Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Reid and McConnell are the WORST!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    riotgrl said:

Sad to say, I'm from KY and the boobs in this state reelected that douche McConnell. Typical drivel is that he's the lesser of two evils, there aren't any better choices, blah, blah, blah. Until voters get their head out of their ass things will never change. I've voted every which way, independent, republican, democrat and at the end of the day I think they are all the same. Out for number one and a slave to corporate interests. If American's could ever realize that these politicians are pandering to the beliefs of their constituents then they might quit electing and reelecting the same people, regardless of party affiliation, and start sending a real message. I'll start holding my breath now.

I agree with everything you say...including being from KY ;-)
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    know1 said:

riotgrl said:

Sad to say, I'm from KY and the boobs in this state reelected that douche McConnell. Typical drivel is that he's the lesser of two evils, there aren't any better choices, blah, blah, blah. Until voters get their head out of their ass things will never change. I've voted every which way, independent, republican, democrat and at the end of the day I think they are all the same. Out for number one and a slave to corporate interests. If American's could ever realize that these politicians are pandering to the beliefs of their constituents then they might quit electing and reelecting the same people, regardless of party affiliation, and start sending a real message. I'll start holding my breath now.

I like being from KY....except for the political and religious views around here! Are you still in KY?
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Keystone Pipeline misses by one vote.Dems may have made a big mistake on this one
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

Keystone Pipeline misses by one vote.Dems may have made a big mistake on this one

What do you mean?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    rr165892 said:

how so?

they are for alternative energy. why abandon one of the cornerstones of their platform and to the exact opposite?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    It will cost Landrieu her senate run off race.She was a big supporter.Also I think it will create more gridlock on other items they want to get done as the Rep will find a way to fuck w them.
  • Options
    I personally see both the positive and neg about the pipeline.I can say I was interested in seeing if it would have an effect on our importation numbers of Middle eastern or South American crude.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

It will cost Landrieu her senate run off race.She was a big supporter.Also I think it will create more gridlock on other items they want to get done as the Rep will find a way to fuck w them.

good riddance to her. she should have lost when she ran last time. she is a weak democrat. she pretty much asked to have her name attached to the pipeline bill that passed the house. her sponsorship of this senate bill was a hail mary attempt to save her seat, and everyone in the country knows it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    plus, the way i see it, if you run your campaign away from the president, the leader of your own party, you deserve to pay the political price for it.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

plus, the way i see it, if you run your campaign away from the president, the leader of your own party, you deserve to pay the political price for it.

That's kinda what Hillary has been doing for the last year.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    The Democrats believe they have an unbeatable coalition when it comes to Presidential elections. I think that is cocky and crazy talk. We'll find out in 2016 I guess but it is a mistake to annoint Hillary without any serious primary contenders.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    I think the next election is going to reflect a very progressive approach for the Democrats. If Warren and Sanders get involved then Hillary will go left.

It's time to put everything on the table. The GOP has gotten away with their BS long enough.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892

I think the next election is going to reflect a very progressive approach for the Democrats. If Warren and Sanders get involved then Hillary will go left.

It's time to put everything on the table. The GOP has gotten away with their BS long enough.

Exactly right. I don't understand why the Dems keep running from their base. Their base is liberal. Why is that a dirty word anymore? One of the reasons I didn't vote for Obama the second time around is that he isn't liberal enough for me. And considering how Hillary has run from her liberal roots I probably won't vote for her in 2016.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    riotgrl said:

know1 said:

riotgrl said:

I like being from KY....except for the political and religious views around here! Are you still in KY?
    Yep - sure am. Technically, I was born in Minnesota, but have lived in KY for 30 years.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    I was not surprised they won the Senate. Like a few people said before, it seems like Americans get sick of one party after a while and then vote the next party in the next election.

Shit didn't get done with the last Congress, I don't expect it to change with the incoming one. It will probably be worse now because Obama and Congress really won't want to work together.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Specially now since he just basically told congress to go fuck themselves ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....