• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Jason P said:

Colts opt not to re-sign Reggie Wayne.

Sports are cruel.

14 years, what great career
  • Options

Marshall and the NY media.....that has disaster written all over it.

It'll be a shitshow for sure, but I like the move. He's getting old, expensive and is a major goofball. Bears are lucky to get something for him
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Jets receivers the past few years, Brandon Marshall, Percy Harvin & Santonio Holmes. Class people for a class organization, hahahahahahaha
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Marshall and the NY media.....that has disaster written all over it.

It'll be a shitshow for sure, but I like the move. He's getting old, expensive and is a major goofball. Bears are lucky to get something for him
    Yeah, I like it too. I'm actually shocked that they were able to get anything for him. It was clear he wouldn't be coming back once the trade rumors leaked.....I just figured teams would wait for the Bears to release him.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Teams could've waited but a trade eliminated the bidding war
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Brandon Marshall is still a top 5 WR, until the season starts. NY is possibly the worst place for him to play. He was productive in Chicago because (at first) he avoided many of the distractions that got him into trouble before. He was not the same player last year for a few reasons:
    He realized he could do what he wanted and the coaching staff allowed it. Doing a show in NY on your off day when you should relax, study and get ready for the next game...this was seen on the field. All season long he and Cutler had as the media called them "miscommunications". Those were not miscommunications, those were a WR who was not prepared for the game who constantly ran wrong routes. At least 4 INTs were from him running wrong routes. The big one happened against GB.
    Injuries hobbled him all year. The coaching staff should have sat him out but he instead played on a bad ankle which slowed him down and didn't allow him to run sharp routes or get any separation. Not his fault but it was clear as day.
    Back to the coaching staff....there is no way he should have been allowed to say the things he did in the locker room without getting in trouble. He formed divisions in the locker room. The second that happens, the season is over.
    Bad/predictable play calling. Teams sat back knowing what was coming. They allowed the short passes in front of them and that's exactly what the coaching staff called.

It's hard to see a guy with that much talent leave, but I think it'll be for the best. Marshall and Alshon are the exact same player. Possession guys without a ton of speed. The lack of a deep threat and bad play calling killed the Bears last year. Granted, there is no offense that could have won many games with the defense giving up 35+ each week....
    The Bears saved money, still have a possession guy, and have removed a lot of locker room distractions.
    I hope he does well in NY as I think Marshall deep down is a good guy, I just see that trade as the beginning of the end for Marshall and the beginning of better things in Chicago.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I'd lime to see the bears go after Andre Johnson. A guy like that could be real good for alshon.
  • Options
    "Jay is our quarterback".

Sounds like they were trying to trade him, but no takers for obvious reasons. Whatever. This team will not be good for the next year or 2.
  • Options

Sounds like they were trying to trade him, but no takers for obvious reasons. Whatever. This team will not be good for the next year or 2.

Yeah, I guess like it or not he was still the best option. FAs suck and the draft is lacking. Keep what you've got, put all your resources into finding defensive players and then do some actual coaching.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Yeah, I guess like it or not he was still the best option. FAs suck and the draft is lacking. Keep what you've got, put all your resources into finding defensive players and then do some actual coaching.
    Yep, unfortunately he's our QB for this year and most likely next year. Last year was definitely the worst year of his career....you'd think he won't be that bad again. And like you said, time to rebuild the D.

It will be a weird feeling this season thinking that coaching will actually make a difference.
  • Options

mca47 said:

Yep, unfortunately he's our QB for this year and most likely next year. Last year was definitely the worst year of his career....you'd think he won't be that bad again. And like you said, time to rebuild the D.

It will be a weird feeling this season thinking that coaching will actually make a difference.
    That's the thing...last year happened because of coaching. There is absolutely no reason why that offense with that talent couldn't do more. Granted having to play 30 pts down every week made it tough but the offensive play calling was just that....offensive. Not running the ball, calling the same play 15x a game, designed screen plays 20+x a game. No accountability on the offensive line, no accountability in the locker room. Cutler made a lot of mistakes, but the coaching, or the lack there of was the problem, not #6.
    Cutler will never be anything but an average QB, but good or bad, we're stuck with him. The Bears could do a LOT worse next year and I'm glad their focus will be on what needs fixing.
  • Options
    Lot of chatter that the Bears may trade up and trade out Cutler for Tenessee's #2 spot in the draft to land Mariota. :fp:
    I hope to god this does not happen!
    Mariota may end up being a solid NFL QB, but he's only proven himself as a college QB in a spread offense. How people think he'll be able to hit the ground running in a John Fox offense makes absolutely no sense. He will only succeed in the NFL if, and only if, he has a year or two to watch from the sidelines, observe, and learn. I hope Pace was right in saying they'll go after the best available player, but Mariota is not the best player at #2 or #7.
    They really need to focus on dbacks, safety, NT, Oline and WR before they consider doing anything with the QB!
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Lot of chatter that the Bears may trade up and trade out Cutler for Tenessee's #2 spot in the draft to land Mariota. :fp:
    I hope to god this does not happen!
    Mariota may end up being a solid NFL QB, but he's only proven himself as a college QB in a spread offense. How people think he'll be able to hit the ground running in a John Fox offense makes absolutely no sense. He will only succeed in the NFL if, and only if, he has a year or two to watch from the sidelines, observe, and learn. I hope Pace was right in saying they'll go after the best available player, but Mariota is not the best player at #2 or #7.
    They really need to focus on dbacks, safety, NT, Oline and WR before they consider doing anything with the QB!

While I would love to get rid of Cutler, this would be so dumb. Mariota is not even close to being a sure thing. Like you said, there are many other areas that need to be addressed first.
  • Options
    Mariota would be a good fit in the Eagle's offense probably right away. I bet you anything Chip Kelly is going to make a big push to get him!
    Anywhere else, he's best off in a backup role for a year or two.
    I get what many feel about Cutler. I would much prefer to have another QB too, but like him or not...he's the best option the Bears have.
  • Options
    Being reported that we will be treated to Bears/packers on thanksgiving night this season. Might also be a Favre jersey retirement in there that night too.
  • Options

Being reported that we will be treated to Bears/packers on thanksgiving night this season. Might also be a Favre jersey retirement in there that night too.

Well Thanksgiving is already ruined.
  • Options

Well Thanksgiving is already ruined.
    LOL!
    Yeah, I can't wait to get pissed off and throw a turkey leg at my TV when the Bears lose again to those deer fuckers to the north.
  • Options
    Deer fucking sheep shaggers are gonna make us all throw up our overcooked turkey and dryed out toorkee
  • Options
    Bears schedule looks pretty rough. Absolutely brutal start with GB and Arizona at home, and then to Seattle for week 3. Would be shocked if they were 1-2 after 3 games.

My friends and I are going to San Diego for our annual road game. A few days in San Diego in November?? Yes please!
  • Options
    The worst defense in the league and they pick a WR at 6. Hello 4-12, we're the bears. We've met before.
  • Options

The worst defense in the league and they pick a WR at 6. Hello 4-12, we're the bears. We've met before.

WR was a big need as well. Pace said he would draft the best player available....stuck to it. I like it.
  • Options
    I like Kevin White more than Cooper for some reason, good pick!
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I like Kevin White more than Cooper for some reason, good pick!

I don't know about that, but I do really like the pick! 6'3 and he ran a 4.35 40?? Pretty damn impressive.

Poor Cooper getting stuck in Oakland.....hard to feel bad for a guy who will make millions, but Oakland is just a fucking mess.
  • Options
    Oakland will now have ACDC
    A Cooper and David Carr. They should be better for sure.
  • Options
    Cooper is better than white. If they were going WR regardless, Cooper was the obvious choice. This guy whites draft value shot up because of a 40 time. I hate that they still use that. Running a 40 with no pads on is completely useless. I hate the pick.

Defense needed addressed. The bears have to have a good defense for Cutler to succeed. That has been proven time and time again.
  • Options

Cooper is better than white. If they were going WR regardless, Cooper was the obvious choice. This guy whites draft value shot up because of a 40 time. I hate that they still use that. Running a 40 with no pads on is completely useless. I hate the pick.

Defense needed addressed. The bears have to have a good defense for Cutler to succeed. That has been proven time and time again.

Cutler needs to stop throwing so many interceptions for Cutler to succeed.
  • Options

Lol. Yes. But everyone knows Cutler will turn the ball over. A solid defense will bail him out of those mistakes. Give up only 3 or get another turnover instead of TDs. Either way, I think they could've done better than white. Was he really the best available?
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

I'm wit this guy..bears need D! Showcase Jeffery..hope one of the other guys steps in and has a decent year.. Plus there's still Bennett and forte..Espn said his weekness is his routes..if that's the case it's usually trouble... Plus most receivers lack intelligence..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options

Lol. Yes. But everyone knows Cutler will turn the ball over. A solid defense will bail him out of those mistakes. Give up only 3 or get another turnover instead of TDs. Either way, I think they could've done better than white. Was he really the best available?
    I guess in Ryan Pace's mind, he was the best available player. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now....gotta give the guy at least 1 draft until we start calling for his head! Pretty sure they'll be going defense for the majority of their remaining picks.