Options

Charlie Hebdo Paris shooting: 12 dead after gunmen storm newspaper's HQ

Comments

• Options
    callen wrote: »
    Brian: Yes agree we should let people know not to hate others but for any reason including race, ethnicity, religion, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, Rights to one’s Body, etc. Also agree many do good because of religion but is the motivation well placed….to ensure they “GET IN”?! Sure hope they picked the right God or all for waste. “The right choice is Mormon”. 

Many, including myself, are discriminated against due to believing in Science versus a made up book. Having a Christian boss that fishes for my agreement that we are blessed with our jobs/positions or when someone sneezes in our open cube farm and all the good Christians trying to shout over each other “God Bless You” and the first and loudest is the best Christian. Oh yeah they add the God part every time. Christians hate when people push their fragile belief system and will make one pay. Pretty tired of it hence my posts of late.

I believe that humans will eventually stop believing in the Bible, Koran and other holy texts. Many experts agree and religious people are becoming less and less in many places in the world. So to speed up the inevitable, I feel it is the right and prudent thing to say, “No there is no way that we all descended from “Adam and Eve and No Noah didn’t put all animals on a Boat and no the earth is not 6000 years old”. This should be screamed from the top of our lungs. To not do so is to go against humanity, and I believe sanity. Don’t “Pull Punches” tell the truth, it’s the right thing to do.

I know my position on this board will be received with disdain but as with Charlie Hebdo I’m okay with that. “I’d rather die standing than live on my Knees”.

You're probably right to some extent- people are getting smarter, but the problem for you and I is that the timeline for this event to occur is centuries away. We'll read of many more of these incidents before we turn to dust.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    Couldn't say anything yesterday when mom told me what happened...some people i know couldn't sleep at all last night ...Here we are all very sad, angry against those f****g bastards, angry because they want to silence us and kill our democraty. Today at school, we did one minute of silence, some of us were holding a pen up high and it was an emotionnal tribute for these 12 victims. Some of them were famous as Cabu and Wolinski...I know them since i was a little girl.
    I just want to say that we mustn't confuse extremists and muslims because muslims can't do and will never have this kind of behaviour. I still believe in peace, in harmony between people and the fact PJ has covered Imagine makes sense more than ever for me...
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    JesuisCharlieaussi_zps7008a007.jpg

Art is a voice which people all over the world can understand. Let the world speak out for this voice!
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Thank you for your post marilor. For someone from France to pen this post, I thank u
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    marilor wrote: »
    Couldn't say anything yesterday when mom told me what happened...some people i know couldn't sleep at all last night ...Here we are all very sad, angry against those f****g bastards, angry because they want to silence us and kill our democraty. Today at school, we did one minute of silence, some of us were holding a pen up high and it was an emotionnal tribute for these 12 victims. Some of them were famous as Cabu and Wolinski...I know them since i was a little girl.
    I just want to say that we mustn't confuse extremists and muslims because muslims can't do and will never have this kind of behaviour. I still believe in peace, in harmony between people and the fact PJ has covered Imagine makes sense more than ever for me...
    Im sorry that happened in your country
    Cabu was realy fsmous indeed...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    callen wrote: »
    Brian: Yes agree we should let people know not to hate others but for any reason including race, ethnicity, religion, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, Rights to one’s Body, etc. Also agree many do good because of religion but is the motivation well placed….to ensure they “GET IN”?! Sure hope they picked the right God or all for waste. “The right choice is Mormon”. 

Many, including myself, are discriminated against due to believing in Science versus a made up book. Having a Christian boss that fishes for my agreement that we are blessed with our jobs/positions or when someone sneezes in our open cube farm and all the good Christians trying to shout over each other “God Bless You” and the first and loudest is the best Christian. Oh yeah they add the God part every time. Christians hate when people push their fragile belief system and will make one pay. Pretty tired of it hence my posts of late.

I believe that humans will eventually stop believing in the Bible, Koran and other holy texts. Many experts agree and religious people are becoming less and less in many places in the world. So to speed up the inevitable, I feel it is the right and prudent thing to say, “No there is no way that we all descended from “Adam and Eve and No Noah didn’t put all animals on a Boat and no the earth is not 6000 years old”. This should be screamed from the top of our lungs. To not do so is to go against humanity, and I believe sanity. Don’t “Pull Punches” tell the truth, it’s the right thing to do.

I know my position on this board will be received with disdain but as with Charlie Hebdo I’m okay with that. “I’d rather die standing than live on my Knees”.

I'm on this boat too ! it's gonna be left up to humans to reject all kinds of extremist who kill in the name of their God ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    How do they know the ID found in the car belongs to one of the suspects? How do they know it wasn't planted there? It's either that, or this is one dumb MF.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    How do they know the ID found in the car belongs to one of the suspects? How do they know it wasn't planted there? It's either that, or this is one dumb MF.

Well one of the suspects has turned himself in, so he probable has confirmed the identity of the other suspects...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    See here's the thing with shit like this. The suspect that turned himself in WASNT even there. I watched wolf blitzer all morning and they said numerous times that he was in school and has people who admitted he was at school in the time of the shootings. He saw his name on social media and turned himself in. He DOES know who they are and is coperating with authorities.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    people talk so much about freedom of speech but if the satirists at CB were on this forum, they would have been banned a long time ago. just sayin.

If the choice is between allowing jerkoffs to occasionally say hateful things or blanket censorship, I VOTE FOR FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    seriously, what god demands bloodshed in his/her name?

haven't we evolved past this bullshit by now?

I would say pretty much all gods demand bloodshed

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    badbrains wrote: »
    Thank you for your post marilor. For someone from France to pen this post, I thank u
    You're welcome BB ...
    And thank you too for your nice words Dimi
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Rssesq, nice post and some here are protesting such a banning as you read this though I may move on shortly.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Yup, just look at Callen and my avatars.
  • Options
    And not for nothing but during the massacre in gaza I posted some despicable pics of dead Palestinian children that were REMOVED and I was told not to post pics like that. See how hypocrisy works in our society? I'm not trying to derail the thread, just wanted to point it out.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    10c can editoralize if they wish. Its part of the user agreement. Now the application can get a little subjective but its their site sooo......

Let's be clear here. Real clear. Freedom of speech is in no way compromised. Its just fine. 12 people on the other hand are not just fine because 2 individuals chose to exercise their speech in a very real way.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Mickey, the issue was that I was told someone flagged my pics. So in a way I was being silenced.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    Well, since the change to the new host they no longer post the link alone.
    Some of those images were too much for me. I would have preferred the warning before opening that thread.

On your post above I stated my objection openly and left it at that.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    It's nice to see that the outrage is universal today. Unfortunately to stop these attacks outrage is not enough. When Hamas committed similar atrocities on their own people in Gaza this summer many on this forum refused to acknowledge and often times defended their actions. The Hebdo killers and Hamas are the same people. They have the same ideology. As long as people excuse these killer's actions somewhere they will continue to occur everywhere.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh god, or I should say oh Allah....
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I'm late to this party, but did badbrains say he was gonna leave AMT? :-h

I'm kidding!!!!
  • Options
    I bet you'd want me to leave Scott. What an asshole. =))
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS I am calling BS on that stinky pile. This tragedy is not an excuse to express your support for Israel by linking this to the unrelated events in Gaza. Nobody here refused to recognize, and nobody defends senseless murder. That contributes nothing but swarms of flies to this discussion! :-q
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2015
    This is getting bad
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    What's getting bad PjFan?
  • Options
    What's getting bad PjFan?

I meant to type brb
    This is still getting bad. A BS troll, I agree with rgambs. What do you think
  • Options
    Ya that was an odd little post by BS, u could pretty much call it BS.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I bet you'd want me to leave Scott. What an asshole. =))

Never
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Support of Israel is irrelevant to this discussion as I specifically mentioned the actions of Hamas against it's own people. Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hamas, Boko Haram, etc, you name it...they are brothers of the same cloth. They use a distorted view of their religion to justify their end goals. What sets me off is seeing people get so outraged by the actions of Al Qaeda on this thread (allegedly these attackers were affiliated with Al Qaeda Yemen) while excusing the actions of Hamas on another or excusing the violent demonstrations by Islamists against French synagogues during the summer. These acts are being committed by the same damn people. They feed off each other. Where one succeeds another is encouraged to commit an atrocity of their own. Sorry for "trolling" this to your attention but I am just plain tired of reading the daily Massacre Thread filled with the usual selective outrage. Be outraged by it all otherwise it will just continue.