Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    Ty wrote:
    A friend from Triple M just told me it is PJ.

PJ tour or headlining BDO?
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    pearl jam at bdo would eat a bag of dicks.

i'd probably still go though. 8-)
  • Options
    what's this about QOTSA??? that'd be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaadassssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

UNLESS they played by themselves somewhere else. then there's no way i'd set foot in the clusterfuck that is BDO.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    doompony wrote:
    doompony wrote:

UNLESS they played by themselves somewhere else. then there's no way i'd set foot in the clusterfuck that is BDO.
    :lol::lol:
    I can't stand the Big Day Out but i will be there for PJ.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Ok it was Muse

Boring

The last million announcements I've been excited about have been boring. Ahh.
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Ty wrote:
    A friend from Triple M just told me it is PJ.

Your friend was lying then .. or you were. Last night''s tour announcement by Triple M and Frontier Touring was Muse.

The latest rumour is that Pearl Jam and Blur are headlining the Big Day Out. Two more weeks until we find out whether that is true or not. :corn:
  • Options
    where do these rumours come from? someone says "hey it could be pearl jam?" and someone else tells something.

and then they tell someone.

and then they tell someone.
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    We will all just have to wait until 31st July for BDO announcement.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Miss ColadaMiss Colada Posts: 167
    I have gone to a few BDO on & off over the last couple of years. I always have fun but i would prefer that PJ didn't play it, selfish but i don't want a festival setlist. If there are sideshows, BDO acts don't tend to do that many :(
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    I do not expect PJ to do sideshows if they are announced on the BDO lineup.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    I am looking to be visiting Oz early next year(lots of planning to do) It would be great to see PJ while over there. I am hoping thy do their own shows but if not does BDO do day passes?

Also if they are unable to play side-shows does that extend to New Zealand or could they still do shows there?

Thanks
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I am looking to be visiting Oz early next year(lots of planning to do) It would be great to see PJ while over there. I am hoping thy do their own shows but if not does BDO do day passes?

Also if they are unable to play side-shows does that extend to New Zealand or could they still do shows there?

Thanks
    I agree with Princess Bulldozer that it's unlikely PJ will play sideshows if they do the BDO festivals.

In answer to your questions BDO is all about day passes, I'm unsure what you mean. If you mean is it cheaper to get half day passes then in my experience no, there are no cheaper 1/2 day passes. If they don't do sideshows in Australia it's even less likely they'll do sideshows in NZ, small population & all.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:

Thanks
    I agree with Princess Bulldozer that it's unlikely PJ will play sideshows if they do the BDO festivals.

In answer to your questions BDO is all about day passes, I'm unsure what you mean. If you mean is it cheaper to get half day passes then in my experience no, there are no cheaper 1/2 day passes. If they don't do sideshows in Australia it's even less likely they'll do sideshows in NZ, small population & all.

Thanks. So it is just day passes rather than a 3 day camping type festival? I suppose the name kind of gives that away actually! Thanks for the info.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    morello wrote:

Thanks

Thanks. So it is just day passes rather than a 3 day camping type festival? I suppose the name kind of gives that away actually! Thanks for the info.
    Yep, it's a one day festival not a 3 day camping kind of thing.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    I see no point really in talking about the Big Day Out or making plans until the lineup is officially announced on July 31st.

And if Pearl Jam is on the lineup ........

Then we can PANIC!!!

:lol:
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    I see no point really in talking about the Big Day Out or making plans until the lineup is officially announced on July 31st.

And if Pearl Jam is on the lineup ........

Then we can PANIC!!!

:lol:

E.K, I'd get your panic hat ready.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    doompony wrote:
    what's this about QOTSA??? that'd be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaadassssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

QOTSA here early next year, no festivals, or so they said themselves some time back
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    every year we have this bdo rumour. every year. if it turns out to be true i would be so disappointed. i wouldn't be all "oh yay pj are coming!" i'd be all "fucking bdo sucks nuts. worst. clusterfuck. ever."

and then sulk.
  • Options
    im almost certain Pearl Jam will not play bdo,again. so think we are safe
  • Options
    Hmm, i think it might be best to assume they're playing and then be pleasantly relieved that they're not... did that make sense :roll: :o:lol:
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
  • Options
    NUTS I TELLS YA
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    NUTS I TELLS YA

Nuts? Me? :o Well i am on my way esp after my computer decided to send an out of office reply to everyone multiple times today and to me too. A motherfn cluster**** :fp:
    I will be very sad if they don't play solo shows :cry:
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
  • Options
    i would be sad also. i would be doubley sad if they did the ol' leave nz off the tour trick.. like we wouldn't notice!
  • Options
    mothertrucker. i think my mind is playing tricks on me. i can't tell if i'm feeling earthquakes or if i'm just swaying because i'm expecting more earthquakes.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    mothertrucker. i think my mind is playing tricks on me. i can't tell if i'm feeling earthquakes or if i'm just swaying because i'm expecting more earthquakes.

Oh stay safe - sorry to hear so many earthquakes are hitting you guys. I'm sure the guys wouldn't dare skip NZ, for heaven's sake, your furry friend made the mag, obviously he will have quiet words with the guys if things go awry ;)
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
  • Options
    i woke up multiple times in the night thinking we were having more eqs but then checked my phone for the geonet app and nothing. just dreaming them. i honest to god dunno how christchurch people didn't go mad.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    doompony wrote:
    every year we have this bdo rumour. every year. if it turns out to be true i would be so disappointed. i wouldn't be all "oh yay pj are coming!" i'd be all "fucking bdo sucks nuts. worst. clusterfuck. ever."

and then sulk.
    When was the last time you went to the resurrected BDO at Western Springs?
  • Options
    I'd actually be happy to see PJ at BDO, of course if I could choose i'd pick a proper show but I reckon BDO will be awesome at Western Springs in Auckland, its a beautiful place to go to a concert. I'll just be happy if they come here. The thing is, if they do the BDO tour they'll have to come here, if they do a normal tour they could easily miss out NZ like they have most times...
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    6 days and some of us might be happy/relieved and some of us might be doing this :nono: .
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson