Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Was anxious about this yesterday.  I couldnt deal with the world losing Bob Odenkirk.  Ive been a big fan of his since Mr. Show
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801

Bob Odenkirk says he had a small heart attack, will be back
    Yesterday

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — “Better Call Saul” star Bob Odenkirk said Friday that he “had a small heart attack” but will “be back soon.”

The 58-year-old actor took to Twitter to make his first public statement since collapsing on the show's Albuquerque, New Mexico, set on Tuesday.

“Hi. It’s Bob,” Odenkirk tweeted. “Thank you. To my family and friends who have surrounded me this week. And for the outpouring of love from everyone who expressed concern and care for me. It’s overwhelming. But I feel the love and it means so much.”

“I had a small heart attack,” he continued. “But I’m going to be ok thanks to Rosa Estrada and the doctors who knew how to fix the blockage without surgery.”

His representatives had previously only said that he had a “heart related incident” and was stable in an Albuquerque hospital after collapsing while shooting the show's sixth and final season.

Odenkirk also thanked the network that airs “Better Call Saul” and the company that produces it.

“AMC and SONYs support and help throughout this has been next-level,” he tweeted. “I’m going to take a beat to recover but I’ll be back soon.”

The tone of Odenkirk's friends and co-stars had already shifted from concern to relief before his tweets.

“Just got off the phone with Bob and he’s doing great!” David Cross, who formed a comedy duo with Odenkirk to make the HBO sketch show “Mr. Show.” “Joking and japing and joshing. Both he and his family are overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and concern everyone has shown. You will be hearing from him soon. But he’s doing really well!!!”

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Hopefully this will inspire him and Cross to collaborate for some more Mr. Show once he recovers and Better Call Saul finishes up.

So, is the next season of Better Call Saul a wrap on the Breaking Bad 'universe'?  It is getting much more difficult because the actors are aging.  Not sure if there is much more to tell or any other direction they can branch off in.  

A Lalo "Camino" type movie could work depending on what they do with that character.

A light Hank and Gomez cop drama/comedy anthology series would be funny. (although probably a terrible idea).
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    FINALLY!  Final season split into 2 parts with first part April 18 and 2nd part starting July 11.  Nice that its not a huge break between the 2 parts.  Can't wait.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/better-call-saul-season-6-premiere-1235174021/
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    FINALLY!  Final season split into 2 parts with first part April 18 and 2nd part starting July 11.  Nice that its not a huge break between the 2 parts.  Can't wait.

Yay, finally!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Thanks for the update x
  • Options
    Beautiful... I'm about 3 episodes into the new Ozark season w/ nothing else on the horizon for new shows until this news dropped. 

Can't wait. 
  • Options
    Yeah, we are watching Ozark too.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014

How long has it been? I started to think they gave up on closing out this show. Glad to hear it’s coming!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

How long has it been? I started to think they gave up on closing out this show. Glad to hear it’s coming!

they were set to begin filming 2 years ago then Odenkitk had his heart attack and this virus thing.....
    think it was 3 yrs ago finale of season 5 aired?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    according to imdb season 5 finale aired 4-20-2020

• Options
    Definitely going to go back & re-watch S5. 

Can't wait to see what happens to Howard, Nacho & Kim in this upcoming season. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Lalo!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    all episodes from the previous seasons are up on netflix now in anticipation of the new season debut on amc on the 18th

• Options
    Rewatched season 5 the past few days.  What a show.  So well acted and well written.  The guy who plays Lalo is an incredible actor.  
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Rewatched season 5 the past few days.  What a show.  So well acted and well written.  The guy who plays Lalo is an incredible actor.  
    I'm rewatching the last season too.  Crazy how much I forgot!
  • Options
    Monday!!!!! 2 part opener.....

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    So is it fair to assume that Jimmy hiding in a mall restaurant was because of Lalo?  That dude is vicious.  
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    I feel like the character of Lalo inspired Ozark's Javi. Those 2 could be brothers in a crossover.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Finally tonight! :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    So is it fair to assume that Jimmy hiding in a mall restaurant was because of Lalo?  That dude is vicious.  
    I think so, with a combination of law-enforcement too.    Everyone else is gone by that time.  The only off-thing is that he wasn't all too worried until Schrader was killed and Walt's world crumbled down.

Its very interesting to see what becomes of Lalo.  From Saul's words in BB he thinks he is still alive, and we are assuming he thinks he is a threat in Omaha-time.  I cant imagine he is somehow living and wouldn't be a factor in Breaking-Bad time.  Maybe he is doing time somewhere as Jorge de Guzman?

I think Kim is going to be a goner.  Season 5 made a big deal about how she was now 'in the game', and she is going full tilt into Saul-world.  I dont see her getting out alive unless she needs an adapter for a Hoover Max Extract® Pressure Pro™ Model 60... but not sure how many times the show can get away with that before it appearing as a cop-out. 

I think Nacho gets out alive, but I dont think his dad will. 

No idea which way Saul is going to go in Omaha-time.  Saw someone guess he might start to get an 'allergy' to electromagnetic energy. 
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:

Maybe a piece of it, but remember when Saul shows up in BB he asks Walt/Jesse if they are Lalo's guys. 
    Some of this final season is going to take place in/after the BB timeline. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Maybe a piece of it, but remember when Saul shows up in BB he asks Walt/Jesse if they are Lalo's guys. 
    No! I don't remember that at all,  but I watched BB when it was new so that would have meant nothing.  

So hang on,  I was working under the premise that this whole thing was before BB. In other words there's going to be some run in with Lalo but these events end and Jimmy goes back to NM and then it's BB timeline.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    I wonder if I should just wait a bit and binge this final season....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

No! I don't remember that at all,  but I watched BB when it was new so that would have meant nothing.  

So hang on,  I was working under the premise that this whole thing was before BB. In other words there's going to be some run in with Lalo but these events end and Jimmy goes back to NM and then it's BB timeline.
    I believe it will end somewhere in the early days of the BB timeline
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The scenes with Gene working at Cinnabon in Omaha are after the events of BB.  It's where he ended up after the guy from the vacuum repair shop gave him a new identity and he escaped after Hank got killed.  

• Options
    Goddamn, 2 1/2 hrs? Dont these fuckers know I work nights?

and just like that, I'm back in....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Goddamn, 2 1/2 hrs? Dont these fuckers know I work nights?

and just like that, I'm back in....
    Yeah that was a long one.  Started it a little late after the kids went to bed and didn't finish until after 11....was a struggle to stay awake.  I don't know how you east coast people do it with all these late start times.  

We finally got to see Saul's house and it's exactly how I pictured it.  I was expecting the usual cold open for a new season with Gene in Omaha.  I'm guessing it's going to be more than just an opening scene when we catch up with him again.  At this point, Kim seems to be more interested in acting like Saul Goodman than Jimmy does.  Can't stop thinking that this is going to end up horribly for Kim.  And it's hard to see how Nacho can escape out of Mexico.  Only 11 episodes left!
  • Options
    I watched 1 episode last night and will watch the 2nd one tonight (probably).
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Everything in color is pre BB. Everything in black and white is post BB.

This season is going to interweave into the BB timeline eventually. We should see some of the events that happened during BB from a different viewpoint.