Options

Michael Moore proving once again...

Comments

• Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I highly doubt the majority of soldiers joined the military because of the love of fighting and the prospect killing human beings. Even Kyle stated in his book his priorities were God, Country and Family...in that order. Every soldier I know, and I know A LOT of them, joined with a desire to serve and protect the country and/or to take advantage of military benefits (i.e. help with college, job security, etc.).

If no one had the willingness to join, you would end up serving whether you wanted to or not..make no mistake about that. If people don't volunteer to serve, they will fill the ranks one way or the other. So have some respect for those that take it upon themselves to serve in your stead, risk their lives following orders so you dont have to, and leave you with the ability to protest their motivation and cowardly tendencies from the comfort of your keyboard.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    wheres the popcorn smiley. anxiously awaits rgambs.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Man there is just no end to marketing Hollywood films.
    http://news.sky.com/story/1410695/seth-rogen-shoots-down-american-sniper

This film will cross the 1 billion mark before it leaves theatres.
    seth rogen movies will still bomb, he is a coat tailing ass
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    JimmyV wrote: »
    Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh: Twin demons of the left and the right.

Yes Jimmy you got this dead on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Being an army vet, I would certainly want some one on lookout to take out those that are looking to take me out. The only "cowards" are those that send our troops into war.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote: »
    anxiously awaits rgambs.
    qcJ5Ee0.gif

• Options
    Being an army vet, I would certainly want some one on lookout to take out those that are looking to take me out. The only "cowards" are those that send our troops into war.

I would hope we all agree on that Empty.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Oh please Brian, step off your pedestal. People have said far worse about others here, and I'm not addressing a single poster here.

Good call, cincy. Sorry.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    John Allen Muhammad and John Lee Malvo were cowards
  • Options
    Oh please Brian, step off your pedestal. People have said far worse about others here, and I'm not addressing a single poster here.

Way to have respect for a day observed nationally to honor a man to have made a difference in the name of PEACE and rights for everyone. THAT'S what Brian is talking about. He's on no pedestal, you must be merely in need to point a finger somewhere, and you were told how it is.

I have to cop to this one, bsL12, cincy's call was good. It is true that others -probably all of us at one point- have said worse.

That said, I won't renege on anything else I've said here. It is so U.S. of us to glorify someone who sits in a tree (or whatever) and picks off people. I suppose I am guilty of reacting a bit too strongly... maybe... on this issue but six decades of watching the U.S. become more and more a warring nation I just can't stomach the guts 'n gory glory hallefuckinlujah posturing that defines so much of what we have become as a nation. And I am speaking in general terms here. I don't mean to single any one out here. It's the combined overall effect of a bloodthirsty, aggressive murderous position we have take as a whole that I rage against.

As for Michael Moore, yeah it's easy to criticize someone in the lime light and I'm sure he has his faults but he has the guts to speak his mind on issues that so many others back off from. It's a wonder he's still alive. I say, good for him and thanks for the courage to speak out. That is what this is supposed to be all about, right? Courage.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux wrote: »

Way to have respect for a day observed nationally to honor a man to have made a difference in the name of PEACE and rights for everyone. THAT'S what Brian is talking about. He's on no pedestal, you must be merely in need to point a finger somewhere, and you were told how it is.

I have to cop to this one, bsL12, cincy's call was good. It is true that others -probably all of us at one point- have said worse.

That said, I won't renege on anything else I've said here. It is so U.S. of us to glorify someone who sits in a tree (or whatever) and picks off people. I suppose I am guilty of reacting a bit too strongly... maybe... on this issue but six decades of watching the U.S. become more and more a warring nation I just can't stomach the guts 'n gory glory hallefuckinlujah posturing that defines so much of what we have become as a nation. And I am speaking in general terms here. I don't mean to single any one out here. It's the combined overall effect of a bloodthirsty, aggressive murderous position we have take as a whole that I rage against.

As for Michael Moore, yeah it's easy to criticize someone in the lime light and I'm sure he has his faults but he has the guts to speak his mind on issues that so many others back off from. It's a wonder he's still alive. I say, good for him and thanks for the courage to speak out. That is what this is supposed to be all about, right? Courage.

must be nice to perch from your tree while others have your back
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Well, how quickly the push for "free speech" wanes when someone possibly criticizes the actions of an American soldier. And calling Moore's comments "unAmerican"? I guess that tells us where American priorities are.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Moore said his piece. Others disagreed. That is exactly how free speech is supposed to work.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Moore said his piece. Others disagreed. That is exactly how free speech is supposed to work.
    But, apparently "unAmerican" to say what he said...?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    All those American lives saved should have been home. Mike Moore is true patriot for trying to rally Americans against the tyranny and the crime perpetrated by the criminals that infest Washington.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    If someone expresses an opinion and someone else says that opinion is Un-American (or immoral, or blasphemous, or dangerous, etc) all that has happened is two people have expressed an opinion. That is free speech.

• Options
    If someone expresses an opinion and someone else says that opinion is Un-American (or immoral, or blasphemous, or dangerous, etc) all that has happened is two people have expressed an opinion. That is free speech.

in america
  • Options
    I don't think its very productive speech and it doesn't really encourage debate, but it is just free speech.

• Options
    I don't think its very productive speech and it doesn't really encourage debate, but it is just free speech.

your avatar used to be a ref
    what happened?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Moore's comment that snipers are cowards was silly, at worst. They are a practical and unavoidable tool used in warfare. The cowards are the politicians in Washington "writing cheques that others' pay".
    I'll add Canada as well.....Harper is such a coward. Apparently he ran off to hide in a closet when that deranged gunman killed that soldier in cold blood then slithered into parliament looking to grease his Prime Wennieness.
    Post edited by TalonTedd on
  • Options
    TalonTedd wrote: »
    Moore's comment that snipers are cowards was silly, at worst. They are a practical and unavoidable tool used in warfare. The cowards are the politicians in Washington "writing cheques that others' pay".

Medals on a wooden mantle

Talon Tedd get off your knees
  • Options
    Are we done. Can I place the pledge pin on that wooden mantle.
  • Options
    TalonTedd wrote: »
    Are we done. Can I place the pledge pin on that wooden mantle.

only if you remove that Molson Canadian sticker of your avatar
  • Options
    Never!!!!
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The criticism of "the sniper" is really a proxy battle for what is really freaking out Michael Moore...the possibility that people might actually walk out of the theater thinking the Iraq War was just.
  • Options
    Just as a side note. I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of watching that flick, and I like Bradley cooper, thought Silver linings was a great performance....Dances about as good as Arnold Forskineater.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited January 2015
    OK, I'll bite (probably not the right term given the nickname...?), but who is Arnold Foreskineater?

I'll definitely check out the film - when it comes on demand. Previews seen looked powerful, and the passages I've read of his book were the same.

Plus Eastwood makes some damn fine films.

JimmyV, good posts. Times when I can't get my thoughts together succinctly, someone here usually does.

edit to the Talon man - Schwarzenegger? (and hey! I spelled it right on the first try)
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    BS44325 wrote: »
    The criticism of "the sniper" is really a proxy battle for what is really freaking out Michael Moore...the possibility that people might actually walk out of the theater thinking the Iraq War was just.
    well said. maybe I should watch this flick. The commercials make it seem like the sniper suffered some PTSD. Maybe there is a more human side to the film. Clint Eastwood, directed it and I don't believe he is pro-war. Anybody see the film.
    Post edited by TalonTedd on
  • Options
    brianlux wrote: »

must be nice to perch from your tree while others have your back

And how easy it is to dash of your little one liners and really have nothing of value to say.

• Options
    You nailed it hedonist. heres another.....Bigorny Beaver.
This discussion has been closed.