2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772
    CROJAM95 said:
    Do Bears take a wr @ 9?

curious as to what they do there, prob trade back a few spots 
    I'd say Joe Alt if available. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    Wow… he’s gotta have more value to someone than a 6th rd pick? There’s gotta be a coach that can get him to be a top 20 qb … I’m surprised, cause I see a solid qb

what do I know 😬
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    I sure wish Justin was projected to start in pittsburgh but apparently he’s not. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    So with Pittsburgh planning to sit him behind Wilson, Bears got same return as Pats did for Mac Jones. And both went for notably less than Trey Lance fetched last preseason.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Falcons traded Ridder for Rondale Moore

Fields > Ridder
    Rondale Moore > 6th rd pick (90-95%probabilty)

sounds like Bears bungled this, Ridder was terrible last year…Fields was solid to pretty good most games 
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 606
    Fields is going to end up taking the job from Wilson and lead them to the playoffs while the Bears sit at home as usual. Just wait. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    CROJAM95 said:
    Falcons traded Ridder for Rondale Moore

Fields > Ridder
    Rondale Moore > 6th rd pick (90-95%probabilty)

sounds like Bears bungled this, Ridder was terrible last year…Fields was solid to pretty good most games 
    Fields is basically a 1 year rental at this point so he didn't have much trade value.  Obviously the rest of the league views him as a backup.
  • Options
    I think he had better value than a 6th… min 3rd, 2nd if they were open to dealing early in the process

tge holding on to the ball can be corrected with the right coach…. When Daniel jones gets an extension/ big $$ and other deals, something doesn’t add up
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,238
    Lifelong Steelers fan, Chicago resident for over 20 years. I absolutely love how much the bears continue to fuck up good things. This one is no exception, great move for my Steelers. Also, you can almost guarantee #13 won’t live up to the hype in Chicago. He honestly should decline anything the bears want to do with him. He’ll be damaged goods in 3 years.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    CROJAM95 said:
    I think he had better value than a 6th… min 3rd, 2nd if they were open to dealing early in the process

tge holding on to the ball can be corrected with the right coach…. When Daniel jones gets an extension/ big $$ and other deals, something doesn’t add up
    Not the way the NFL sees Fields.  At all.  

I think he is better than Lance, but Dallas paid more.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Lance and Zach Wilson played horseshit competition in college, but wowed on 2-3 scripted throws on pro day that dumbass Kyle/Lynch & idiot Jets fell in love with 🤣🤣

Fields at least shows he’s tough, and he def won over his teammates as a leader in a tough city to play for, a no direction offensive system that will could Ruin another qb if they don’t change direction 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited March 18
    Would he have done well in the offensive system of dumbass Kyle?
    :lol:  
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Lance and Zach Wilson played horseshit competition in college, but wowed on 2-3 scripted throws on pro day that dumbass Kyle/Lynch & idiot Jets fell in love with 🤣🤣

this ^^^^

so much of being an NFL QB is in the head, and Zach doesn’t have it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    that Haul is only made with 100% Cant miss, he had MISS written all over him.....They would be fired if they didnt already have a STACKED roster...added McCaffery cause Carolina is helping teams all around the league as charity I guess

I took a shot at Kyle, he's good...but listen receipts are gonna be kept until you cash in on a CHIP....49ers have had success, making it to Super Bowls dont really move the needle for that franchise
  • Options
    Lifelong Steelers fan, Chicago resident for over 20 years. I absolutely love how much the bears continue to fuck up good things. This one is no exception, great move for my Steelers. Also, you can almost guarantee #13 won’t live up to the hype in Chicago. He honestly should decline anything the bears want to do with him. He’ll be damaged goods in 3 years.

So the Steelers will magically be able to get Fields to process reads quicker and stop taking so many sacks???  I wanted it to work with Fields so badly but he's just not that good at actually throwing the ball.  And it's obvious the rest of the league felt the same way.
  • Options

So the Steelers will magically be able to get Fields to process reads quicker and stop taking so many sacks???  I wanted it to work with Fields so badly but he's just not that good at actually throwing the ball.  And it's obvious the rest of the league felt the same way.
    Fields has his flaws for sure but the Bears set him up for failure and succeeded. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:

Fields has his flaws for sure but the Bears set him up for failure and succeeded. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you. 
    Oh he was definitely put in a tough spot the first 2 years.  Year 3 was his time to show he can be a legit QB and he just didn't show it.  Sure, plenty of exciting plays with his legs but at the end of the day he's just not a good NFL passer.  Bagent looked much more comfortable in the pocket in the 4 games he started and took way less sacks than Fields....a D-2 rookie!  They're finally lining up a GM/coach with their own QB.  Hopefully it works out.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    ZoSoTim said:

Oh he was definitely put in a tough spot the first 2 years.  Year 3 was his time to show he can be a legit QB and he just didn't show it.  Sure, plenty of exciting plays with his legs but at the end of the day he's just not a good NFL passer.  Bagent looked much more comfortable in the pocket in the 4 games he started and took way less sacks than Fields....a D-2 rookie!  They're finally lining up a GM/coach with their own QB.  Hopefully it works out.
    I agree.  Fields wasn't drafted in a good spot.  The Bears were in a rebuild (and lots of coaching changes) when they got him and he didn't have a lot to work with.  That said, by year 3, you got to be showing way more for you to stick around and when you're 27th in the league as a passer...your job...that's not good.  I hope him the best and I do see him starting in Pitt after a few games.  Russ hasn't been good in 4 years and the fans aren't going to put up with that.  Fields has way more upside and is 10 years younger...he'll play.  
    I also think we are going to be able to truly evaluate Williams out of the gate as I don't think there has ever had more weapons on offense as the #1 than he does.
  • Options
    edited March 19
    CROJAM95 said:
    that Haul is only made with 100% Cant miss, he had MISS written all over him.....They would be fired if they didnt already have a STACKED roster...added McCaffery cause Carolina is helping teams all around the league as charity I guess

I took a shot at Kyle, he's good...but listen receipts are gonna be kept until you cash in on a CHIP....49ers have had success, making it to Super Bowls dont really move the needle for that franchise
    Kyle would be 2-0 as Niners HC in Superb Owls if he didn't face Patty Magic.  
    It is hard enough to get there,  let alone get there and win.  Been a Niners fan since first SB win and I love Kyle's work.  We fucking sucked before him.
    ..or we had Captain Caveman as coach.  (Post Mooch)   
    Sure, all fans want to win the SB but only a clown doesn't give credit to making all of these championship games and dominating most games.  
    If they had Patty Magic they would have 3 as well

This is why I would support Niners trading next 4 firsts, plus 3 or 4 2nds, for Caleb Williams.
    Gotta take your shot at QB.  You can't be the dynasty without one of the greats.

I'm a person who loves to win as much as anyone, but there can be only one team every year that wins

This doesn't make all other coaches or players dumbasses or losers for not hoisting the trophy

That being said, I think Niners get one in the next few years.  Mahommes losing and them advancing will line up.  :lol:    
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    It's almost Caleb Williams day in Chicago! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    It's almost Caleb Williams day in Chicago! 
    I kinda like your bears but I hope caleb sucks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I've been a big Bears detractor for several years. I have seen the clown show for what it has been. I am beginning to think things are finally turning around for them. At least to be to a competitive level.
  • Options
    I’m so old I was in 7th grade when the Bears won the Super Bowl. I hope I’m way wrong but I think Caleb is going to be a giant bust. 
  • Options
    I've been a big Bears detractor for several years. I have seen the clown show for what it has been. I am beginning to think things are finally turning around for them. At least to be to a competitive level.
    Yeah it seems like it is heading in the right direction.  Poles has done a nice job of rebuliding this roster.  But the McCaskey's are still in charge so it's hard to feel too good about them.  They're already fucking up the new stadium plan by trying to get into bed with this awful city again and not own their own stadium.  SMH.
  • Options
    Yeah it seems like it is heading in the right direction.  Poles has done a nice job of rebuliding this roster.  But the McCaskey's are still in charge so it's hard to feel too good about them.  They're already fucking up the new stadium plan by trying to get into bed with this awful city again and not own their own stadium.  SMH.
    Of course, everything hinges on the shoulder of one unlikable QB. Hopefully he matures and doesn't allow his dad to become Derek Rose's brother.
  • Options
    Why on earth would the Bears make an announcement about a new stadium deal today when they're about to draft Caleb Williams tomorrow???  Also, no shot this deal happens....publicly owned and asking for 2 billion from the state.  Why don't they want to own their own stadium?!?!?
  • Options
    Release “bad” news right before good news? 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    I don't live in IL anymore so what's a few extra dollars on the tax bill when you can have a brand new stadium....that still doesn't have parking....with a roof that nobody really wants...

But yeah, it is pretty silly.  
  • Options
    Happy Caleb Williams day!

Excited to see what they do with #9...
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    Good luck getting the legislature to approve 2 billion dollars in public financing from the State. There will be a lot of resistance especially from downstate from people who will never go to a Bears game and will not perceive any benefit from building a billionaire a stadium.