Options

bilateral knee replacements

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    chadwick said:

g under p,
    vvovv man that sound pretty much like a buzz don there on the polo fields. nope i've never savv a polo game. those horse are high dollar i bet, it amazes me the amounts of dollars in horse racing. high fucking dollar horses.

mabe i'll ge me a bike this summer. svvimming & biking should help me out nicely.
    did you ride today? happy birthday mr. g under p. you made it further than my dad, he checked out at 52 / a massive heart attack. im 42.in 10 yrs i plan on being alive & vvell

Yes those horses are extremely expensive, anywhere from 100k-300k. Many are brought here from South America and elsewhere around the world. The polo season ends next month with a grand finally match where stars are brought in for one super party.

Omg I'm so sad to hear your father passed away at 52. That kind of early mortality hasn't even crossed my mind. Only constant aches and pains that's starting to make me walk funny.

I'm currently nursing a 90 year old WWII veteran. He's from Boston like me and does tells me a few stories from the war. He was 19 when he fought in Germany and France he tells me "I fought haard everyday for four years". Even liberated a concentration camp, went unto Brown University on the GI Bill graduated MCL. Then became wealthy in the shoe business. The sweetest guy who wants to live to 100, he'll make it with exercise even though he's had altzhiemer for 10 years now. I hope I can make it that far.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i love your VVVVII guy. he's a trooper for sure. those guys slept on the ground after fighting days & nights at a time. i hope he lives to see a lot more goodness out of more miracles.

so you're a nurse?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

i love your VVVVII guy. he's a trooper for sure. those guys slept on the ground after fighting days & nights at a time. i hope he lives to see a lot more goodness out of more miracles.

so you're a nurse?

Yeah, I have him until June when they go back to Boston then comeback in October-November. I hope to get him strong enough to go out at night. I wanted to take him with me to a Red Sox spring Training game today against the Cardinals but he's not ready for all that it entails. Hopefully on the 24th when the Sox come back against the Marlins.

I'll tell him about the game and I'm going to try and get him into painting. He has an oceanfront penthouse, it's so awesome when I come in in the mornings and what seems like the entire Atlantic Ocean is in front of me. It's a view that should be painted, or at least an attempt to paint it.

It's funny I used to teach pre-school and run an after school/summer camp for 10 years. I have to tell you the young and old spectrum is about the same. We seem to as we age to come full circle in the patience that's needed to care for both sides. It's the best feeling after leaving him and after all that he's done for this country that I've made him feel good for another day.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick and g - I attempted to write something more eloquent but in the end...you two are good men.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

chadwick and g - I attempted to write something more eloquent but in the end...you two are good men.

Hey thanks hedonist I'm sitting here with him after his breakfast talking about yesterday's game and how good the Six looked. Today I have boxing in store him for exercise.

Him and his wife gave a beautiful b day card and a nice cash some for me. The card was absolutely perfect it says....so many people think so much of you for so many reasons.....your sense of humor and positive attitude and the way you make people smile and feel good about themselves.
    You're a person to be admired and celebrated.
    And you are. Wishing you a very happy birthday.

Thats what the card said. Then him and his wife signed it.

Man it doesnt get any better than that.:-)

Peace and love to all today.
    STAY HUMAN

• Options
    Sweetness, g! May you have a glorious birthday.
  • Options
    home 14 days later

https://youtu.be/3WAZ60xA9wo

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Great to hear you are home, Chadwick! I hope your feeling better and getting around nicely! Kick out the jams, dude!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    chadwick said:

home 14 days later

https://youtu.be/3WAZ60xA9wo

I remember being at a concert in the 90's where the audience was mooned by Mr. Tommy Lee whilst he was up in a lift high above the stage. :giggle: I am glad to hear that you are home Chad. That's makes everything better.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    thanks, brian & oceaneyes. hope you all are doing vvell. getting around vvell???? sorta kinda not really but yeah. lots of ouch, ouch, ouch, shit, fuck, holy frigg & all that vv/ tvvo different vvalkers, (vvas having a vvheel chair but not novv), a couple canes, & any minute a shovver bench soon to be delivered. am i getting around nicely? yep just like a champ. i've done 14.5 tons of improving

here's some good music for knee surgery victims

https://youtu.be/7_WWz2DSnT8
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I was wondering if you were home Chad. That must be an uplifting feeling get better man. My day will come when I'll have this done to my right knee.

Say how long have the doctors told you before you'll get to be near 100%?

Peace

• Options
    3 months or could be longer. im shooting for 100 days

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    they're having a physical therapist stop by tvvice a vveek to check up on me. last friday i as getting a 90 degree bend vvhile sitting. yesterday (monday) i as getting a 95 degree bend in both legs as i sat there put my leg back as far as i could push it. the therapist asks if he can help & push my leg back/force it further back a fevv more degrees.

im guessing i got a good 100 degrees or better. guess vvhat?

fuck that
    fuck this
    & that sure is one painful maneuver
    it's vvorthy of letting out moans, groans, shouts & screams if that is vvhat you do vvhen under going agony, it's a torturous experience.

i gotta do my leg/knee stretches. soon a yoga master. yogivvick
    no one here has had a knee replacement or three?
    can any medical professionals out there tell me about bone cement? i been looking it up online a bit but im not having much luck

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I keep reading your double-v's as a hard v.

It's vorthy!

Seriously, I'm sorry for the pain you're going through - but you are a badass motherfucker, chadwick. I've read how you've surpassed so many obstacles.

Be VELL.

Always good thoughts from here.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
  • Options
    ouch
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    That seems like some heavy surgery you've been through, good recovery wishes coming your way !
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    34 staples (each knee) up & dovvn that bastardt. i'm thinking that picture & the others vvould make for a nice collage. i actually asked to keep those staples, the nurse said sure. i ended up leaving them behind. shoulda took them & displayed them next to the ultra sound image of one of my testicles

hedonist, i don't knovv about all that but thanks for the compliment. i just try hard & don't vvanna quit. mostly i've learned that life is difficult but in the blink of an eye could easily be so much vvorse.

let me tell you vvho is tough & angelic - my girl friend diane

i vvanna knovv about bone cement. post info if any of you find something or knovv something. you vvill be revvarded

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    What specifically do you want to know Chadwick? It is the material they use to secure an artificial joint.
  • Options
    does it dry?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    like vvhat it is made of

feels dry & as hard/stiff as a rhino vvhatnot

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
  • Options
    since the therapist helped push my leg back yesterday, my legs/knees are stiff & svvollen & i can't say if it is moreso or not but vvhen i do my heel sides/pushing my legs back under me as i sit in a chair, it hurts as if the therapist is here pushing on my legs. is something vvrong or is it just hovv it goes, good days/bad days vvhich is vvhat i am thinking

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm. Wish I knew more of the technical aspects of the surgery itself. All I really know about cement is what ocean already stated above. Maybe gimmesometruth can help? I also forwarded your wonderings to another forum member who might be able to help.

What I do know is that 100 degrees of bend in the knee means you rock. I'm always grateful to not be a physical therapist who has to inflict that pain on patients post knee replacement. The fact is, the more range of motion you have the better your gait will be... Less chance of limping, more fluid motion. I assume you are pre medicating before your physical therapist shows up? Ice after. Hang in there chad. Awesome that you have Diane to support you right now too.

Can you extend your knees completely straight?
    Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    vvhen toads mates they can literally ignore a crovv pecking on them long enough that the crovv vvinds up eating the toad's liver & the toad not even giving a crap until some time later vvhen the toad explodes like a balloon. just savv this on nat-geo vvild

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    thank you, ocean & shetells. ocean, i'll check out the link you posted right directly. i'll be into the 100+ degrees before to long. at least that is vvhat should, vvhat must happen so that the dr. doesn't have to sedate me & force the bendings vvhich vvhen explained to me sounded like nearly breaking the healing knees. vvell frigg that, i'll do my exercises & get to 100+. im at 95, or vvas anyvvays, not sure im at 95 degree today or not. that forced bullshit yesterday jacked me over

yes i can extend my legs out straight (like vvhen lying dovvn raise it up, leg locked. or vvhen sitting lift the leg out straight)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    chadwick said:

vvhen toads mates they can literally ignore a crovv pecking on them long enough that the crovv vvinds up eating the toad's liver & the toad not even giving a crap until some time later vvhen the toad explodes like a balloon. just savv this on nat-geo vvild

"When Toads Mate". That's a band name, right? Haha!

Hope you're doing well, Sir Chadwick!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    nice info thank you. im a curious guy & vvanna knovv a little bit about everything especially since it has to do vvith me

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Good days and bad days is the way of it, I think. I too, am glad that I don't have to inflict that sort of pain on people. Of course I don't seem to have too much trouble jabbing them in the ass with a needle when they need it. :wink: But I do it well. :giggle: The therapist is helping you push that joint further than you are able to yourself. It does cause a little local trauma and resulting inflammation. But it is necessary to get back your mobility. Definitely pre-medicate and ice after. Lots of water to flush the system after a session.

As far as what it is made of there are several manufacturers. Some include antibiotics in the mix, but I don't know if all do. But essentially, it is a polymer based material.
    chadwick said:

And I am glad to see that you are spending your down time in the pursuit of educational opportunities. :smile: Keep your chin up and keep fighting the good fight. It will all be worth it in the end.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

chadwick said:

"When Toads Mate". That's a band name, right? Haha!

Hope you're doing well, Sir Chadwick!

rock on, lux. that's a great band name or & album title. im comin together bit by bit, day after day. mostly i stink like jim morrison as i vvait for the shovver chair the medical supply store had to order. i can't stand long enough to shovver & i shouldn't be standing on a vvet slippery surface anyhovv.

nearly all my muscles get tight & go into spasms vvhen i stand more than a fevv min. vvalking is different than standing still. i can vvalk my vvalkers around longer than i can shovver

please shovver chair please shovver chair please shovver chair today today today

probably info y'all didn't ask for, then again i am famous for 15 topics at once & 13 of them topics being completely frigged

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce