Degenerates Unite!! Must be on the list to enter and 18!

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Ohhh those damn airmen. When I was stationed in the bahamas we came with our packs, a cot and a sleeping bag. We were there for 6 months. We felt blessed to get a cot. They showed up at the end of the project for the last couple of weeks. They came with pallet after pallet of stuff for a 2 week stay. Massive amounts of pillows and other unnecesary bullshit. They flipped the fuck out when they asked where they were staying and we pointed to a concrete shell of a building that looked like it had been bombed. No walls, water or electricity. Literally just the concrete support beams and a roof. We loved it as the waves crashed into a breaker wall next to us and the open air was amazing. The only positive to them coming was they brought a dozen female nurses with them that got banged many times over those 2 weeks. They also had 1 gay dude nurse. Nothing wrong with being gay of course but this was during don't ask don't tell. The dude was wearing a sarong to the beach with his shirt tied up like chicks do. We all thought that qualified as telling. He was one fruity guy. Such an amazing trip that one was. One guy was almost deported back to the US for freaking their new presidents main aide out. Apparantly he didnt like a naked marine jumping threw the window of the penthouse suite he was staying in. The aide thought the guy was an assasin there to kill him. The US ambasador had to work some magic to keep it out of the papers and becoming an international incident. Luckily we were there for a humanitarian mission and the new president didn't want to sully the work we were doing and agreed to not prosecute or deport. The poor Marine thought he was meeting a drunk naked college girl for a romp.

Ani, I could not read your post without thinking of this....

Four well-dressed men sitting together at a vacation resort.

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.

Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

Terry Gilliam: You're right there Obediah.

Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TG: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."

EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Awesome. You could sub out any of the people with my poor grandpa that is passing and it would work. Ohhh the stories he would tell us. His parents owned a cannery in Monterey and were well off. It didn't stop him from making up all those stories of how good we had it and rough it was for him. Thank you as I forgot about how we would tell us those things as my Dad would smirk and laugh.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925
    it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

photo IMG_0823_zps4uso9q0d.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    imalive said:

Gorgeous view!! ( behind the Crocs that is! :wink: )
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    imalive said:

Where's your cardigan sweater, Mr. Rogers?
    ELITIST FUK
    The crocs ruined it. RUINED IT! Please repost minus that fatal flaw.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    imalive said:

I see that Goose IPA, nicely done sir.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • If you took the crocs off and then a chainsaw to the power pole that would be near-perfect. Well done!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I want to say something, but I can't. I want to say something, but I can't. I want to say something, but I can't. I want to say something, but I can't. I want to say something, but I can't. I want to say something, but I can't. I want to say something, but I can't.....
    Well there's another mug for the collection and I'm guessing that yet another will be added soon.
    Funniest damn threads though!

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    so, like Rob, I came back here to 123 new posts...a couple of things...

*when I read "Empty OBGlassGYN"- I immediately pictured glass tampons...ouch
    *Is it last 12 or Ani that has a vag?
    *who has warts? and you NAMED them?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

I said that vaginal warts is a gross phrase. Then everyone assumes I had a vagina. Just because I have DDs, people assume I have a vagina. I don't. So I can't possibly have vaginal warts.

RKCNDY said:

I said that vaginal warts is a gross phrase. Then everyone assumes I had a vagina. Just because I have DDs, people assume I have a vagina. I don't. So I can't possibly have vaginal warts.
    Well to be accurate, vaginal warts is just another name for genital warts. Genital warts occur in both males and females. So on a technicality, yes you could have vaginal warts.

RKCNDY said:

Well to be accurate, vaginal warts is just another name for genital warts. Genital warts occur in both males and females. So on a technicality, yes you could have vaginal warts.
    You and your technicalities.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    wait...you have man boobs? and they are DD?!?!?!?!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    And they are spectacular from what I hear.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

And they are spectacular from what I hear.

RKCNDY said:

wait...you have man boobs? and they are DD?!?!?!?!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No, I dont have man boobs. I have pecs.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Scotty, A+ avatar

:clap:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Looks like the Porch got some use today.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Yep, some people were busy.
    ELITIST FUK
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    SD48277 said:

Yep, some people were busy.
    Probably worked up a sweat...

Damn. This is why I stay in AET. Our posts are not meant for mass consumption.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I was getting a number of texts at work about the goings on. The Porch has turned into AMT2 for sure! I feel like I have to wear riot gear when I go in there! :fearful:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:

I was getting a number of texts at work about the goings on. The Porch has turned into AMT2 for sure! I feel like I have to wear riot gear when I go in there! :fearful:

The Porch is the other side of the tracks. Stay away
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

deadendp said:

The porch wishes it was aet 2. Bunch of uprights over there.

deadendp said:

True Dat
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

deadendp said:

Wait, this isn't where I ask for spare tickets for Global Citizens? :wink:
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

Anyone got an extra ticket to the show plus some airline miles they want to donate to me?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

GA ONLY!!! wait..... it is GA right????

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

Yes it's GA. You clowns aren't in line yet?

Oh, if you're not in line could one of you grab me a poster
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead