Options

No Code / Yield Box Set

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880

just under 3 weeks to the next newsletter maybe there will be an announcement then

I hope so. Praise jebus!!!!!

For them to play No Code & then Yield completely LIVE, maybe it's an advertising push / tease for their upcoming reissues via vinyl / cd box sets, to get fans of old & new to stay tuned. And maybe include both show's via Blu-ray/DVD in their upcoming No Code / Yield Box Sets. O:-) *drools

BUT .. if they do play Binaural or let's go nuts & say Lost Dogs completely on October 22th in Denver, I believe the world will totally explode.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    edited October 2014
    I don't think including readily available 2014 bootlegs in the reissue is going to happen. Not sure why people think this is a definite. They should honor Mighty Jack's period and keep it in line with the other reissues. To think they would include these in the reissue to me seems disrespectful to the man who drummed on both records.
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

I don't think including readily available 2014 bootlegs in the reissue is going to happen. Not sure why people think this is a definite. They should honor Mighty Jack's period and keep it in line with the other reissues. To think they would include these in the reissue to me seems disrespectful to the man who drummed on both records.

As much as I was caught up in the thought that they could include the Moline & Milwaukee shows in future reissues, I have to agree with you. Shows from the No Code/Yield Eras would be more appropriate. Would still like to get the full album performances on vinyl though!

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

If they had just played one of the albums I'd be inclined to agree. But playing both just seems too weird, too coincidental. Maybe they'll just include the albums songs on vinyl, cd or dvd and not the rest of the sets from the 2 shows? When pre-ordering Springsteen's 'High Hopes' this year that came with a dvd of the Born In The USA album played in its entirety from the London 2013 show but the dvd was just the Born In The USA tracks and not the rest of set.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    boyo79 said:

If they had just played one of the albums I'd be inclined to agree. But playing both just seems too weird, too coincidental. Maybe they'll just include the albums songs on vinyl, cd or dvd and not the rest of the sets from the 2 shows? When pre-ordering Springsteen's 'High Hopes' this year that came with a dvd of the Born In The USA album played in its entirety from the London 2013 show but the dvd was just the Born In The USA tracks and not the rest of set.

That's a good point Ian. I wouldn't mind a super duper deluxe with an old show and these shows.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    They might not know for sure yet what they plan to do with all the recorded footage from the last two years. There could be all sorts of ideas being kicked around, including everything mentioned here. Having two (potentially three) classic albums played in their entirety and recorded in hi def leaves them with a ton of options.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    demetrios said:

BUT .. if they do play Binaural or let's go nuts & say Lost Dogs completely on October 22th in Denver, I believe the world will totally explode.

they could/might do a rarities set which would blow people's minds, but they would never do all of Lost Dogs...too many songs they have never played and I don't see them playing.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Nami said:

fuck would love would both box sets.... but can you imagine the shipping on those things? Be at least a $500-600 order before xmas.

Hate to be negative but im not a morning person....lol

I don't think that's negative, I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking more along the lines of I sure hope they get a decent shipping method for us international folks.

Doesn't take away from being stoked about a potential boxset, but it is reality.

"Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    I agree about explosions happening....for me, it would be a DVD/BlueRay of the albums pieced together from old school shows to go along with the other awesome box set goodies.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    BinFrog said:

demetrios said:

they could/might do a rarities set which would blow people's minds, but they would never do all of Lost Dogs...too many songs they have never played and I don't see them playing.
    The thing is they have a good percentage of the audience that want to see the hits, so they have to balance the setlist to try and satisfy both contingents.....I mean even last night saw the entire yield album and then the first encore was SBM, Just Breathe, small town, porch, Jeremy....tracks for the masses........
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    After the first night I didn't think much about it. After the second night you start to think maybe they need some bonus stuff for a box set. Like a DVD or Vinyl of just those songs live.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,961
    Since the bootlegs will be out by the end of november i think that the shows will be available as part of the boxset but as DVD/Blu ray. it doesnt make sense to have the bootlegs out and then put them on the boxset , since A LOT of people will buy the bootlegs when they are out.
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    just_one said:

Since the bootlegs will be out by the end of november i think that the shows will be available as part of the boxset but as DVD/Blu ray. it doesnt make sense to have the bootlegs out and then put them on the boxset , since A LOT of people will buy the bootlegs when they are out.

There's no guarantee these will be released as a bootleg and even if it is, and then they offer it on vinyl and/or DVD/Bluray, we're gonna buy it. Who are we kidding.

:)

92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options

boyo79 said:

That's a good point Ian. I wouldn't mind a super duper deluxe with an old show and these shows.
    I wonder if they are short of footage from the Jack Irons era? Maybe they don't have any/enough decent video & soundboard that they would consider worthy of putting in a release so thought they'd sort that by doing something special and playing the albums in their entirety now.

I also wonder how far in advance did they plan to play the albums? Was it a spur of the moment thing? I kinda thought it was odd releasing the bootleg schedule before the tour finished - imagine if Moline and Milwaukee got dropped from the boots now to be saved for a reissue package!

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    scurtis said:

Nami said:

fuck would love would both box sets.... but can you imagine the shipping on those things? Be at least a $500-600 order before xmas.

Hate to be negative but im not a morning person....lol

I don't think that's negative, I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking more along the lines of I sure hope they get a decent shipping method for us international folks.

Doesn't take away from being stoked about a potential boxset, but it is reality.

hope so too.... just concerned as Vault 4 was no where near the weight of a boxset (comparing it to the prior 2 released) and the freight was more than half the cost.... $38.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    boyo79 said:

I also wonder how far in advance did they plan to play the albums? Was it a spur of the moment thing? I kinda thought it was odd releasing the bootleg schedule before the tour finished - imagine if Moline and Milwaukee got dropped from the boots now to be saved for a reissue package!

I was wondering the same. I'd love to have vinyl or video from a show I attended! Bring on those box sets!

• Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I kinda thought it was odd releasing the bootleg schedule before the tour finished - imagine if Moline and Milwaukee got dropped from the boots now to be saved for a reissue package!

Nooooooo!!!!!! :((
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    I guess it was the Stone Gossard & Mason Jennings vinyl that was hitting the shop.
  • Options

I guess it was the Stone Gossard & Mason Jennings vinyl that was hitting the shop.

No chance they'd announce reissue boxsets yet - or even details. For example, if it's video footage from Moline and Milwaukee they were to include, they'll be wanting to edit the footage first. Vinyl, they'd want to mix it and then press. I'd call the December newsletter the earliest we hear anything.

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,874
    If there is a boxset coming out I will probably do what I did last time- just buy the re-released albums on their own. Looking forward to this happening, and hopefully soon.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    5.1 SACD please!!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    you were right, stone split 7" is on the shop right now...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    It's been a while since we had a Tuesday sale @ the 10club store. It's usually a 10th of the month or bootleg/poster Wendesday jam.

So this Tuesday we get this 7" single from Stone. Maybe the next 10club PJ 7" single will be Mike's Music to Film 10club edition signed by Mike? http://www.amazon.com/Music-Film-Mike-McCready/dp/B00O4CW4UO/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1413739606&sr=1-1&keywords=mike+mccready O:-)
  • Options
    JF241710JF241710 Atlanta Posts: 92
    was thinking the same thing when i heard about the shows. 1996-1998. can't wait.
    liveon4legs.com
    co-host, Live on 4 Legs Podcast
    9/1/98 Atlanta, 9/22/12 Atlanta, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 10/14/14 Memphis, 4/13/16 Jax, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/21/16 Columbia, 8/20-22/16 Wrigley, Nashville/Louisville/St. Louis 2022
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited October 2014

Ed has been dressed exactly the same for the past few shows. That says dvd to me.

I don't understand this logic at all. Why would they try to make a bunch of different shows look like the same show on a DVD? Especially when the rest of the band is not wearing the same thing every night?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    PJ_Soul said:

Ed has been dressed exactly the same for the past few shows. That says dvd to me.

I don't understand this logic at all. Why would they try to make a bunch of different shows look like the same show on a DVD? Especially when the rest of the band is not wearing the same thing every night?
    Pretty sure that is what Eddie did for Water On The Road. That was two Washington DC performances made to look like one.

Good point though about the rest of the band. Doesn't make much sense if only Eddie hasn't changed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Good point though about the rest of the band. Doesn't make much sense if only Eddie hasn't changed.

There are other people in this band?
    :-O

My wife watches EV all of the show and I (lightly) pick on her for it. (Hey, if Jessica Alba was the lead singer I would probably have the same take this as she does...)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    They have an original copy of No Code at my local record store today.
    They wanted $150 plus 12% tax. So like $175 or so CDN.
    Good thing I already have one otherwise I probably would have bought it.

I'll be buying the box set as well. ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Does anyone else think that they'll be waiting for the 20th anniversary in 2016 for the reissue?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.