Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,779
    mca47 said:

wonder who Nacho is afraid of?

Not sure. I don't recall, but is Nacho selling anything other than prescription drugs at this point? He seems like a pretty low level dealer at this point. Not sure who he'd want to off.
    I'd think it would just be the next level guy.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Someone that may dime him out to Tuco? Just watched last weeks show last night.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Last night's episode was great!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    That was Crazy Eight who was talking to Tuco before Mike hit his car.
    This season keeps getting better and better.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,302

It's fantastic television.

Kinda wish I didn't binge Breaking Bad so quickly now. A lot of it is a bit of a blur so I feel like I'm missing all these little references...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Any ideas as to why Mike didnt wanna shoot Tuco?
    Notice the guy that was showing Mike the 3 sniper rifles is the same guy that sells Walter White the guns in BB.
  • Options

Any ideas as to why Mike didnt wanna shoot Tuco?
    Notice the guy that was showing Mike the 3 sniper rifles is the same guy that sells Walter White the guns in BB.

Yeah, I noticed the gun dealer too. I love how they bring those cast members back!

I think Mike didn't kill him for a few reasons.
    I think Mike is still getting into this world of hired work. He hasn't ever (to my knowledge) been paid to actually kill a guy.
    I also think that he didn't do it because if it went south, or he was discovered, not only would he be jeopardy, but his family would too.
    He's a former cop. He knew that if his plan worked, that Tuco would get put away for a long time. During this time Nacho could move up and take over the "business".
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    solid episode.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I love these episodes where Mike is the main focus. This show is so well done.
  • Options

I love these episodes where Mike is the main focus. This show is so well done.

Yeah, Jonathan Banks is such an amazing actor. The guy has been in a thousand different things over the years, but in no way could I see him so something else and not think of Mike.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

It's fantastic television.

Kinda wish I didn't binge Breaking Bad so quickly now. A lot of it is a bit of a blur so I feel like I'm missing all these little references...
    I'm in the same boat here. I blasted through BB so quickly I didn't really savor it the way I should have. I really think I need to watch the entire series again.

And actually, I was DVRing the first season of Saul while I was finishing up BB so I binged the first six episodes or so as well. I think I'm going to re-watch every episode of season 1 before I keep going on season 2.
  • Options
    Hector! great shows. I caught up last night from being 2 weeks behind. I loved the $20 being backwards and the look Tuco gave Crazy 8
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The BB characters keep on popping up! Kinda weird that Jimmy and Mike weren't in this episode much, but still really good stuff.
  • Options
    I wonder if Mike didn't want to kill Tuco so he could play both sides.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I doubt it. This is before Mike became Gus's right hand man who had no problem killing people. Similar to Jimmy, I think he has a little ways to go before he becomes a straight up criminal.
  • Options
    He killed a cop. He's there already.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

He killed a cop. He's there already.

That was because they killed his son. While not "right", it was revenge out of hate. To my knowledge, Mike has yet to kill for hire or without reason.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I think he didn't kill Tuco because a) He's not "there" yet b) His plan was a better c) Drug gangs and cartels...you kill the guy at the top, another one steps up. It would have done nothing, and if the plan failed, they could come after him or his family.
    Even when Tuco gets out, he can't be overly vengeful to Mike because Tuco was in the wrong and put himself in that position. Mike was just an old man who bumped his car. At least for now...
  • Options
    I think he's "there", just looking at long term earnings.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I like this show a lot, but it can be frustratingly slow at times.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

I dunno. I get that the pacing is completely different from that of Breaking Bad but I don't really see it as slow. It definitely leaves me wanting more.

And I'm sure that the wait between seasons 2 and 3 will be painful.

But pretty much exactly when season 2 ends, at least there will be this to fill some of that void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U
  • Options
    JTH said:

I dunno. I get that the pacing is completely different from that of Breaking Bad but I don't really see it as slow. It definitely leaves me wanting more.

And I'm sure that the wait between seasons 2 and 3 will be painful.

But pretty much exactly when season 2 ends, at least there will be this to fill some of that void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U
    Hell yeah! Can't wait for Thrones!

I think the pacing of Saul is fine. Breaking Bad was pretty much "ready, set, go" from the beginning...which makes sense as a chemist trying to get into the brutal world of drugs would likely do. I like how they've built up Jimmy (and other's) characters so we can truly see the transition of each into what they become. I think in the remaining episodes, we've now been introduced to more shady characters (Tuco, Crazy 8, Nacho, Hector, and it looks like the cousins are to make their appearance soon). The last couple of episodes should be pretty bad-ass.
  • Options
    Hardly any Jimmy last night but I still enjoyed it.

Mike is such a badass.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Great episode! Love this show
  • Options
    The Twins

Mikes story arc, even Kim's is definitely getting more of the focus compared to Sauls.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Has this weord mood
    I like it...some times is a bit slow..but u never know the next fuck.up!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Really looking forward to see how the Kim and Jimmy timeline shakes out. Mike's half-measure with Tuco didn't work out.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I'm wondering how far down Jimmy is going to drag Kim. That separation of law offices under the same roof will only last so long. I can see as Jimmy gets caught up with more shady dudes, either she's going to be "WTF, I'm out!" or they may threaten her...or maybe she gets dirty like Jimmy but does something to get in her own legal mess and gets debarred or locked up.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I'm wondering how far down Jimmy is going to drag Kim. That separation of law offices under the same roof will only last so long. I can see as Jimmy gets caught up with more shady dudes, either she's going to be "WTF, I'm out!" or they may threaten her...or maybe she gets dirty like Jimmy but does something to get in her own legal mess and gets debarred or locked up.

Yeah, I was thinking the same when I was watching last night. Kim is such a likable character and you just know that things probably aren't going to end very well for her. I can't imagine she'll be on board when Jimmy fully turns into Saul.
  • Options

mca47 said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same when I was watching last night. Kim is such a likable character and you just know that things probably aren't going to end very well for her. I can't imagine she'll be on board when Jimmy fully turns into Saul.
    I bet she gets killed eventually.
    chinese-happy.jpg