What % of the music you listen to is PJ

13»

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    less than 25%
    I tend to listen to them a ton right after I see them but not more than anyone else at other times. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    less than 25%
    ComeToTX said:
    I tend to listen to them a ton right after I see them but not more than anyone else at other times. 
    About the same for me.
  • JbarkerJbarker Posts: 560
    50-75%

Once I'm at work I select a bootleg to start the day, then I will fit a variety of new/old music into the belly of the day, and then I will finish the day with a bootleg. At home, the most common channel on the Bose is PJ Radio, and the satellite radio in the family vehicle is usually a 50-50 mix of Hits1 or PJ Channel depending on the ratio of the family members. And the few meaningful moments I can sit and enjoy vinyl, its typically not PJ but the latest score from the record shop. after some complex and exhaustive calculations I'm sitting safely above 50%.

For all the new music I try to listen to and the non-PJ classics I love, for how much I wander and stray, I seem to always return to the straight and narrow.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    less than 25%
    I go through spurts when I listen to them a lot, but there is so much great music out there to explore.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    less than 25%
    About 5% now
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,250
    75% or more
    Listened to the Krakow bootleg last night.  Most PJ listening I have done in a long time.   The boot sounded phenomenal.
    I does indeed!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • 50-75%
    Why listen to new music when you can listen to Ten again?
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    less than 25%
    I really feel for you 75% or higher folks! Haha!! You're missing out on SO much!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    75% or more
    I made a New Year's resolution earlier this month stating that I'd try to listen to a bunch of classic albums/bands that I've, for whatever reason, avoided over the years. Some of the big names on my list are Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Slint (never hear of them until yesterday), The Smiths, and The Cure. Admittedly, I know the "hits" from many of these bands but I thought I might try to go a bit deeper into their respective catalogs.
    75% or more
    For the record, until I made my post above, I didn't know I had selected "75% or more" when the poll had come out - five or so years ago! 
    I'd say I'm down to about 50% these days.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    50-75%
    I listen to every tour all the way through in order, so that's a lot, but I do have other bands I love.  Begins and ends with Pearl Jam/EV though. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    75% or more
    I listen to every tour all the way through in order, so that's a lot, but I do have other bands I love.  Begins and ends with Pearl Jam/EV though. 
    I'm usually pretty good about listening to all of the bootlegs for each tour. For whatever reason, however, I haven't been very diligent about listening to the 2018 shows. I think only got through the first five or so European shows and I've only summer shows I've listened to is the two Seattle shows (because I was fortunate enough to attend them).

Maybe I've hit a saturation point in terms of the bootlegs. Admittedly, I kind of started feeling this way for the PJ25 tour in 2016.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    25-50%
    I think it would be slightly less than 50%.  PJ by far is the band I listen to the most, but I do mix it up a fair amount.
  • 25-50%
    It's really dropped off the last 4-5 years.   Before that it was probably way over 75%.    I assume the lack of new music from them has something to do with it......and probably the fact that the new music they've released since Riot Act hasn't resonated with me as much as the pre-2000's did, at least not the full albums....few songs here and there off each album.    
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • 50-75%
    I realise now it's a lot lower. Minimal
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    less than 25%
    I'm probably down around 1% or less these days. I'm just on to other artists right now, and exploring a lot. Nothing new is happening with PJ, there is so much else to discover or rediscover, so I'm basically on PJ hiatus.... I'll give the new Vault a spin when I get it though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    less than 25%
    Via Last.fm: in 2018, I played 677 Pearl Jam songs out of 5851 total songs= 12%

For the last 5 years of data: 7% of music played
    I think last year was higher than average due to seeing them in Europe.
    I think when I was a teenager and early 20s, the total would have been much closer to 75%
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    less than 25%
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm probably down around 1% or less these days. I'm just on to other artists right now, and exploring a lot. Nothing new is happening with PJ, there is so much else to discover or rediscover, so I'm basically on PJ hiatus.... I'll give the new Vault a spin when I get it though.
    I mean, if I had your record library, I'd be down to that percentage too! :smile:
    www.cluthelee.com