Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    So did Kim's work at the end there buy her way into next season or is Lalo gonna have her killed next week?

I kind of thought Mike was going to kill both of them. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I still think Kim makes out somehow. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited April 2020
    That was an intense last 10 minutes. Lalo is a great character. He's got that reserved crazy just lurking under the surface. It's like they based him off of Tuco in Breaking Bad, but toned down the overt crazy. The way he just doesn't say anything and then smiles like everything is fine even though it isn't leaves you waiting for him to break.

I think Kim just bought herself time with that performance. He's probably more impressed by her now than Saul.

Unfortunately, it seems that Lalo is on his way to see Eladio, which isn't go to turn out well and Nacho is along for the ride.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    season finale tonight
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Lalo is out for blood!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Great finale
    looking forward to the last season. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Going to watch the finale tonight.

Didn't realize this was the next to last season.  Was saying to the wife last night that it would be cool if they kinda did a parallel story of Saul during the Breaking Bad time frame.  Am sure it would be suuuuper hard to do, but would be pretty cool to see.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Great finale

which probably won't come out til about 2022. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Great finale

first and last episode in the can..... date is of course subject to change in light of current circumstances but......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    mickeyrat said:
    Great finale

first and last episode in the can..... date is of course subject to change in light of current circumstances but......

I read something yesterday that said the writers have already started the writing process for the final season.  They can still do that even with the current state of the world.  But who the hell knows when they'll actually be able to start filming.  I think best case scenario would be end of 2021 for the last season but wouldn't be surprised if it's 2022.  
    mickeyrat said:
    Great finale

I read something yesterday that said the writers have already started the writing process for the final season.  They can still do that even with the current state of the world.  But who the hell knows when they'll actually be able to start filming.  I think best case scenario would be end of 2021 for the last season but wouldn't be surprised if it's 2022.  
    I get Georgia will let them film!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Salud Don Eladio! Maybe Kim is the one the pushes Jimmy over the edge into full fledged Saul.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Reminds me of BCS. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited June 2021
    Just caught up.  I dont really watch TV shows, but love the BB 'universe'.  

Man, this show is so good.  Id argue its better overall than BB but it is so tough to say.  Like without BB, I probably dont care about some plot lines, and wouldnt already have seen an in-depth Fring playing up his whole model citizen persona.

Not sure what is going to happen.  I cant believe they actually topped themselves with the Lalo character.  I would watch another spinoff with him as the star.  

Im not really looking forward to the "Kim and Saul take down Hamlin" plot next season.  I kind of like Hamlin and he overall seems fine and you just wish that Saul/Jimmy would/could shake hands, make up, and move on.  I really cant get behind them ruining his life just because.  Seems unnecessary.  Hopefully they can tie it neatly into the ultimate conclusion of the other arcs to make it worthwhile of the time its going to eat off the last season.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    MayDay10 said:
    Just caught up.  I dont really watch TV shows, but love the BB 'universe'.  

Man, this show is so good.  Id argue its better overall than BB but it is so tough to say.  Like without BB, I probably dont care about some plot lines, and wouldnt already have seen an in-depth Fring playing up his whole model citizen persona.

Not sure what is going to happen.  I cant believe they actually topped themselves with the Lalo character.  I would watch another spinoff with him as the star.  

Im not really looking forward to the "Kim and Saul take down Hamlin" plot next season.  I kind of like Hamlin and he overall seems fine and you just wish that Saul/Jimmy would/could shake hands, make up, and move on.  I really cant get behind them ruining his life just because.  Seems unnecessary.  Hopefully they can tie it neatly into the ultimate conclusion of the other arcs to make it worthwhile of the time its going to eat off the last season.
    I like it more than BB. 

One big issue I have w/ BB as opposed to BCS are the red herrings, or at least a very big one: the whole airline disaster really didn't need to happen. It works from the angle of showing how many lives Walt's criminal behavior impacted, but I still think they could have done without that whole plot and to me it seemed to exist just to throw people off with the opening montages of the bodies & debris being removed from the house in foreshadowing the accident. After watching the series a second time, that plotline seems very unnecessary, for lack of a better adjective. 

I like the angle of them going after Hamlin, because Kim's the one taking it to the extreme, and Jimmy seems to be a reluctant participant whereas traditionally over the course of the series, it's the opposite... IIRC Jimmy was willing to screw with Hamlin to an extent (slip Nair into his shampoo bottle, f up his car, send hookers into his lunch meeting) but Kim wants to take it to a level Jimmy wouldn't have and completely ruin him... we're seeing just how devious and malicious Kim can be, which is out of character for her. 

We know this much: SOMETHING has to happen to / with Kim in season 6 to remove her from the picture before Breaking Bad, and I'm loving the suspense / unknown aspect of what it could be. 

RE: Hamlin, I love the character and more so how Patrick Fabian plays him. My biggest regret about Chuck passing was no more scenes w/ Fabian and McKean - I loved every scene those guys were in together, and were easily my favorite parts of the 1st 3 seasons. 

The last few episodes of Season 3 (Chuck losing it while being questioned under oath / set up with the battery in his pocket, his departure from HHM, his mental breakdown in the finale) are some of the greatest TV episodes I've ever seen of any show. 
    Damn. Saw this was bumped and thought they announce when the next season was starting. 

I think I need to rewatch the last season before the new one starts up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Damn. Saw this was bumped and thought they announce when the next season was starting. 

I think I need to rewatch the last season before the new one starts up. 
    As of a couple weeks ago, S5 is still not available on Netflix. 
  • mickeyrat said:
    Great finale

That's great news, thanks x
    I don't think it will ever top BB for me, but BCS is getting pretty damn close.  I'm also not sure how I feel about the whole angle of Kim going after Hamlin but she seemed pretty set on going that way and you know Jimmy won't try to stop her  The biggest mystery for me is how Kim ends up....but just because she wasn't shown on screen during the events of Breaking Bad doesn't mean she wasn't around since they never showed anything from Saul's private life.

They're currently filming the final season so guessing the earlier we see it is early 2022.  Will definitely have to re-watch season 5 before it starts up again.  It's going to be sad when it's over....the BB universe has been going since 2008!  

You have to figure that at least 1 of Nacho, Lalo, and Kim will make it through.  All 3 perish and it is kind of a let-down (maybe).  
    MayDay10 said:
    You have to figure that at least 1 of Nacho, Lalo, and Kim will make it through.  All 3 perish and it is kind of a let-down (maybe).  

Nacho/Ignacio is referenced in BB....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:

Yeah, I saw that before, and he also asks if they were sent by Lalo....

It still makes anything possible though, other than Jimmy/Saul 'thinks' Lalo is or might be alive (and he would want to kill him due to something he and Nacho did/conspired to do).

Its pretty neat how they tied those names into prequel main characters.

I love the fact that it's possible Kim could still be in Jimmy's life during BB. 

I don't think the theory will pan out, but the fact alone that it's even possible speaks to how good of a job they've done writing these shows. 
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:

Yeah, I saw that before, and he also asks if they were sent by Lalo....

It still makes anything possible though, other than Jimmy/Saul 'thinks' Lalo is or might be alive (and he would want to kill him due to something he and Nacho did/conspired to do).

Its pretty neat how they tied those names into prequel main characters.

Yeah these writers are amazing.  Just a throwaway line from a character who was only supposed to be on BB for 3 episodes has turned into all of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWYQN4E4qr0
     https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-tv-arts-and-entertainment-bob-odenkirk-7f571c7451652ce88ddec73fd8739c89
    Bob Odenkirk collapses on 'Better Call Saul' set
    By ANDREW DALTON
    Today

LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Better Call Saul” star Bob Odenkirk collapsed on the show's New Mexico set on Tuesday and had to be hospitalized.

Crew members called an ambulance that took the 58-year-old actor to a hospital, where he remained Tuesday night, a person close to Odenkirk who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter told The Associated Press.

It was not immediately clear what caused the collapse, or how long Odenkirk might be hospitalized.

“Better Call Saul,” the spin-off prequel to “Breaking Bad,” has been shooting its sixth and final season, which is set to air on AMC next year.

Like “Breaking Bad,” “Better Call Saul” is set in and mostly shot in Albuquerque.

An email sent to a representative of AMC seeking more information or comment was not immediately returned.

Odenkirk has been nominated for four Emmys for playing the title character, a down-on-his-luck lawyer named Jimmy McGill who becomes increasingly corrupt and adopts the pseudonym Saul Goodman.

Michael McKean, Odenkirk's co-star who played his brother on the show, was among many wishing Odenkirk well on social media.

“Sending huge love to our @mrbobodenkirk,” McKean tweeted. “You got this, brother.”

Odenkirk's hospitalization was first reported by TMZ.

Before the “Saul” role, which he also played on “Breaking Bad,” Odenkirk was best known for “Mr. Show With Bob and David,” the sketch comedy series he co-created with David Cross that originally aired on HBO from 1995 to 1998.

continues

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    "a person close to Odenkirk who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter told The Associated Press."

why put this line in there?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Pretty crazy this day and age with TMZ in everyones business we have not got an update on this yet. Hopefully this does not mean he is still in really bad shape but why else would there be no update. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Stable after a heart incident. Glad to hear he is ok. 
    Wow glad to hear he is okay. He's not even 60. Pretty scary.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Arts and entertainment New Mexico Trending News Albuquerque Bob Odenkirk  Bob Odenkirk condition stable after 'heart related incident'  By ANDREW DALTON  2 hours ago  LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Better Call Saul” star Bob Odenkirk had a “heart related incident” when he collapsed on the show's New Mexico set, and his condition is stable as he recovers at a hospital, his representatives said Wednesday.  “We can confirm Bob is in stable condition after experiencing a heart related incident," the statement said. "He and his family would like to express gratitude for the incredible doctors and nurses looking after him, as well as his cast, crew and producers who have stayed by his side. The Odenkirks would also like to thank everyone for the outpouring of well wishes and ask for their privacy at this time as Bob works on his recovery.”  Odenkirk collapsed Tuesday on the Albuquerque set where the “Breaking Bad” spin-off is shooting its sixth and final season. Crew members called an ambulance that took the 58-year-old actor to a local hospital.  Shortly before the statement was released, Odenkirk's son Nate, the elder of his two children, tweeted, “He's going to be OK.”  The sixth season of the spin-off prequel to “Breaking Bad" is set to air on AMC next year. Both shows were shot in and mostly set in Albuquerque.  “Bob is someone we have known and been lucky enough to work with for a long time," AMC said in a statement Wednesday night. "The immediate outpouring of affection and concern from fans around the world is a clear reflection of his immense talents and ability to both move and entertain people. Like everyone else, we are so grateful to know he is in stable condition and receiving excellent care. We are holding him close in our thoughts and wishing for a fast and full recovery.”  Odenkirk has been nominated for four Emmys for playing the title character, a down-on-his-luck lawyer named Jimmy McGill who becomes increasingly corrupt and adopts the pseudonym Saul Goodman, the “criminal lawyer” who appeared in dozens of episodes of “Breaking Bad.”  Michael McKean, Odenkirk's co-star who played his brother on the “Better Call Saul,” was among many wishing Odenkirk well on social media during an anxious night and day where little news beyond his collapse and hospitalization was released.  “Sending huge love to our @mrbobodenkirk,” McKean tweeted. “You got this, brother.”  Odenkirk's “Breaking Bad” co-stars also showed their love and concern.  “Today I woke up to news that has made me anxious all morning,” Bryan Cranston said on Instagram, along with a photo of himself with Odenkirk. “Please take a moment in your day today to think about him and send positive thoughts and prayers his way.”  Cranston's co-star Aaron Paul posted an Instagram picture of Odenkirk with the caption, “I love you my friend.”  Before the “Saul” role, which he also played on “Breaking Bad,” Odenkirk was best known for “Mr. Show With Bob and David,” the sketch comedy series he co-created with David Cross that originally aired on HBO from 1995 to 1998.  On Tuesday night, Cross tweeted, “Bob is one of the strongest people I know both physically and spiritually. He WILL get through this.”  Odenkirk has won two Emmys, for his writing on “The Ben Stiller Show” and on “Saturday Night Live.”  He has also appeared on HBO's “The Larry Sanders Show” and in the films “The Post,” “Little Women” and “Nobody.”  ___  Follow AP Entertainment Writer Andrew Dalton on Twitter: https://twitter.com/andyjamesdalton