Options

2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Cooper is better than white. If they were going WR regardless, Cooper was the obvious choice. This guy whites draft value shot up because of a 40 time. I hate that they still use that. Running a 40 with no pads on is completely useless. I hate the pick.

Defense needed addressed. The bears have to have a good defense for Cutler to succeed. That has been proven time and time again.

Cutler needs to stop throwing so many interceptions for Cutler to succeed.
    Lol. Yes. But everyone knows Cutler will turn the ball over. A solid defense will bail him out of those mistakes. Give up only 3 or get another turnover instead of TDs. Either way, I think they could've done better than white. Was he really the best available?
    I guess in Ryan Pace's mind, he was the best available player. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now....gotta give the guy at least 1 draft until we start calling for his head! Pretty sure they'll be going defense for the majority of their remaining picks.
    They'd better!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    So the Ray McDonald thing didn't exactly work out. All these blowhard writers in Chicago (Haugh, Bernstein, etc..) are all up in arms about it all over again. Bears took a chance on a guy and it didn't work out. Clearly it's not a good look for the organization, but I'm really not sure what people expect to happen here. Should the McCaskey's sell the team because they fucked up and signed a player with a troubled past and it didn't work out?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255

So the Ray McDonald thing didn't exactly work out. All these blowhard writers in Chicago (Haugh, Bernstein, etc..) are all up in arms about it all over again. Bears took a chance on a guy and it didn't work out. Clearly it's not a good look for the organization, but I'm really not sure what people expect to happen here. Should the McCaskey's sell the team because they fucked up and signed a player with a troubled past and it didn't work out?

I guess I don't see what the big deal is. Sure, the guy was/is a scumbag but they took a chance. It didn't work out, there was not guaranteed money....they let him go.
    The only thing from this that I'm not happy about....we don't have a sure-thing DE now.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I guess I don't see what the big deal is. Sure, the guy was/is a scumbag but they took a chance. It didn't work out, there was not guaranteed money....they let him go.
    The only thing from this that I'm not happy about....we don't have a sure-thing DE now.
    All the outrage on twitter from the Chicago media is out of hand right now. I absolutely understand people not agreeing with their decision to sign this guy. And now the signing blew up in the organization's face and they look pretty bad. But I guess that isn't enough for most people. I really don't get it...
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Everyone is making a big deal since pace talked mccaskey into the signing I guess since he had doubts..I thought I heard that. Me personally don't think it's a big deal.. He won't be the last bear to get released for domestic abuse..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Everyone is making a big deal since pace talked mccaskey into the signing I guess since he had doubts..I thought I heard that. Me personally don't think it's a big deal.. He won't be the last bear to get released for domestic abuse..

McDonald is clearly a scumbag. But people are acting like George McCaskey is the one beating his wife. He fucked up. Plain and simple. But apparently the media won't be happy unless there's some sort of public shaming. I guess that's just the wonderful society we live in today..
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    yup.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I also don't get the "fuck up". They gave a guy with a past history of doing shitty things a shot. Half the guys in the NFL would not have jobs if they didn't get a second shot at some point in their lives.
    The only fuck up was not drafting a stud DE.
  • Options
    Not sure how I feel about this Floyd guy that they drafted. It sounds like he may be a project. You would think that you'd get an NFL ready guy at #9. But I do have faith in Fangio and the defensive coaching staff....will be interesting to see what they do with the rest of their picks.
  • Options

Not sure how I feel about this Floyd guy that they drafted. It sounds like he may be a project. You would think that you'd get an NFL ready guy at #9. But I do have faith in Fangio and the defensive coaching staff....will be interesting to see what they do with the rest of their picks.

What did they give up to move up 2 spots? Did they need to in order to get him?
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

They gave up a 4th round pick this year. It sounds like the Giants were interested in this guy at 10 so they moved up to get him. Bears had 2 4th round picks this year so won't be completely out of that round.
  • Options

I agree. When they announced his name, I cringed a little. I was really hoping for Shaq Lawson. You're right, Floyd is going to be a bit of a project. What worries me is that for being a tall dude with giant arms and good speed, the guy is built like a toothpick. Running around guys in college is one thing, but when you're up against 330lb O-linemen, they could toss this guy to the side. I don't see how he's going to be able to set the edge against run plays either. Again, OTs on the edge will hold this guy up like nothing. His coverage and decision making is a little suspect too. Fortunately, Fangio has worked with and built up guys like this in the past, so we'll see.
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

They gave up a 4th round pick this year. It sounds like the Giants were interested in this guy at 10 so they moved up to get him. Bears had 2 4th round picks this year so won't be completely out of that round.
    Still a big gamble IMO. The 3-4 rounds is where your day to day players usually come from where 1-2 is big or bust. Unless they feel they can land guys for all their remaining needs...still seems like a lot for two spots and a guy that is going to need serious coaching and serious body building.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    bad move last night - who is that guy? The Bears have shot themselves in the foot with the last few drafts.
  • Options

bad move last night - who is that guy? The Bears have shot themselves in the foot with the last few drafts.

Floyd was a stud in college and was almost guaranteed to be a first rounder. He just needs some work. I'm guessing Fangio and Fox were pushing Pace in this direction.
  • Options
    I'm out of the loop with this years draft talent..but when I hear the word "project" associated with a LB as a 9th overall pick it worries me..
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

I'm out of the loop with this years draft talent..but when I hear the word "project" associated with a LB as a 9th overall pick it worries me..

Hahaha, like Shea McClellin? Yeah, I hear ya!
  • Options
    Hell of a draft if you ask me!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,803
    So a friend of mine, after 10 years on the waiting list, purchased Bears season tickets. I was able to go in on 1/4 of his purchase.

In other words, I will be attending 4 Bears games this year, including the Monday night against Philly, and the Packers game.

PRETTY FUCKING COOL!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited July 2016

So a friend of mine, after 10 years on the waiting list, purchased Bears season tickets. I was able to go in on 1/4 of his purchase.

In other words, I will be attending 4 Bears games this year, including the Monday night against Philly, and the Packers game.

PRETTY FUCKING COOL!!!!

Roughly, what does a 1/4 of season tickets run you?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

PRETTY FUCKING COOL!!!!

$900 gets me 10 tickets.
  • Options

PRETTY FUCKING COOL!!!!

That's awesome Speedy!
    Decent seats?

You probably have the games picked out but if I had the choice, I'd get early season games.
    Better weather and the Bears will still be "in it" at that time. Hahahaha :sadface:
  • Options

PRETTY FUCKING COOL!!!!

$900 gets me 10 tickets.
    Dammit. I've never looked into buying g season tickets before because of the cost. Does that have time be paid up front or can you make payments on that?

I apologize if that is too personal. If you are not comfortable answering that, I understand.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

PRETTY FUCKING COOL!!!!

That's awesome Speedy!
    Decent seats?

You probably have the games picked out but if I had the choice, I'd get early season games.
    Better weather and the Bears will still be "in it" at that time. Hahahaha :sadface:
    I really cant tell you how excited I am for this. My wife is equally excited. We really plan on making a "DAY" of the 4 games we attend. We need to figure out our transportation plan. Do we just train it? Or drive to one of the bar/restaurants that offer shuttle service? Its going to be fun getting ourselves organized.

It worked out well for me as far as games. I was able to pick out 1 game in Sept. 1 game in Oct. 1 game in Nov. and 1 game in Dec. PERFECT! Plus like I said, I have the Monday night game and Green Bay.
    PERFECT!

• Options

PRETTY FUCKING COOL!!!!

$900 gets me 10 tickets.
    Dammit. I've never looked into buying g season tickets before because of the cost. Does that have time be paid up front or can you make payments on that?

I apologize if that is too personal. If you are not comfortable answering that, I understand.
    It was a 10 year waiting list.
    Pretty sure once my friends name was picked, he had a certain amount of time to come up with the money. Maybe a month? Maybe a couple weeks. Also, I am pretty sure he had to come up with all the money at once.

He got 4 tickets for all 10 games including preseason.
    I bought 2 tickets for 4 games. Plus I have 2 tickets for the preseason. 10 tickets for me.
  • Options
    That is definitely something to be stoked about. To bad Forte is gone. I would have liked to see him play.

I defended cutler for many hears, but God damn, he just isn't that good.
  • Options

That is definitely something to be stoked about. To bad Forte is gone. I would have liked to see him play.

My wife and I plan on making each game we attend an "Event". I remember as a kid my father would take me to a Bears game, and it was always an event. The shuttle to the game, the game itself, then my dad would take me out to a nice steakhouse after the game. As a 50 year old man, I still cherish these memories. My wife and I are going to do the same. 4 Sundays this fall/winter, are going to be an event. I am truly like a little kid in a candy store, as far as these Bears tickets are concerned. To say I am a little excited is an understatement.

• Options

My wife and I plan on making each game we attend an "Event". I remember as a kid my father would take me to a Bears game, and it was always an event. The shuttle to the game, the game itself, then my dad would take me out to a nice steakhouse after the game. As a 50 year old man, I still cherish these memories. My wife and I are going to do the same. 4 Sundays this fall/winter, are going to be an event. I am truly like a little kid in a candy store, as far as these Bears tickets are concerned. To say I am a little excited is an understatement.

That's awesome Speedy! I haven't been to a Bears game in like 15-20 years. Spacing those games out like that will def give you something to look forward to as well.
    If Mrs. Speedy can never go, let me know...I'll fly in and join ya'. :D
  • Options
    mca47 said:

That's awesome Speedy! I haven't been to a Bears game in like 15-20 years. Spacing those games out like that will def give you something to look forward to as well.
    If Mrs. Speedy can never go, let me know...I'll fly in and join ya'. :D
    My 1st date with my wife? A Bears game! And that was 20 years ago.

She has always been a trooper when it comes to sporting events. She isn't the most knowledgeable fan, but she puts on her Cubs hat, or Hawks sweater, and has a blast. Cant wait to get her a Bears Jacket and a Bears hat, and watch her freeze her ass of at Soldier Field in December! Hahahahahahaha
  • Options

I think the Bears in general are moving in the right direction especially with John Fox and Ryan Pace running the show.
    I was always optimistic about upcoming seasons in the past...even in the awful Marc Trestman days...I always had hope.
    I honestly feel that barring injuries, the Bears stand a good shot to make the playoffs. Hell, while last year was a bad one in the wins/loss department, outside of a few games, they fought and battled to the end, and had some crazy things not happened, should have won 4-5 more.

Offensive line is upgraded and has depth.
    Jeffery, White and Royal should be fun to watch.
    Upgrades on the D-line.
    HUGE upgrades at linebacker.

The secondary worries me a little, but hopefully the guys upfront can put some more pressure on the opposing QB so they don't have to spend the entire day running around covering guys.

Losing Forte sucked. 2nd best RB in Bears history and a stand-up dude. Fox loves RB tandems and I could see Langford and Howard complementing eachother well. I wouldn't want either in Fantasy though. hahaha

I know there are a lot of Cutler haters out there, but what he was able to do last year should be applauded. Injured O-line and injured WRs and he still put up solid numbers says a lot. The WRs he was throwing to last year wouldn't likely be playing on most other teams, Certainly not lacing them up to START. If he protects the ball he should have a good season.