Options

2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Fox hiring is official. 4 year deal. Time to clean up this disaster.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Sucks we have to wait for so long for another season. Well, maybe that's a good thing! Hahaha
  • Options
    mca47 wrote: »
    Sucks we have to wait for so long for another season. Well, maybe that's a good thing! Hahaha

Haha yep...it will definitely take some time to fix this mess. But yeah, sucks that we won't see this team for 7-8 months.
  • Options
    It just sucks that the Bears have regressed so much in the last two years while every other team in the North has gotten better. The whole Trestman experiment really set us back not two years but probably 5-6. Ugh!
    Good thing we have the Blackhawks. And while I'm pumped at the direction the Cubs have gone...we all know how that goes. :(
  • Options
    It just sucks that the Bears have regressed so much in the last two years while every other team in the North has gotten better. The whole Trestman experiment really set us back not two years but probably 5-6. Ugh!
    Good thing we have the Blackhawks. And while I'm pumped at the direction the Cubs have gone...we all know how that goes. :(

Yep...it's definitely going to be a tough division for the next few years. GB isn't going anywhere, Detroit is good, and Vikings are improving. Hopefully Fox can turn around this defense.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

I don't watch the nba, but the bulls should be good. Derick rose hasn't gotten hurt yet, has he?
  • Options

I don't watch the nba, but the bulls should be good. Derick rose hasn't gotten hurt yet, has he?

I'm not an NBA guy either. I'll pull for the Bulls but don't really follow them
  • Options
    I love Vic Fangio as D-coordinator. 49ers D was very good the past 4 years with him. Fox should be able to put together a really nice staff....one of the big advantages of hiring a well respected guy like Fox who has plenty of contacts around the league.

Also sounds like Adam Gase is interviewing for the offensive coordinator spot today. Speaking of offensive coordinators, Trestman got hired by Baltimore to be theirs. LOL.
  • Options
    Gase signed.
    Donatelle signed as secondary coach.

Fn awesome!

So we now basically have the Broncos offensive coaches and the Niners defensive coaches...both the best of the best.

Fn awesome!

Pace has fn dominated!
  • Options
    Gase signed.
    Donatelle signed as secondary coach.

Fn awesome!

So we now basically have the Broncos offensive coaches and the Niners defensive coaches...both the best of the best.

Fn awesome!

Pace has fn dominated!

Yep. Really like all of the moves that have been made so far. Will be weird to actually have some confidence in the coaching staff this season.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Best possible coaching staff hired?

10941002_10153031241660489_9216317947951570367_n.jpg?oh=f4f0d2cb08a5df984d7623013be2b15e&oe=5563AD6D
  • Options
    The main spots of the coaching staff are in place. Now it's time to see what they do with Cutler. My guess is that he stays. Like I've said many times in this thread, the Bears problems are so much more than just Cutler. People act like trading him away will solve all of the Bears problems. Will be interesting to see what they do here...
  • Options
    The main spots of the coaching staff are in place. Now it's time to see what they do with Cutler. My guess is that he stays. Like I've said many times in this thread, the Bears problems are so much more than just Cutler. People act like trading him away will solve all of the Bears problems. Will be interesting to see what they do here...

A good defense will turn Cutler back into a pro bowl type qb. When the bears defense were in the top 5, he played well. The defense did bail him out, but the pressure didn't rest solely on him. So he played looser. For the past 2 years he's tried to put the team on his back.
  • Options
    Cutler will be back at least for one more year. There are no better options for next year.
    My guess is that even if he has a Pro bowl kind of year, they'll use that as trade value.
    If he has a shitty year, my guess is that he'll get cut straight up.
  • Options
    Would you want ej manual on Chicago. Well trade you him for culter.
  • Options
    Would you want ej manual on Chicago. Well trade you him for culter.

Hahahaha! No thanks!
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I'd rather see them lure Kyle Orton out of retirement than trade for EJ Manuel.
  • Options
    Bears are trying to trade Marshall. Not surprising at all. Probably won't get much for him....guessing a late round pick.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,807

Bears are trying to trade Marshall. Not surprising at all. Probably won't get much for him....guessing a late round pick.

Question because I am too lazy to look it up.

Who was the offensive coordinator when Cutler and the Bears went to the NFC Championship game?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Who was the offensive coordinator when Cutler and the Bears went to the NFC Championship game?
    Pretty sure that was Martz.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,807

Did Cutler have better years, and make better decisions under Martz?
    Or has Cutler always been the same ole asshole?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Cutler was "good" when the defense is great and can bail him out of his poor decisions. That's what he needs to succeed. He can't carry a team the way manning or Brady can.
  • Options

Cutler has always been the same ole asshole. Can't wait to see what the Bears decide to do with him....my guess is he'll be the starting QB this year.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    They aren't going to get shit for Marshall. They'll end up just straight up releasing him next week before his 2015 salary becomes guaranteed. I'm torn on this one. Marshall isn't the easiest guy to have in the locker room and his whole thing of flying to NYC every week on his off day last year to do Inside the NFL was ridiculous. But, he's the best WR the Bears have ever had and he can still play.....I love Alshon, but I don't think he's a #1, go-to WR.
  • Options
    Veteran Cut Down Day is 3/12
    I wonder who they'll chop? Lamarr Houston and Tim Jennings would be on the top o fmy list.
  • Options

They aren't going to get shit for Marshall. They'll end up just straight up releasing him next week before his 2015 salary becomes guaranteed. I'm torn on this one. Marshall isn't the easiest guy to have in the locker room and his whole thing of flying to NYC every week on his off day last year to do Inside the NFL was ridiculous. But, he's the best WR the Bears have ever had and he can still play.....I love Alshon, but I don't think he's a #1, go-to WR.

http://sportsmockery.com/2015/03/rumor-brandon-marshall-traded-to-new-york/
  • Options

http://sportsmockery.com/2015/03/rumor-brandon-marshall-traded-to-new-york/
    Actually, I'm not torn on Marshall anymore. Fuck him. He's still insisting on doing inside the NFL during the season. Fox and Pace clearly aren't going to put up with any nonsense like that.
  • Options
    Marshalls fucking good. No need to cut him. He's not nearly as much of a drama queen as he has been in the past. Him and alshon are one of the best 1-2 punches you have in the nfl, when they are healthy.
  • Options

Marshalls fucking good. No need to cut him. He's not nearly as much of a drama queen as he has been in the past. Him and alshon are one of the best 1-2 punches you have in the nfl, when they are healthy.

Not 5 minutes after I write this, I see that they've traded Marshall to the Jets.
  • Options
    Marshall and the NY media.....that has disaster written all over it.