Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony wrote:
    mikey's in here with me in the office. he likes it in here because he can watch the birdies. but he likes being in the spare room too because it makes him feel closer to you (closer to the person.. closer to the person.. )

HAPPY VAGINA DAY

I try to make every day Vagina Day! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    that's what he said!
  • Options
    14 years tonight since i first saw pearl jam live.. after loving them for more than 3 and missing the shows in 95 :( due to mah yoofullness
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I created a thread for this, but just thought i'd mention that PJ20 will be premiering on Max TV :) .

PEARL JAM TWENTY
    SPECIAL EVENT
    AUSTRALIAN TV PREMIERE – Tuesday 13 March 8.30pm
    Encore Sunday 18 March at 9pm

http://www.maxtv.com.au/pages/main-menu/max-tv/shows/pearl-jam-twenty
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
  • Options
    The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    E.K wrote:
    Thank you - reading it now, getting nervously excited! I need time to save.
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    -Emma- wrote:
    I created a thread for this, but just thought i'd mention that PJ20 will be premiering on Max TV :) .

PEARL JAM TWENTY
    SPECIAL EVENT

Interesting, NZ premiered this before Australia?
  • Options
    The Oracle wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Thank you - reading it now, getting nervously excited! I need time to save.

No need to save unless you're planning on flying to Europe this year for the EV solo shows.

We are happy to announce that Eddie Vedder will bring his solo show to Europe for the first time this summer with a limited four-city run. The shows kick off in Amsterdam on July 25th and wrap up with a performance at Sudoeste Festival in Portugal on August 3rd.

July 25 – Amsterdam, Holland at Carre Theatre
    July 26 - Amsterdam , Holland at Carre Theatre
    July 28 – Manchester, United Kingdom at the 02 Apollo Manchester
    July 30 – London, United Kingdom at HMV Apollo Hammersmith
    August 3 – Zambujeira Do Mar, Portugal at Sudoeste Festival TMN
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    -Emma- wrote:

PEARL JAM TWENTY
    SPECIAL EVENT

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up, just set it to record. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Ahhhh well....better luck next tweet, kiwi's and aussie's....

:|
  • Options
    The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    Bugger :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    reaaaally wanna see Prince, cannot justify a trip east at the mo :?

anyone else going?
    wah
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090

anyone else going?
    If I get tickets tomorrow, I'll be going to Melbourne I guess. ANyone heard if there'll be second shows?
  • Options
    Argh! Ticketek was so busy! And I had to enter the captcha thing 3 times before I got it right! Still, got a couple of tickets in the lower bowl, Section 8 so happy enough.
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    bazzer wrote:
    Argh! Ticketek was so busy! And I had to enter the captcha thing 3 times before I got it right! Still, got a couple of tickets in the lower bowl, Section 8 so happy enough.

I had 2 tickets!

Pressed go to payment. 2 minutes later it crashed LOST THE TICKETS AND CANT GET BACK IN!
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    I thought the same thing happened after I entered my CC details and it said an error occurred. Luckily it kept them in the cart? I guess you weren't so lucky. :(

I was a bit bummed out it took me so long to get through the process (i.e. my tickets weren't as good as they could have been) but I guess I should just be happy to have tickets at all!
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    Just tried for second sydney show. pressed it exactly 9.30 and it still is coming up with errors and wont get me tickets!
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options

anyone else going?

Tried for Prince Brisbane tickets in Silver section (the $99 ones) yesterday morning and missed out due to the Ticketek clusterf*ck. I'm not prepared to pay $179, $350 or $450 a ticket. There are still $179 tickets available so will just wait it out and see if they get reduced. Someone was saying that if all the tickets don't sell, they reduce the price just before the show.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

anyone else going?
    If I get tickets tomorrow, I'll be going to Melbourne I guess. ANyone heard if there'll be second shows?

spewin' !

yeh EK i won't pay that much either... i would say shame on no rAd gig but bazzer.. you take the cake ;):o
    wah
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

anyone else going?

spewin' !

yeh EK i won't pay that much either... i would say shame on no rAd gig but bazzer.. you take the cake ;):o

There is a 12 day break between the Brisbane show (May 18) and he third Melbourne show (May 30) so I think Adelaide and/or Perth could definitely be a possibility.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

anyone else going?

spewin' !

Huh? What did I do?
  • Options
    i meant you're furthest in terms of travel...

yup EK, maybe. :)
    wah
  • Options

It's just over the ditch, mate! ;)
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

It's just over the ditch, mate! ;)

A second Brisbane Prince show was announced last week. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10 am. :)
  • Options
    Can any of you guys do me a favour?

I made a bit of a mistake when I popped into JB Hifi in Melbourne yesterday. They had this 5 CD boxset of Prince albums (Prince Original Album Series) that I tried getting here before the show but it got delayed and hadn't come out yet.

Unfortunately, we were in a bit of a hurry to get the SkyBus to the airport so I flagged it and figured I'd pick it up back here since it is out now. It's actually been pulled from sale for legal reasons, so JB Hifi in Australia aren't meant to be selling it and JB Hifi NZ aren't selling it at all.

If someone is passing by a JB Hifi (probably they all have them, the one I was in was the DFO South Wharf one) sometime and wants to pop in and see if they have it that would be great. I don't know what shipping to NZ would be for a CD (it's 5CD but they are just in cardboard sleeves and an outer box so about the same size as a regular CD) but I guess it shouldn't be too much. Maybe $8 for an air mail parcel post, probably less if it will squeeze under 20mm to be eligible for letter rates (not sure of the weight).

I can pay via paypal once I know how much it will be. Shouldn't be more than $20 but someone online said JB were selling them for as little as $10 which would be really great! Anyway, let me know if you can help out. Otherwise, I might send a few people message on facebook with the same request...
  • Options
    touuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur

(somewhere else)
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    touuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur

(somewhere else)

Definitely no Aus/NZ tour this year with the way things are going. Early next year maybe? :corn:
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    bazzer wrote:

I made a bit of a mistake when I popped into JB Hifi in Melbourne yesterday. They had this 5 CD boxset of Prince albums (Prince Original Album Series) that I tried getting here before the show but it got delayed and hadn't come out yet.

Unfortunately, we were in a bit of a hurry to get the SkyBus to the airport so I flagged it and figured I'd pick it up back here since it is out now. It's actually been pulled from sale for legal reasons, so JB Hifi in Australia aren't meant to be selling it and JB Hifi NZ aren't selling it at all.

If someone is passing by a JB Hifi (probably they all have them, the one I was in was the DFO South Wharf one) sometime and wants to pop in and see if they have it that would be great. I don't know what shipping to NZ would be for a CD (it's 5CD but they are just in cardboard sleeves and an outer box so about the same size as a regular CD) but I guess it shouldn't be too much. Maybe $8 for an air mail parcel post, probably less if it will squeeze under 20mm to be eligible for letter rates (not sure of the weight).

I can pay via paypal once I know how much it will be. Shouldn't be more than $20 but someone online said JB were selling them for as little as $10 which would be really great! Anyway, let me know if you can help out. Otherwise, I might send a few people message on facebook with the same request...

Have u checked JB online....??
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

Have u checked JB online....??
    Yeah, they pulled it from their online store but they have (had?) them in store. :(
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    Ben Harper anyone?