Options

Some facts for the Obama haters

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984

g under p said:

what a joke.
    others on here here gave a good reply and this is all you have ?

Godfather.

From your POV, to me much better than your deplorable comments in your vigilante thread.

Peace

I'm a deplorable redneck (the Clintons said so)

Godfather.

If you are using Hillary's definition of deplorable you are including yourself as a racist, misogynist, xenophobe....that was the definition that she included as "deplorable"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

what a joke.

Godfather.

simple and straightforward. sometimes that's all that is needed when presented with your usual comments.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

g under p said:

what a joke.

Godfather.

From your POV, to me much better than your deplorable comments in your vigilante thread.

Peace

I'm a deplorable redneck (the Clintons said so)

Godfather.

If you are using Hillary's definition of deplorable you are including yourself as a racist, misogynist, xenophobe....that was the definition that she included as "deplorable"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHH good grief man if you were a fish you'd be on the line.

Godfather.

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

He's a lawyer ... seems perfectly suited to hold public office...lol
    DANG !!!! I never thought about that way.....you're right ! LOL !!!
    was he disbarred ?

Godfather.

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    The President???? No. He isn't disbarred.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

lukin2006 said:

DANG !!!! I never thought about that way.....you're right ! LOL !!!
    was he disbarred ?

Godfather.

I have no clue to the status of his law degree? To me its not important ... lawyers and politics go together because they are great liars..
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    What will be Obama's lasting legacy?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    JC29856 said:

Being the first black person to be POTUS, obviously. That's a big deal.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Obamacare
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited October 2016
    lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Obamacare
    Yes, that too, assuming it or whatever it eventually morphs into works okay in the long run. That's a big IF considering the players going forward. But his efforts were gallant, anyway.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

CM189191 said:

lukin2006 said:

That's selling it a bit short:
    graduated with a JD degree magna cum laude from Harvard
    president of the Harvard Law Review
    visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School
    taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years
    11 years with law firm specializing in civil rights litigation and neighborhood economic development
    So ... he's still a lawyer who became a politician, politicians are con men. One thing that will never impress me is when people feel the need to trot out university degrees, that has no bearing on whether a person is qualified.

I shall expand upon the whether a person is qualified line before I'm flamed, I am in no way saying your POTUS isn't qualified to run the US, actually he seems perfectly capable of carrying on the same failed Middle East policies...not to mention the war mongering that apparently Americans so love in their leaders. Good job America.
    Quit busting our balls already.
    Not going to happen...

And why should I, I am more critical of my own government, and Canada as a close ally of the US tries to drag us into their conflicts...just glad Harper was not PM at the time of the Iraq invasion because he would have had us in there with you guys into the depth of hell, as it was I thought Afghanistan was bullshit that we even followed you guys there.

So when are you guys going to start holding your politicians accountable for the destruction caused with constant war...
    Like it's really just so simple as a snap of the fingers and a wink...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Obamacare
    Yes, that too, assuming it or whatever it eventually morphs into works okay in the long run. That's a big IF considering the players going forward. But his efforts were gallant, anyway.
    Obamacare which ironically was Romney care was doomed from the jump, good old Baucus made sure of that.
    To clarify I meant besides being first black prez.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I always try to think what will be in the history books in the future about the Obama presidency. Aside from being the first African American president and Obamacare, I think the Bin Laden raid will be remembered.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Obamacare
    I doubt they'll ever have universal health care, too many special interest from the insurance will surely prevent this...

I have an American cousin who has said obamacare is a joke, and he's no republican...

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    After today nobody can deny that Obamacare was anything other then an epic fail.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Obama's legacy will be outstanding..:

Obviously his race

Obamacare was a bandaid after he tried to put a cast on healthcare in this country

Bin laden and in general I think a passive'ish approach to the Middle East

The most consecutive months of job growth in this nations history

The most progressive social agenda of any president ever
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

Obama's legacy will be outstanding..:

Obviously his race

Obamacare was a bandaid after he tried to put a cast on healthcare in this country

Bin laden and in general I think a passive'ish approach to the Middle East

The most consecutive months of job growth in this nations history

The most progressive social agenda of any president ever

I saw in some major magazine in the ranking of Presidents and the President was ranked #18. GWB was #33and Nixon was #34 also if I remember correctly $ Bill Clinton was #17.

Yes you are correct his legacy will be outstanding, one of the lines from the magazine used to describe him was *cool under pressure* they should've just gone ahead and said he's grace under pressure as well.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited October 2016
    BS44325 said:

After today nobody can deny that Obamacare was anything other then an epic fail.

YES ! agreed.

Godfather.

• Options
    BS44325 said:

Yeah, I think the people who have chronic health problems that no longer face lifetime limits and denial of coverage due to pre-existing conditions will deny it pretty convincingly.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Yeah, I think the people who have chronic health problems that no longer face lifetime limits and denial of coverage due to pre-existing conditions will deny it pretty convincingly.
    aw, gambs, not common sense again. why?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Obamacare
    +1

and as we are finding out its a complete disaster just look at the numbers release...yikes!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

if they can even afford it now
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Nobody but the very richest people can afford the treatments and meds needed for most chronic conditions and everyone can afford Obamacare, if you can't, then you don't have to pay.

It is only the people who had their cake and were eating it too that are upset with the ACA. The people who weren't lucky enough to have good employer subsidized healthcare plans aren't pissing and moaning because this hasn't effected us much.
    In case you didn't know, that group includes the vast majority of small business owners that the opponents of Obamacare pay lip service to but know nothing about.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Obamacare
    I doubt they'll ever have universal health care, too many special interest from the insurance will surely prevent this...

I have an American cousin who has said obamacare is a joke, and he's no republican...
    Holy smokes! that is pretty damning.

• Options
    Smellyman said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Obamacare

LOL!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Nobody but the very richest people can afford the treatments and meds needed for most chronic conditions and everyone can afford Obamacare, if you can't, then you don't have to pay.

It is only the people who had their cake and were eating it too that are upset with the ACA. The people who weren't lucky enough to have good employer subsidized healthcare plans aren't pissing and moaning because this hasn't effected us much.
    In case you didn't know, that group includes the vast majority of small business owners that the opponents of Obamacare pay lip service to but know nothing about.
    ACA is kicking the middle class right in the balls. It has been an unmitigated failure. Exchange is opening with 1/5 the choices and a 25% premium increase. In many locations people are down to a choice of 1 provider. Those with no income really benefit. Otherwise, people are priced out. I have employer provided insurance, although I pay for my spouse. The plan has become very expensive, very high deductibles/co-pays. Have to shell out several thousands of dollars before they even start contributing. I used to be able to use my insurance. I no longer can afford to. For the majority of insureds, Obamacare is currently a clusterfuck, and even Bill Clinton agrees. Since this was supposed to be Obama's legacy, I'm not surprised he and his administration downplay the need for massive reform. I'm looking forward to President Clinton fixing this mess.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

im with you...i believe there should be something out there for people, but Obamacare wasn't thought out long term...they assumed young people would be paying into the system and they are not...they need to revisit the whole process and make it better or allow you to go across state lines and have competitive insurance

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Oh they get coverage but the question is whether they can find a doctor who is willing to accept their coverage. That number is shrinking every day.

https://www.wbez.org/shows/wbez-news/major-chicago-hospitals-not-in-2017-obamacare-plans/f55d6c23-d9b1-452f-8c75-73635bd83d07?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Web-Share
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Obamacare

Well thats my own personal experience, thats all i was commenting on...and my obamacare legacy comment was it'll either be viewed as good or bad....i didn't need for it mean more than that, so take a long walk....

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    lukin2006 said:

Smellyman said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Obamacare

Well thats my own personal experience, thats all i was commenting on...and my obamacare legacy comment was it'll either be viewed as good or bad....i didn't need for it mean more than that, so take a long walk....
    Using your own personal experience or a few other anecdotal stories to determine if ACA is a good thing or not is pretty much an argument fail.