Options

bilateral knee replacements

chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
anyone? yeah this is me february the 26th.
http://youtu.be/cvmwt4X4Eh0

for kicks i thought maybe you'd like to sign up for the beatings. hy not give 'er a go. i oke up after anesthesia (my first surgery as ell) (the dubya key is broke) & felt like i had been hit by a train. nurses ere quite concerned about my flopping about side to side moaning & groaning.

i alays do more than hat the physical therapist expect of me. today i alked (& i am proud of myself i can tell you that ith confidence) 250 feet up 190 - 200ft in a day. i guess tomorrow i'll have a 300 ft goal to get after. yes im using a alker & im being folloed by a heelchair & a pt beside me.

im in bed doing (CPMs) continuous passive motion. 60 degrees left leg & 50 degrees r. leg

good times
been nearly 6 days & i am fucking healed

not quite

intense pain sure is something to get into
dial in the butterfly & be in the flours
a deer or a salmon
rabbit or light
greasy hair broken guy in his kiss tshirt
just days ago that gal had brain surgery
right no she runs parallel bars like a dump trunk or rubik's cube
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited March 2015
    I never realized the lack of a "w" could make such a difference =)

Really sorry about your pain, chadwick, but if it's part of the healing, I only hope it doesn't last too long. Sounds like you've needed to do this for awhile now, so very happy you're on the road - hell, you're doing some walking on that road! - that's best for you.

*edit - I realized you were able to write TOMORROW :pensive:
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I wish you a fast recovery Chad...when will you be able to swim again? I'm sure that water therapy will be very beneficial for you as you are healing.

I bet you have some gnarly scars to show off...my aunt had knee surgery, she had a nice scar over her knee, lovely shade of purply maroon.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    i guess the dubya key orks hen it ants. this is gonna drive me bananas

tomorrow (seems that time the shed itself after tomorrow as spelt & only after i hit the space bar
    but it doesn't ork everytime either. i suppose a keyboard mechanic could help me out some, yes?

rkcndy: the lady in my life counts 34 staples up & don the length of each knee plus there are inner stitches e cannot see that'll biodegrade into the earth over the next fe eeks. i'll get the run don on all the neat fun fact & report back to y'all

oh yeah - my dr. here at the physical/occupational therapy cntr says the incisions are looking just beautiful, healthy up pink & nice.

had my first for real shoer yesterday. arm ater & lovin it just sitting there. had to have a little help of course. speaking of having a little help - iping one's self ............................ son of a bitch embarrassment just a little bit. i tell 'em, "i hope you're gettin paid"

be ell you to
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Get well soon!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    May you be pain free and with a "w" soon! =)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Hey Chad! It's tough right now but it'll be better soon. You'll be so glad you did this. From what I've read you've been suffering a long time. Now you'll be able to move maybe even pain free!(eventually). Good for you for doing them both at the same time. Keep walking and take your meds BEFORE the PT shows up. Keep practicing standing while only holding on to the grab bar with one hand. That will help with the wiping problem. Make your aide hold the walker down firm so you can lean on it without it tipping over... Then you can safely lean on it with one arm while wiping. That's a tough one. Hang in there! It's awesome that you are getting those distances already! I'd love to help if you have any questions/apprehensions about transitioning to home and being able to function.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    hedonist said:

Really sorry about your pain, chadwick, but if it's part of the healing, I only hope it doesn't last too long. Sounds like you've needed to do this for awhile now, so very happy you're on the road - hell, you're doing some walking on that road! - that's best for you.

*edit - I realized you were able to write TOMORROW :pensive:

looks like a different font?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    hedonist said:

:rofl:
    I agree with shetellsherself, Chad. Good for you for getting it done -- you truly have suffered long enough. The pool will probably help tremendously once your incisions have healed. And don't worry about the help in the wiping department. Yep they're getting paid, and seriously, once you've seen one ass, you've seen them all. I've wiped too many to count and it is all just one big backside blur. :giggle:
    I wish you a speedy recovery.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Did you get a used keyboard from the White House (hite house?) that the outgoing Clinton clan prepped for Baby Bush in a yard sale?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    hey speddy recovery what kind of implants they they use , Biomet , Stryker ,zimmer
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Did you get a used keyboard from the White House (hite house?) that the outgoing Clinton clan prepped for Baby Bush in a yard sale?

its a funky little system that for sure. smells like cabbage & the measles

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    chadwick said:

Poncier said:

is it a Dora the explorer computer? Like to match your TV? yes/no?
    I hope you still have that TV...Dora..
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited March 2015

hey speddy recovery what kind of implants they they use , Biomet , Stryker ,zimmer

thanks, jose. i'll find out & i'll be the first to let you knovv. vvhat kinda knees do y recommend & hich knees are junk?

http://youtu.be/kJP8TZpFRjo

idiot. add one hundred years & one hundred pounds
    novv french kiss this gator snapper's backside

http://youtu.be/WT2eLretCWE

my favorite turtles of all time
    balls out the true badass of badassses

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

chadwick said:

Poncier said:

that as avvesome. nope my old landlord took the thing back, leaving me f'ed

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    chadwick said:

RKCNDY said:

chadwick said:

Poncier said:

that as avvesome. nope my old landlord took the thing back, leaving me f'ed
    Very creative replacement of the w! :)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Hey Chadwick I wish for you all the best, a quick recovery and the best physical therapy. Let me understand something did you have surgery on BOTH knees or just one?

I just recovered for foot/ankle reconstruction surgery it's taken 5 months before I returned to work. It will take a year for me to reach near %100, I'm in my 8th month now.

I want to follow your recovery because in the next year or two I also will need a knee replacement on my worn out right knee. Which is just getting worse every day, way too much sports in my younger days....paying for it now. That's how it goes, stay well and be well Chad.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I love that you're using two v's, chadwick. I also dig how in the French language, W is literally called that - "double v".

(and speaking of "dv", I just had a strong sense of deja vu writing this)

If I can help with natural supplements you can't get where you are... :whistle: ... say the word!
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2015
    pm me if anybody ants to see some gruesome frankenstein staple i mean stichery graphic pictures of this :whistle:
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    both knees. a double total knee replacement. it's a painful son of a bitch. you need 24 hrs care around the clock. after each day that goes by you'll be able to do more for yourself. if this vvorld (thanks mickrat for the vv) did not have powerful drugs vve vvould be in deep trouble. go vvatch that video i posted, find others & vvatch & vvatch folks vvho have put their stories up on youtube & read about the topic. it is all on you because if you don't do as much as you can therapy vvise, you'll jam yourself up 6 vvays from sunday. today marks one vveek since i vvas in the operating room.

the lady of the house has these gnarly pictures vve're trying to figure out hovv to upload. ask her to see 'em. to bad she didn't get my coming out of anesthesia recorded on her gadget, that vvas a damn miracle just fulla torturous after effects that eventually (from hat im told) became pure comedy

bilateral - having or relating to two sides; affecting both sides.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    So your name is john?
  • Options
    john
    yep that's me
    im a toilet

any of y'all still call the batroom/toilet "the john"

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    vvalked stairs yesterday. one set of stairs has the steps set at 4inches high vvhilst the other set are a vvhopping 6 inches tall. i hear cheetos make a jalapeno flavored cheeto. cornbeef, rhy, reuben, svviss cheese

son of a

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    refill request: cinnamon disk hard candy, oranges, bananas & china doll

http://youtu.be/2oy_zZBMf9Q

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    How you doing Chadwick?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    chadwick said:

both knees. a double total knee replacement. it's a painful son of a bitch. you need 24 hrs care around the clock. after each day that goes by you'll be able to do more for yourself. if this vvorld (thanks mickrat for the vv) did not have powerful drugs vve vvould be in deep trouble. go vvatch that video i posted, find others & vvatch & vvatch folks vvho have put their stories up on youtube & read about the topic. it is all on you because if you don't do as much as you can therapy vvise, you'll jam yourself up 6 vvays from sunday. today marks one vveek since i vvas in the operating room.

the lady of the house has these gnarly pictures vve're trying to figure out hovv to upload. ask her to see 'em. to bad she didn't get my coming out of anesthesia recorded on her gadget, that vvas a damn miracle just fulla torturous after effects that eventually (from hat im told) became pure comedy

bilateral - having or relating to two sides; affecting both sides.

Thank you Chad, I started TODAY working on getting back in shape. I did ten miles on my bicycle with nothing in particular I tried to work on.

My birthday is on Tuesday (Double 5's) my next ride I'll work speed to get the heart rate up. Had to stop once I felt cramps starting up, it felt good to get into do something here in Florida. Not too hot 70 degrees with overcast riding past horses being prepped for International Polo matches here in Wellington, Florida. Have you ever been to a Polo match? It's the first sport I've ever been to where they give YOU alcohol (champagne the good stuff) FOR FREE. You must earn it though at halftime you go out on the field and replace the divets, they drive out unto the field in pick up trucks with cases and cases of champagne.

Keep up with the exercises Chad you will benefit from them in the end.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

How you doing Chadwick?

tough sucker here & i am being challenged vvith seriousness & vvith insane amounts of pain, all sorta of different pains: dull, sharp,shooting dovvn my tibia, it's just fucking nuts over here. been 11 days or so since the surgery (the 26th). i'm getting better & stronger everyday.

from vvhat i gather very fevv ppl elect to have both knees done at the same time. in fact i guess most doctors don't even vvanna fuck around vvith bilateral knee job. i said yes because my surgeon is beyond confident as in he oozes the crap for others to scoop up & use. plus he said i am young, healthy & can handle the difficult ass bullshit that comes vvith it like a champ

i vvanna have him over for a bbq. hen i see him vvednesday, to remove staples, he's getting a hug

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    g under p,
    vvovv man that sound pretty much like a buzz don there on the polo fields. nope i've never savv a polo game. those horse are high dollar i bet, it amazes me the amounts of dollars in horse racing. high fucking dollar horses.

mabe i'll ge me a bike this summer. svvimming & biking should help me out nicely.
    did you ride today? happy birthday mr. g under p. you made it further than my dad, he checked out at 52 / a massive heart attack. im 42.in 10 yrs i plan on being alive & vvell

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    yeah im in physical & occupational therapy. a separate building of the hospital. nearly everyone is competent, a fevv are bullshit nurses or nurse's aids or vvhat have you. all therapists are very good at their job.

this is a 2 vveek ordeal.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    72 is a great vintage chadwick! ;)