Options

Everyone likes to hype the shows they've been too... but what's the WORST show?

October MotelOctober Motel Posts: 4
edited May 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
You can pick any show, not just ones you've been to.

It's a tough call because I don't hang onto bootlegs which have poor sound quality and/or setlists. Just checking out of the shows I have on my iPod, I'd have to say it's Boise - 2000/11/03.

There's nothing really wrong with it, it just doesn't have anything real significance about it. Well, other than my favorite alternate lyric for Spin the Black Circle - instead of "Oh my joy, only you deserve conceit", it's "I fucking hate CDs".

I hope this has been done to death. To help boost the thread, also list how many bootlegs you have.

I have 25 bootlegs, I think about 11 or 12 offical ones. I also have a bunch more waiting on my external hard drive, but I have to burn those to CD first (no, I am not pirating the offical bootlegs).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I should mention that I don't think Boise is THE worst, just the worst out of the ones on my iPod.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    i thought boise was pretty damn good....but out of the ones i have, i'll say cincinnatti '00 is my least favorite....nothing all that special, unless u were there i guess.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    long red wrote:
    i thought boise was pretty damn good....but out of the ones i have, i'll say cincinnatti '00 is my least favorite....nothing all that special, unless u were there i guess.
    I was there (cincy) and I can concur. My least favorite...
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    denver 03

albany 03
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Wow, tough question....too tough to answer I'm afraid.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    for me id say the boston 03 boot when sk came out and butchered the final 2 songs of the night
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    dthomasdthomas Posts: 99
    i said earlier that chicago 03 was the only "bad" show I've ever been to. I'm approaching 20. Even greensboro 00 was better.
    30+ Shows over 15 years
    http://www.fightingthesuburbs.com
  • Options
    tylerj1462tylerj1462 Posts: 40
    dthomas wrote:
    i said earlier that chicago 03 was the only "bad" show I've ever been to. I'm approaching 20. Even greensboro 00 was better.

I was at Chicago 03. I loved the show. Although it was my 1st PJ show and they played a lot of my favorite PJ songs (Present Tense, Down, Hail Hail, Given to Fly). But I would have to ay the overall engery of that show was nothing close to Alpine 03. THose are my only 2 shows, until tomarrow at least.
    "so this is how liberty ends, with thunderous applause"
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    I'm only going to mention shows I've been to. That being said, there really is no bad Pearl Jam show. However, Albany '03 was very underwhelming. But, in classic Pearl Jam form, they more than made up for it at Albany '06.
  • Options
    KlezPoxKlezPox Posts: 7
    Man, you are on drugs.

One of only 4 times "Dont be shy" has been played was at that show, the crowd participation call and response after daughter was off the scale, and even Pearl Jam itself thought it was great and made it one of their recommended boots for the tour.
    You can pick any show, not just ones you've been to.

It's a tough call because I don't hang onto bootlegs which have poor sound quality and/or setlists. Just checking out of the shows I have on my iPod, I'd have to say it's Boise - 2000/11/03.

There's nothing really wrong with it, it just doesn't have anything real significance about it. Well, other than my favorite alternate lyric for Spin the Black Circle - instead of "Oh my joy, only you deserve conceit", it's "I fucking hate CDs"..
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Well, other than my favorite alternate lyric for Spin the Black Circle - instead of "Oh my joy, only you deserve conceit", it's "I fucking hate CDs".

I have nothing to contribute to the WORST show, but my favorite alternate lyric for STBC was when Ed sang, "Drop, drop, dropping it down ... like a Leash yeah" from AC 10/1/05
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Melbourne 2003 was a good show it was only my 2nd show. The crowd wasn't into it at all. I guess this is why it was a shorter set than most shows (22 songs without a 2nd encore). The crowd didnt even know the singalong part to Baba! I mean what an out of touvh crowd that was. Still I got Tremor and Off He Goes so I was pleased to a point.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    KlezPox wrote:
    Man, you are on drugs.

One of only 4 times "Dont be shy" has been played was at that show, the crowd participation call and response after daughter was off the scale, and even Pearl Jam itself thought it was great and made it one of their recommended boots for the tour.

I agree. I don't see how Boise could make a list like this.

"Boise was better than you" Ed~Seattle 11/05/00

Oh, you also forgot the best version of Of the Girl EVER!

Although I maybe bias, there's no way this show is even on the bottom half of the pile.
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Options
    earlpjearlpj Posts: 34
    PJ Habit wrote:
    "Boise was better than you" Ed~Seattle 11/05/00

I believe it was something like "EVEN Boise was better than you".
    Makes the quote a bit different....
  • Options
    goat boygoat boy Posts: 8
    Detroit 2000 the band did not seem into it and neither did the fans
  • Options
    sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    for me id say the boston 03 boot when sk came out and butchered the final 2 songs of the night

you're totally right
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    people always give me shit when i say this.......but.....

Santa Barbara 2003 was the worst Pearl Jam show i have attended...

and its not even close....

I HATED that fucking show............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    The worst Pearl jam show I have ever been to was this year on June 1st. Ed tried hard and I respect him for that, but he was exhausted and it showed. He held nothing back. He is incredible but has limitations. The set list was great, but most of the songs were performed poorly in my opinion and I have been to quite a few shows to formulate this opinion. They should have played a sit down show. The slower songs were the great ones. As the show progressed so did Ed's fatigue and the quality declined. It is nothing against the band because I think they are great. I just think the first ER show lacked energy, not effort. The crowd was horrible which really hurt the band too. It was not their fault. Three shows in a row is one too many for them now.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Maybe Hartford 98. I got pepper sprayed when I was in my seat because the wind carried it down. The sound was a bit muffled. Our sears were far off in the corner. And to top it off it was a really short show. I had a blast at it like I do at all shows, but it just wasn't up to par with other shows I have seen.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    hartford 06
    easy to answer
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Get_Right wrote:
    hartford 06
    easy to answer

Yet another show I have seen get a lot of flack that I thought was awesome. The band was REALLY tight and in high spirits, and the sound was pretty good to boot.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    KlezPoxKlezPox Posts: 7
    BinFrog wrote:
    Maybe Hartford 98. I got pepper sprayed when I was in my seat because the wind carried it down. The sound was a bit muffled. Our sears were far off in the corner. And to top it off it was a really short show. I had a blast at it like I do at all shows, but it just wasn't up to par with other shows I have seen.

Hahaha, I think if you can get pepper sprayed at a show and still have a blast then you're a bigger fan than I am!

Rock on!
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    long red wrote:

I was in Cincy too, and thought it was pretty damn good. I thought the setlist was great.....Rival, Sleight of Hand, The Kids Are Alright solo by Ed, Soldier of Love, Untitled.......i really enjoyed that show, but am probably biased because I was present.

Really hard to name a worst show.....Albany 03 may of been not as up to par as others, but still had some great moments

didn't they play a show in Alabama, maybe in 03, that only like 21-22 songs, and really cold and wet?? I believe it's where they premiered One Note, and then left the stage
  • Options
    Of the shows I've been to I would say that Chicago Night 1 this year was the worst. Probably, because I have been to some great shows. But it had kind of a greatest hits feel to it. I got the boot and it is better than I remember the show being, so maybe I was just drunk or something. But, Chicago Night 2 was buy far the best show I've seen in years. It was just wierd. I was driving home after Night 1 and was like, fuck maybe I'll just stay home tomorrow.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,945
    anyways back to BOISE.

that is by far my favourite corduroy solo. its so cool sounding. very unique.

the worst show ive seen is the VANCOUVER 03 show. its tough to choose but thats the one. oh well.

i have all 72 2000 boots
    half the 2003's (anybody selling?)
    and a handful of illegal ones.
    and some burned ones.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    I guess the "worst" shows I've attended which are still better than most, but If I had to pick I'd say Toronto 2005 was my least favorite show (setlist, bono, hungover band). Toronto 1 2006 and that's only because the sound was terrible, I couldn't hear a thing, but the bootleg is great and Hartford 2006. After Toronto 2 and Albany that show was average at best.
  • Options
    I think of all the shows i've been to or heard, Heshey, PA in 03 was the "worst". It wasn't so much Pearl Jam (although Ed did get quite pissed at the girl lifting her shirt) but the crowd. Thank god the guy in front of me was celebrating his birthday and passing his gifts around. i just remember crying at the end because i was sad that was my last show for awhile and because i didn't feel the energy i had hoped to feel.
    Protecting the democracy that we ask our sons and daughters to die for is our responsibility and our trust. Demanding accountability from our leaders is our job as citizens. It's the American way. -Bruce Springsteen
  • Options
    I've been to 10 shows and the only one that I was actually dissapointed was at Little Rock, summer of 03. Very short show, horrible crowd, mediocre setlist (probably because of the crowd). But hey, still better than most shows, and that was the worst.
  • Options
    My least favorite was probably camden night 1 in 03, though that probably had more to do with the crappy experiences surrounding the show than the show itself. My traveling crew were just worn ragged by this point in the tour.
    Kerry/Edwards 04!
    I really need to update this sig.
  • Options
    For me it was Hershey 03.