Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Charlie Hebdo Paris shooting: 12 dead after gunmen storm newspaper's HQ

11819212324

Comments

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 35,664
    rgambs wrote: »
    At just a few weeks past 29 I think I am the resident whippersnapper on the AMT.

    Yes, son, that is correct. haha!

    Regardless of age, I'm guessing most of us who frequent AMT are more culturally and politically savvy that the average person. I know that sounds a bit snobbish, but who here would deny it? :-D

    "I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore











  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,083
    You are correct rr. By child of 90's I guess I meant "coming of age in the 90's". I was born in 74 but consider myself a child of the 90's.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 23,897
    brianlux wrote: »
    rgambs wrote: »
    At just a few weeks past 29 I think I am the resident whippersnapper on the AMT.

    Yes, son, that is correct. haha!

    Regardless of age, I'm guessing most of us who frequent AMT are more culturally and politically savvy that the average person. I know that sounds a bit snobbish, but who here would deny it? :-D
    Actually, I'll admit I'm not on either front, but have learned much here, there and everywhere from those who are (or, at least, moreso than I).

    gambs, the whippersnapper...perhaps :D
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 23,897
    BS44325 wrote: »
    You are correct rr. By child of 90's I guess I meant "coming of age in the 90's". I was born in 74 but consider myself a child of the 90's.
    Interesting, the term "coming of age". I found that time of mine, that coming of age, sometime in the 90s, but I was in my 30s when it happened.

    Right time ;)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 35,664
    hedonist wrote: »
    brianlux wrote: »
    rgambs wrote: »
    At just a few weeks past 29 I think I am the resident whippersnapper on the AMT.

    Yes, son, that is correct. haha!

    Regardless of age, I'm guessing most of us who frequent AMT are more culturally and politically savvy that the average person. I know that sounds a bit snobbish, but who here would deny it? :-D
    Actually, I'll admit I'm not on either front, but have learned much here, there and everywhere from those who are (or, at least, moreso than I).

    gambs, the whippersnapper...perhaps :D

    I don't think you give yourself enough credit, H. You chime in on many subjects here on AMT and always in a well thought out manner which means you have at least some interest and knowledge of the various subjects. I honestly don't think the average person is that aware. I wish I were wrong on that! But yes, we are all learning here.

    "I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore











  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 23,897
    Well thank you, Brian! I really appreciate this.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 28,640
    40.
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 23,897
    paulonious wrote: »
    40.
    That's it? Not that I'm wise beyond my years, but let me say I think you are beyond yours.

  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 28,640
    hedonist wrote: »
    paulonious wrote: »
    40.
    That's it? Not that I'm wise beyond my years, but let me say I think you are beyond yours.

    Wow. Thanks!

    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." - Alice Walker
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ONPosts: 8,472
    rgambs wrote: »
    At just a few weeks past 29 I think I am the resident whippersnapper on the AMT.

    Think I've got you beat by a few years at 24 (25 on Saturday). I consider myself a 95-year-old at heart, however :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

    EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 23,251
    Godfather. wrote: »

    I'd like to see the link to the actual online posting from Iran or the "affiliated" website.. Instead of the x degrees of seperation you provided. A link from fox which posted a story from an online right leaning "paper" online with no source material.

    Funny how this is getting posted right before Bibi speaks to Congress with the onesided we have no blame in anything israeli opinion on US legislation. Frankly Bibi, I dont give a fuck what you think. Step up and take responsibility for the actions of your government FIRST before you weigh in on anything else. You can send the checks back too while you are at it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 23,251
    BTW, this aint got shit to do with france.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ONPosts: 8,472
    mickeyrat wrote: »
    Godfather. wrote: »

    I'd like to see the link to the actual online posting from Iran or the "affiliated" website.. Instead of the x degrees of seperation you provided. A link from fox which posted a story from an online right leaning "paper" online with no source material.

    Funny how this is getting posted right before Bibi speaks to Congress with the onesided we have no blame in anything israeli opinion on US legislation. Frankly Bibi, I dont give a fuck what you think. Step up and take responsibility for the actions of your government FIRST before you weigh in on anything else. You can send the checks back too while you are at it.

    The Fox article linked to the republished version of the article on Fars News (http://www.farsnews.com/printable.php?nn=13931105000142).

    That being said, I'd like to hear Godfather's opinion of why this is relevant on this particular thread.

    I'm in 100% agreement with you on Netanyahu: the man (and the Israeli government at large) has an opinion every country's actions, but anyone with the audacity to criticize Israeli actions is called "anti-Israeli". To me, that wreaks of deflection and refusing accountability.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

    EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Please stay on topic
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mickeyrat wrote: »
    BTW, this aint got shit to do with france.

    ? o.k

    Godfather.

  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    badbrains wrote: »
    Please stay on topic

    me ?

    Godfather.

  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ONPosts: 8,472
    Godfather. wrote: »
    badbrains wrote: »
    Please stay on topic

    me ?

    Godfather.

    And me and Mickeyrat, I assume. Unless somehow that article has any relevance whatsoever to France and the Charlie Hebdo shooting.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

    EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Don't want to have this thread locked because someone posted an article off topic.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 23,251
    edited January 2015
    He's right with that link though. Someone exercised free speech. Dirty business isnt it?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    pardon the heck right out of me, it's a dog eat dog world ....better put on your milk bone underware LOL !!!!!

    Godfather.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 23,251
    Abhorrent and dangerous content to be sure, but whos willing to stand for freedom of speech now?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited January 2015
    And to think bibi actually ran out of bombs and missles in about 4 weeks. That's fucken scary. To think someone can actually run out of bombs and missiles and ask for a re-up frightens me. Especially knowing he was ordering these bombs and missle dropped in GAZA only. Anyone know how "small" gaza is? Here's a hint, small as shit.

    Edit-but that's for an entirely diff thread.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    oki-doki fellas I get it....I would want to offend anyone.

    Godfather.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 23,251
    Godfather. wrote: »
    oki-doki fellas I get it....I would want to offend anyone.

    Godfather.

    No dude. It was right to be posted here. Since I now have come to see it as free speech as is the thread subtopic I believe.

    So are you now saying you wont stand for free speech?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 28,640
    we have subtopics now?
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I may be the minority, but I love all the crazy diversions these threads take...good fun!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 23,251
    paulonious wrote: »
    we have subtopics now?

    in this thread? yes. the matter of free speech became the dominant idea didnt it? Not the massacre?

    GF's link was along that theme imo.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs wrote: »
    I may be the minority, but I love all the crazy diversions these threads take...good fun!

    Agree.
Sign In or Register to comment.