Options

2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 606
    Honestly last night just pissed me off because it shows how badly the coaches fucked up the first 4 games. But it was nice to finally win again. Plus I’m still a huge Fields believer so to see him play so well the last couple games has been wonderful. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    ZoSoTim said:
    Honestly last night just pissed me off because it shows how badly the coaches fucked up the first 4 games. But it was nice to finally win again. Plus I’m still a huge Fields believer so to see him play so well the last couple games has been wonderful. 

Yep.  It's amazing how horrible Fields looked the first 3 weeks and how good he has been the past 2 weeks.  It turns out getting the ball to your biggest weapon DJ Moore on a regular basis is good for the offense.  What a concept!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    To me

teams Like Steelers, Packers, Bears, Patriots ( few more i bet)  have long standing systems on how they want to operate in general, offensive philosophies that never change...no matter the coaches, what year it is etc......but Last night showed, hey lets be dynamic and play how football is played these days....you need explosive plays ....cant just live with 3-4 yd gains and hope to survive games.....league  has changed
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    And...flipped Claypool for a 7th round pick in 25.  :lol:    

Hope it comes out that this kid was on crack or something.  Otherwise, this is baffling.  Watching some of that game last night, and seeing Claypool in Pitt, I am thinking he must have done something awful to not be playing.
    We will see what Miami gets from him.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    And...flipped Claypool for a 7th round pick in 25.  :lol:    

Hope it comes out that this kid was on crack or something.  Otherwise, this is baffling.  Watching some of that game last night, and seeing Claypool in Pitt, I am thinking he must have done something awful to not be playing.
    We will see what Miami gets from him.  
    Yep just an awful trade to give up a 2nd rounder for him.  The fact that the Steelers were willing to get rid of him should have been a warning sign.  Sounds like the dude was just an asshole the entire time he was here.  Showing up late to meetings, clearly not trying to block or run good routes.  Shocked that Poles was able to get anything for him at this point.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    weird too...Hes A Notre Dame guy, isnt Chicago like Heaven if you went to ND

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Kid looked good.
  • Options
    Bagent was fine yesterday but if anyone thinks he’s the long term answer then I don’t know what to tell you. The big difference yesterday was the OL and not coincidentally the ability to run the ball. I mean they had to bring Peterman in to attempt a 60 yard Hail Mary at the end of the first half. If Bagent can’t make that throw he’s no starting QB in the NFL. 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,457
    ZoSoTim said:
    Bagent was fine yesterday but if anyone thinks he’s the long term answer then I don’t know what to tell you. The big difference yesterday was the OL and not coincidentally the ability to run the ball. I mean they had to bring Peterman in to attempt a 60 yard Hail Mary at the end of the first half. If Bagent can’t make that throw he’s no starting QB in the NFL. 
    Did you mean Norm Peterson? No, Norm Peterman is collecting unemployment benefits.

Anyway that's hilarious they brought in the backup QB to throw a Hail Mary.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    He's not starter quality (....yet), but considering it being his first start ever, who he is and where he came from, he's performance yesterday was pretty admirable.  I doubt Fields will be able to start on Sunday, so the sample size for Bagent will increase.  I don't buy coach's reasoning for not letting him throw that hail mary, or even why they brought Peterman in at the end to clock it.  If you look at Bagent's college tape, he can def make that throw.  I'm 99% certain the coach didn't want him to make a big mistake with that play (strip sack, hit while he's throwing it for INT, etc)  he did both of those very things the week before.  I just don't think they trust him fully.  Not letting Bagent run out the clock to be on the field for his first win was also a semi-bitch move by the HC.  
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    Did you mean Norm Peterson? No, Norm Peterman is collecting unemployment benefits.

Great Cheers reference! Greatest sitcom of all time. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:

Yay somebody got it!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:

Yay somebody got it!
    That episode is one of my favorites. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:

Yay somebody got it!
    And you're clearly a Zep-Head like me. I hope you got to a Temple of the Dog show where they played Achilles Last Stand - what a moment.

• Options
    mca47 said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    He's not starter quality (....yet), but considering it being his first start ever, who he is and where he came from, he's performance yesterday was pretty admirable.  I doubt Fields will be able to start on Sunday, so the sample size for Bagent will increase.  I don't buy coach's reasoning for not letting him throw that hail mary, or even why they brought Peterman in at the end to clock it.  If you look at Bagent's college tape, he can def make that throw.  I'm 99% certain the coach didn't want him to make a big mistake with that play (strip sack, hit while he's throwing it for INT, etc)  he did both of those very things the week before.  I just don't think they trust him fully.  Not letting Bagent run out the clock to be on the field for his first win was also a semi-bitch move by the HC.  
    Came on here to say that the sports card community went apey over this Bagent guy...  Well they also went crazy for Fields too and we see where that is going...
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:

Yay somebody got it!
    And you're clearly a Zep-Head like me. I hope you got to a Temple of the Dog show where they played Achilles Last Stand - what a moment.
    Flew from Dallas to LA to see them at The Forum. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:

Yay somebody got it!
    Whoa - I saw them 3 miles from my house.

• Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:

Yay somebody got it!
    I wish I would have had that option. Lol. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:

Yay somebody got it!
    I wish I would have had that option. Lol. 
    Yeah I just didn't have a ticket. Found one a few hours before the show. The guys next to me were from Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. I'm like, yeah I just jumped on the trolley.

• Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    hey Bears - could you maybe tackle somebody? my fantasy football opponent has justin herbert :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    hey Bears - could you maybe tackle somebody? my fantasy football opponent has justin herbert :angry:
    LOL.  This team is so bad in so many ways.  How on earth did they not flex this game?!?
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772
    Wobbie said:
    Conversely, my fantasy team has Justin Herbert. I entered Sunday night with 13% chance to win. I won. Go Bears!!!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    LOL.  This team is so bad in so many ways.  How on earth did they not flex this game?!?
    Everything about that game was a disaster.  Couldn't tackle, dumb penalties, horrific refereeing, terrible play calling, Velus Jones x3 (taking it out of the endzone to the 17, running into the returner, and let us not forget what will likely be the worst play of the season, falling over and letting that TD pass bounce off of his stomach and onto the grass.  That was just pure comedy...wide fn open and that happened. 
    Why does the NFL keep giving the Bears primetime game slots?
  • Options
    Do we now have a real pass rusher with Sweat??  Hopefully this goes better than last year's trade of a 2nd round pick.  They better sign him to a long term deal.
  • Options
    Do we now have a real pass rusher with Sweat??  Hopefully this goes better than last year's trade of a 2nd round pick.  They better sign him to a long term deal.
    Sounds like it.  I love it and it sounds like the Bears fully intend to sign him to an extension.  They aren't going to find someone with his skillset in the 2nd round.  Dude can get after the QB and he's a great run defender.  If the Bears didn't grab him, somebody else would have.  Glad to see Johnson staying put too.
  • Options
    The Bears hung 40 points on the defensive unit this guy was on.  We’ll see…..
  • Options
    The Bears hung 40 points on the defensive unit this guy was on.  We’ll see…..
    He's instantly the best player they have on defense.  It's a good deal if they can sign him long term.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    edited November 2023
    Sweat will play a half season with the Bears.

Then he will tell his agent...

I don't care what you have to do, JUST GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF CHICAGO!!!
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772
    Sweat will play a half season with the Bears.

Then he will tell his agent...

I don't care what you have to do, JUST GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF CHICAGO!!!
    Yep!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory