Options

Regal and other theatres pull "The Interview"

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Well, some people just don't have that common sense then. They live in a bubble where they think that they can assimilate assassinations of whomever they want without recourse and use the word "comedy" as if it's an excuse to getting away with it. Kind of like that saying "There's truth behind every joke". Well, the joke's on Sony now, isn't it? As well as the ridiculous American public whining about a terrible movie that they don't get to see.

this is a comedy by seth rogen.

seth.
    rogen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    And they won't release that movie. You can bet on that.
    giphy.gif

no offense, kim jong! PLEASE---don't take offense!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Ok so first, no one knows if Kim is crazy or deranged. He's just following daddies footsteps and likely doing as instructed. It works, his people haven't revolted.

Second the US does some really bad shit so let's get off our high horse about how evil he is.

Finally as Juggler pointed out "its a comedy by Seth Rogan. Seth rogan!!!" Would of quoted but NULL!!!

Release the movie already. Like mind numbing comedies

Oh and I'll get in on the "it will be released" action. Amerika won't back down. Hell even our rednecks will go see it though it's made by the liberal media. Ahhhh Seth is bringing us together. :))
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    giphy.gif

no offense, kim jong! PLEASE---don't take offense!!!
    Should've had him doing the Z-snap!

And speaking of Kim's hair, there should be an app or something where you can superimpose his "haircut" on various people. Kind of like the celebrities without teeth or eyebrows thing.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,167
    i other news, i heard that the Empire threatened an Alderran style attack if the new star wars movie gets released...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    ^^^^^ =))
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,734
    Kat wrote: »

An interesting article, Kat. I scrolled down and found this one interesting as well:

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/19/7421535/the-real-reason-north-korea-would-hack-sony-its-not-the-interview

Not to disparage N.K. as a whole- most of the people there are poor and oppressed and I can't imagine how difficult life is there- but in some ways, this little country is like a gnat that flies around your head and you just can't seem to get a fix on it or brush it away. I find it fascinating that because of the technology of the 21st century, a country that would otherwise have little significance in the world as a whole can create such a stir.

Also a little side note- I recently read Henry Rollins book A Grim Detail in which H.R. talks about his visit to Pyongyang, DPRK. It's a fascinating (and sometimes bizarrely humorous) look at a rather unusual place.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Well, some people just don't have that common sense then. They live in a bubble where they think that they can assimilate assassinations of whomever they want without recourse and use the word "comedy" as if it's an excuse to getting away with it. Kind of like that saying "There's truth behind every joke". Well, the joke's on Sony now, isn't it? As well as the ridiculous American public whining about a terrible movie that they don't get to see.

this is a comedy by seth rogen.

seth.
    rogen.

:))
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited December 2014
    Ok.

I thought I posted the laughing face emoticon. It looks like I posted the flirtatious one. Not really sure what happened there?

Juggler... funny post.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    This is going to slow their weapons advancements down ....

th?id=HN.608020288363170803&pid=15.1&P=0
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Personally, I'm waiting for the musical.

"Springtime for Kim Jong-un"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianlux wrote: »

An interesting article, Kat. I scrolled down and found this one interesting as well:

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/19/7421535/the-real-reason-north-korea-would-hack-sony-its-not-the-interview

Not to disparage N.K. as a whole- most of the people there are poor and oppressed and I can't imagine how difficult life is there- but in some ways, this little country is like a gnat that flies around your head and you just can't seem to get a fix on it or brush it away. I find it fascinating that because of the technology of the 21st century, a country that would otherwise have little significance in the world as a whole can create such a stir.

Also a little side note- I recently read Henry Rollins book A Grim Detail in which H.R. talks about his visit to Pyongyang, DPRK. It's a fascinating (and sometimes bizarrely humorous) look at a rather unusual place.

That was a good read, thanks, and I think down the road, North Korea will be changing and eventually rejoining the world community, kind of like Cuba...which will definitely be changing. Communication and contact are the weapons of the modern age, right? :) The world is constantly changing and hopefully that will be for the better. What world leaders need to do is to walk the line so that the crazy dear leader doesn't blow things and people up before his time is up. His reach is certainly further on the internet but it didn't cause loss of life...we'll see where that goes next.
    Happy holidays, peace on earth, good will to all. :)

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Question is, when are WE gonna change Kat? ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    Question is, when are WE gonna change Kat?
    I sure do wish I had the answers. :( I can't believe the people who are voted into office. I can't believe that corporations are considered people...ah...the list is much too long. 2014 was an awful year in too many ways. I'm hoping the only way to go is up in 2015. Best of the season to you.
  • Options
    Ok.

I thought I posted the laughing face emoticon. It looks like I posted the flirtatious one. Not really sure what happened there?

Juggler... funny post.

i'm blushing
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

anybody take this guy up on this? eeeasy money. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I found it interesting that the some factions of the media are turning this into a war of words between republicans and democrats. Obama referred to the DPRK hack as "vandalism" and MCain replied with, "no, it's an act of war". Somehow I think both sides are missing the mark here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    I found it interesting that the some factions of the media are turning this into a war of words between republicans and democrats. Obama referred to the DPRK hack as "vandalism" and MCain replied with, "no, it's an act of war". Somehow I think both sides are missing the mark here.

What is the mark Brian?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

What is the mark Brian?

Realizing that it's not about sides?
  • Options

That was a good read, thanks, and I think down the road, North Korea will be changing and eventually rejoining the world community, kind of like Cuba...which will definitely be changing. Communication and contact are the weapons of the modern age, right? :) The world is constantly changing and hopefully that will be for the better. What world leaders need to do is to walk the line so that the crazy dear leader doesn't blow things and people up before his time is up. His reach is certainly further on the internet but it didn't cause loss of life...we'll see where that goes next.
    Happy holidays, peace on earth, good will to all. :)

Seeing Cuba come back into the "world community" (great way to put it!) is awesome. To see DPRK do the same would be amazing and great. When I think about a country like North Korea I day dream about how cool it would be for us to be able to connect with the average person there and say, "Hey, join the rest of the world- it's a great place- you'll love it!" I know- very idealistic but really, wouldn't it be great?!

Happy Holidays and Peace to you to Kat and all you great PJ'ers!

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    edited January 2016

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    cutz wrote: »

It actually is. The piece of shit little rundown theatre a couple blocks from my house is going to be one of only a handful in the 5 boros playing this movie.

No, I won't be going to see it, not because I'm scared of the North Koreans, but because I have zero interest in paying to see this movie. It doesn't look funny to me, and I'm a bit over Seth Rogan and James Franco's bromance. I like some of their movies, This Is The End, Pineapple Express were both funny as hell but this movie just looks dumb.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA