Options

Ebola

1235»

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    if i had a television set i'd shut it off, but beings i don't own a television set, i can't just turn it off anytime i feel like turning it off

:-t
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,914
    So ebola trumps isis?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    the coverage is ridiculous...blow it all up and demonize the players involved..typical american media coverage.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,764
    Eventually it will sprout wings and, like the bird flu, will fly away.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    This worries me. If it is true riding subways and such. He should know better as a doctor. Look there are tons more that can kill me, but AIDS did not start big either.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/doctor-treated-ebola-patients-rushed-bellevue-fever-article-1.1984941?google_editors_picks=true

Dr. Craig Spencer, who recently returned from disease-wracked West African country Guinea after working with Doctors Without Borders, hit the lanes in Williamsburg and used the subway - the No. 1, A and L trains - and Uber taxis to get around, sources said. The shocking revelation that Spencer was roaming around town — after first telling authorities he self-quarantined himself — emerged after the 33-year-old was hauled off to Bellevue Hospital in a protective suit with symptoms of the deadly disease.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    As your garden-variety schlub, even I know better.

It's great that protocol was followed but from what I read, Spencer dropped the ball. Don't get me wrong; I appreciate his work, but exercise some responsibility for fuck's sake.

And then there's this: "New Yorkers who have not been exposed are not at all at risk"

Thanks, Capt. Obvious.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/health/ebola-nurse/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

" (CNN) -- Nina Pham was the first person to catch Ebola on U.S. soil, and now, 13 days after testing positive, she has been declared free of the deadly disease. "

So they aren't saying 'cured'... but they are implying it. I thought there was no cure?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    FrankieG said:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/health/ebola-nurse/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

" (CNN) -- Nina Pham was the first person to catch Ebola on U.S. soil, and now, 13 days after testing positive, she has been declared free of the deadly disease. "

So they aren't saying 'cured'... but they are implying it. I thought there was no cure?

It's my understanding that a healthy immune system can fight off the disease. Once you beat the disease, you should be immune to it, no?