Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    :lol: it's normally us having to stay up until the crack of dawn!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    duska3419 wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    So let's say PJ IS headlining BDO. Would that mean they'd be playing all 7 of the BDO dates? Or is it the type of festival that has a new act headlining each day?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd never ever heard of this show before, and it's a looooooong trip from New York. ;)

It is only a 1 day festival, not a multi day, so if they do play, then you can assume that they will be the headline act.

sorry, i know it's only one day in each place but i was asking if PJ would be headlining each time. But I think someone already answered that.

I know it's only 6 hours to go but I should be sleeping during that time and I am WAY too excited.

To make you certain yes they would, and would fill the last slot of each one.
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    8-)

it's mostly because i'm going to be off for the first 3 weeks of january, so i thinking about doing something crazy like going back to nz anyway as it will likely be my last chance for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. PJ touring Oz with a show in Auckland would be the perfect excuse. If they do, i could probably do something like leave after the 2nd Sydney show and be back just in time or a day late.

But i'm getting a pounding headache so will likely sleep now and set my alarm for announcement time :twisted:

It's worth mentioning I've got a soft spot for islands. Most people know that Manhattan is an island but what many fail to realize is that it separates the island of long island (which Brooklyn & queens are in fact, on) from the the main landmass of the United states. I've spent my whole life on one big ass island which may account for that soft spot :)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    duska3419 wrote:
    8-)

it's mostly because i'm going to be off for the first 3 weeks of january, so i thinking about doing something crazy like going back to nz anyway as it will likely be my last chance for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. PJ touring Oz with a show in Auckland would be the perfect excuse. If they do, i could probably do something like leave after the 2nd Sydney show and be back just in time or a day late.

But i'm getting a pounding headache so will likely sleep now and set my alarm for announcement time :twisted:

It's worth mentioning I've got a soft spot for islands. Most people know that Manhattan is an island but what many fail to realize is that it separates the island of long island (which Brooklyn & queens are in fact, on) from the the main landmass of the United states. I've spent my whole life on one big ass island which may account for that soft spot :)

There is a chance PJ may not play Auckland Big Day Out .. NZ sometimes has a different lineup to the Australian BDO's. PJ skipped NZ on the 2003 and 2006 tours and Eddie skipped NZ during his solo tour in 2011. :?

4 hours 10 minutes.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    8-)

There is a chance PJ may not play Auckland Big Day Out .. NZ sometimes has a different lineup to the Australian BDO's. PJ skipped NZ on the 2003 and 2006 tours and Eddie skipped NZ during his solo tour in 2011. :?

4 hours 10 minutes.

haha if they skip NZ again I'm going to cry and then burn all my Pearl jam records.
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    E.K wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    8-)

4 hours 10 minutes.
    Don't say it EK! Don't say it! 36_20_21.gif Hopefully they'll follow Soundgarden's lead in 2012 & do the Auckland/NZ leg of the trip.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    My problem is that tickets for BDO go on sale tomorrow. So we wont know if there are side shows or if we should buy tickets. And if they don't do side shows, I might go to more than 1 :?
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Red_Dot wrote:
    My problem is that tickets for BDO go on sale tomorrow. So we wont know if there are side shows or if we should buy tickets. And if they don't do side shows, I might go to more than 1 :?

I would assuming there are no side shows
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    8-)

4 hours 10 minutes.
    Don't say it EK! Don't say it! 36_20_21.gif Hopefully they'll follow Soundgarden's lead in 2012 & do the Auckland/NZ leg of the trip.
    I'm saying yes they with do Auckland.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    8-)

morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:

4 hours 10 minutes.
    I'm saying yes they with do Auckland.
    Thanks honey. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    good grief. i'm probably the only one hoping the rumours are false huh?
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    doompony wrote:
    good grief. i'm probably the only one hoping the rumours are false huh?

Not the only one :o
  • Options
    BDO 2014 Roll Call thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=214414

Who is coming to a show or two?
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    goddamn it. looks like i'm schlepping my sorry broke ass up to auckland.
  • Options
    Looks like I'll be sweating my little arse off at the Gold Coast Big Day out on January 19, 2014. :shock: :)
  • Options
    I think I'm going to vomit. Part of me thought that this just wasn't true.
    omg.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    :think:
    wah
  • Options
    NZ announcement pretty much the same except replace some names that i've never heard of with some names of bands from nz that i've never heard of (plus the phoenixfoundation..whhooo)
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    Tickets purchased.
  • Options
    Auckland BDO tix DONE! :D
    <hr>
  • Options
    PaulDPaulD Posts: 6
    I got a couple of Melbourne BDO tickets. Can't say I'm thrilled about the prospect of having to hang around at Flemington racecourse all day/afternoon though. I've only been once, in 2008. My main memory (apart from Billy Bragg who was ace) was being stunned at the bar areas - concrete carparks with hurricane fencing around them! Nice atmosphere guys...

Still, it is PJ so I know I'll be happy by the end of the night :D
  • Options
    Gold Coast tickets purchased this morning through the 10 club pre-sale. Easy peasy. 8-)
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    That was really easy. Thanks 10C!

Sydney x2
    Melbourne
    Perth

All purchased with ease :D
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    TrudstarTrudstar Posts: 111
    I got a ticket to Melbourne BDO, can't wait.. :D
    1995 Melbourne, 1998 Melbourne, 2003 Melbourne, 2006 Melbourne, 2009 Melbourne.
  • Options
    I purchased tickets for every show from Auckland through Sydney 2. :D
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Pretty easy to purchase tickets. Got my Perth pair for Big Day Out.

I was able to find the money required super fast inside my mattress...

Good job Tenclub, only gripe was the notice period haha :) that is all..
  • Options
    i take it the site didn't crash for the aussies? ha ha. i totally freaked out my workmates by panicking like an idiot.
  • Options
    Don't forget to jump over here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=214414
    And let everyone know what shows you will be attending and I can add you to the roll call for the event. :)
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    vital5 wrote:
    Pretty easy to purchase tickets. Got my Perth pair for Big Day Out.

I was able to find the money required super fast inside my mattress...

Good job Tenclub, only gripe was the notice period haha :) that is all..

:lol:

pretty quick huh.. announcement, then BANG, 12hrs later hello Mr VISA :lol:
    wah
  • Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Yesss! Finally I am back to the land of internet! And I can come here and say FUCK YEA! But tell me where is the announcement about Pearl Jam at BDO? And how did you get tickets? I thought they didnt go on sale until August 12? Two hour set at each show people!!