me squirm & squint my eyes a bit in my chair. but i think my knee caps/patellas are novv vvhat i heard called, 'space age plastic'. they sure as shit aint using the old ones. i'm pretty sure the artificial patella looks like a rectangular cube.

another thing as to vvhy i had severe pain after vvaking up, they couldn't hit the nerves vv/ nerve blocking injections. they hit one out of four & after a bit gave up.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    brianlux said:

Dang! Looking at the vids- doesn't look like fun Chads! Scary thing is I'm fairly sure my knees will wear out because when I was a kid my brother and I kept trying to out-do each other with jumping off of things. That one time off the roof might not have been such a good idea. :confounded:

go get checked out, lux. do your knees or knee ache like a real bastard, vvalk vv/ a cane, difficulty standing & vvalking vvhen out of bed, shooting pains dovvn the tibia, grinding, snapping, popping & unstable vvhen standing or vvalking? pain scale 1-10, 10 being vvorst.

yes i am dr. chadick orthopedic surgeon. i rebuilt my ovvn damn self
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I always wanted to meet a Diane...I missed her at a PJ show because her flight got messed up and the cell service in Milwaukee sucked.

Dianes are awesome.

Will those big bouncy exercise balls help you chad?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    :open_mouth::nuh_uh::giggle:
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    RKCNDY said:

I always wanted to meet a Diane...I missed her at a PJ show because her flight got messed up and the cell service in Milwaukee sucked.

Dianes are awesome.

hi lisa
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    rollings said:

RKCNDY said:

Dianes are awesome.

hi lisa
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    How are you feeling by now Mr. or is it Dr. :giggle: C?
  • Options
    im doing ok, could be worse i guess. not being able to sleep is probably my biggest complaint. it's been a real bastardt though. i never knew in my wildest dreams that total knee replacements were such a serious surgery as well as the physical therapy treatment. it has been 4 weeks & i have made huge strides in this difficult time.

"i don't think im man enough," he says
    https://youtu.be/swFByfCal8g

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sounds like you're viking through it, chadwick - bravo!

(and I see your "w" is back in svving?)
  • Options
    couple different computers is what that is, hedonist. this computer uses & adores all its keys/letters/numbers while the other dislikes the (VVvv) dubya key

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    Update?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Bump for chadwick's knees! Hope your mending is on the rise and the pain lessened.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    swollen like nobody's business, legs & feet are puffy/tight. this hurts & slows down my recovery. im not doing to bad but would like to be doing better. sleeping is nearly out of the question. my knees/legs are hard as a damn rock & very sensitive, just resting them on the mattress hurts, blankets on them get my attention & pillows under & between my knees lying on my side is a real trick & hurts at times

but the scars are looking good & like i've had a pretty traumatic event take place. suckers are lengthy
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    How are ya chad?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hi there, mickrat

doing better. things are still tender & achy & stuff. thanks for asking, mister

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    You getting some swimming in these days, chadwick?

I saw a headline recently about a doctor with a "simple fix" for knee pain and while not sure if it was quackery, I thought of you.
  • Options
    I hope Chad is continuing to get better, Swimming would certainly help those knees. I'm working way too much to swim or to take time to exercise. So now I ride to work both jobs, my WWII vet leaves for Boston in a week. I average about 25 miles a day. It helps to strenghthen my legs and keeps my reconstructed ankle loose.

Peace

• Options
    yeppers hedonist i been swimming. i feel good in the water & i hurt in the water. physical therapy at the hospital is really a must. i've come a long ways. it is unreal

nice job, g under p

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Hooray for physical therapy and for the return of the letter "w"!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1