Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    Lord of the flies
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Jason P said:

It would be interesting to see what happens if the Ferguson police department disbanded.

Bring on the conch shell!

It's sure would be a interesting sociology experiment for the Police to simply walk away and let the great people of Fergusen police themselves. We all know what would happen but that is the only way these people will realize how ignant they really are and how civil society in that suburb of St. Lousey wouldn't last 24 hrs without police. Perhaps their knight in shining armor Al Sharpten for Mayor and Mike Browns fake Daddy"burn this mutha Fucker down" for police chief? That aught to do it...
    no, i think a new mayor, police chief and new cops, and a new tax structure will do just fine. don't need sharpton or "fake daddy" running the show.

i wish the cops would walk off the job. i really do. just quit on the community. just like that new york police union chief advocating turning their back on bloomberg.. because that is really classy and mature and responsible.
    Like there is anything classy about the majority people in the town Ferguson??
    2 cops ambushed and nearly killed last night and those morons are protesting tonight for the justice of the life of a no good oxygen thief thug who made poor choices and attacked a policeman and Lost. Am I missing something here??
    you sir are missing alot and its quite sad.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    fife said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Jason P said:

It would be interesting to see what happens if the Ferguson police department disbanded.

It's sure would be a interesting sociology experiment for the Police to simply walk away and let the great people of Fergusen police themselves. We all know what would happen but that is the only way these people will realize how ignant they really are and how civil society in that suburb of St. Lousey wouldn't last 24 hrs without police. Perhaps their knight in shining armor Al Sharpten for Mayor and Mike Browns fake Daddy"burn this mutha Fucker down" for police chief? That aught to do it...
    no, i think a new mayor, police chief and new cops, and a new tax structure will do just fine. don't need sharpton or "fake daddy" running the show.

i wish the cops would walk off the job. i really do. just quit on the community. just like that new york police union chief advocating turning their back on bloomberg.. because that is really classy and mature and responsible.
    2 cops ambushed and nearly killed last night and those morons are protesting tonight for the justice of the life of a no good oxygen thief thug who made poor choices and attacked a policeman and Lost. Am I missing something here??
    Enlighten me please, tell me what I said above is inaccurate??
  • Options
    muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Jason P said:

first you assumed that the majority of people in a town that I bet you have never been in as classless. like you know who the fuck they are.

secondly, your contempt for people is disgusting. . you call him a thug but he had no criminal record.

• Options
    fife said:

muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Jason P said:

first you assumed that the majority of people in a town that I bet you have never been in as classless. like you know who the fuck they are.

secondly, your contempt for people is disgusting. . you call him a thug but he had no criminal record.

You have got to be kidding right?
  • Options
    muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Jason P said:

no I am not.

lets do a role reversal.

i say this: "like there is anything classy about the majority of the cops in town Ferguson. the people of Ferguson have been dealing with a very corrupt police force. the Justice Department issued its report, which found that Ferguson's police and court systems functioned as a money-making enterprise rather than one meant to ensure public safety. The report found black drivers in Ferguson were more than twice as likely as others to be searched during routine traffic stops and more likely to face excessive force from police, often during unwarranted stops.

Investigators also noted that Ferguson was counting on revenues from fines and fees to generate nearly a quarter of its total $13.3 million budget for the 2015 fiscal year. Many residents ended up in jail after missing court dates or failing to pay fines for minor violations. The report also uncovered evidence that three employees — a court clerk and two police officers — had sent racist emails.

The clerk was fired last week and two officers resigned. The judge who oversaw the court system also resigned and the City Council on Tuesday agreed to a separation agreement with the city manager..

I tell you how dare the cops still be upset about people protesting"

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Michael Brown committed a crime minutes before his fatal meeting with the police officer. Arguing he was not a thug or that he had no criminal record seems to ignore that point. There are deep and legitimate problems with the police force in Ferguson, but from get-go Brown was a poor test case to rally around.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited March 2015
    fife said:

muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Jason P said:

no I am not.

lets do a role reversal.

i say this: "like there is anything classy about the majority of the cops in town Ferguson. the people of Ferguson have been dealing with a very corrupt police force. the Justice Department issued its report, which found that Ferguson's police and court systems functioned as a money-making enterprise rather than one meant to ensure public safety. The report found black drivers in Ferguson were more than twice as likely as others to be searched during routine traffic stops and more likely to face excessive force from police, often during unwarranted stops.

Investigators also noted that Ferguson was counting on revenues from fines and fees to generate nearly a quarter of its total $13.3 million budget for the 2015 fiscal year. Many residents ended up in jail after missing court dates or failing to pay fines for minor violations. The report also uncovered evidence that three employees — a court clerk and two police officers — had sent racist emails.

The clerk was fired last week and two officers resigned. The judge who oversaw the court system also resigned and the City Council on Tuesday agreed to a separation agreement with the city manager..

They should send Musky Dan an application.
    sounds like a great fit.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyV said:

Michael Brown committed a crime minutes before his fatal meeting with the police officer. Arguing he was not a thug or that he had no criminal record seems to ignore that point. There are deep and legitimate problems with the police force in Ferguson, but from get-go Brown was a poor test case to rally around.

oh fuck, I am a thug too then as I once stole a bag of chips when i was younger. lets hope the next person who gets shot 6 times has done nothing wrong.

quick question, now that I am a thug am I also a no good oxygen thief too?
  • Options
    fife said:

JimmyV said:

oh fuck, I am a thug too then as I once stole a bag of chips when i was younger. lets hope the next person who gets shot 6 times has done nothing wrong.

If your behavior when you stole that bag of chips in any way resembled Michael Brown's on that convenience store video then you just might be a thug. I'm betting, however, that it didn't at all resemble that.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JimmyV said:

fife said:

JimmyV said:

If your behavior when you stole that bag of chips in any way resembled Michael Brown's on that convenience store video then you just might be a thug. I'm betting, however, that it didn't at all resemble that.

Exactly. I totally get the contempt the people of Ferguson have for their justice system. I'm glad the feds are there cleaning it up. It is clearly way past due. People certainly have valid grievances. They should protest, and they should talk about those things that need to be fixed. But they need to get off of the Michael Brown thing. It completely sabotages their position, and makes many of us unwilling to join their voices. Brown was a criminal. Brown was a punk. Brown wasn't an example of Ferguson PD gone wrong. Brown was an example of how to turn a routine stop into a deadly shooting by being an asshole. I'm glad Ferguson is going to see some changes. I wish Brown hadn't been their poster child.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Jason P said:

no I am not.

lets do a role reversal.

sounds like a great fit.
    It would be easier and more rewarding to be the police in Iraq or Afganistan than in than lousey town.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Criminal eh?

The guy didn't even get a chance to be charged with anything.

• Options
    jeffbr said:

JimmyV said:

fife said:

JimmyV said:

Exactly. I totally get the contempt the people of Ferguson have for their justice system. I'm glad the feds are there cleaning it up. It is clearly way past due. People certainly have valid grievances. They should protest, and they should talk about those things that need to be fixed. But they need to get off of the Michael Brown thing. It completely sabotages their position, and makes many of us unwilling to join their voices. Brown was a criminal. Brown was a punk. Brown wasn't an example of Ferguson PD gone wrong. Brown was an example of how to turn a routine stop into a deadly shooting by being an asshole. I'm glad Ferguson is going to see some changes. I wish Brown hadn't been their poster child.
    Quit making sence dude in your thoughts about little Mike, you are confusing people on here.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited March 2015
    And the more times I hear some here use the word "thug" the more I'm convinced that they are using it contextually in a racist way.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    dignin said:

And the more times I hear some here use the word "thug" the more I believe that they are using it contextually in a racist way.

The behavior exhibited in that convenience store is without doubt thug-like behavior. The color of Brown's skin is irrelevant to me. The racism charge is just flat wrong.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    muskydan said:

lolobugg said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

fife said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Jason P said:

no I am not.

lets do a role reversal.

sounds like a great fit.
    It would be easier and more rewarding to be the police in Iraq or Afganistan than in than lousey town.
    From Dirty Harry to Rambo. You play a variety of roles.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

Jason P said:

they will contract with st louis county police. the current police will be let go and new guys will be brought in. that is what our news channels are saying anyway.
    dignin said:

And the more times I hear some here use the word "thug" the more I'm convinced that they are using it contextually in a racist way.

Thank Tupac for that.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    jeffbr said:

JimmyV said:

fife said:

JimmyV said:

Perfectly stated. I'm so sick of Brown being made out to be some innocent angel. Obviously there are a lot of issues in Ferguson, but Brown being the poster child for it makes it difficult to jump on the bandwagon.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    JimmyV said:

dignin said:

And the more times I hear some here use the word "thug" the more I believe that they are using it contextually in a racist way.

The behavior exhibited in that convenience store is without doubt thug-like behavior. The color of Brown's skin is irrelevant to me. The racism charge is just flat wrong.

Come on, JimmyV! This is the internet....people love labeling people as racists!

• Options
    fife said:

JimmyV said:

Get serious.

When you stole your bag of chips did you rough up the store owner, ignore a cop as they told you to get out of the middle of the street, and then proceed to punch the cop?

Yah. Brown was a little angel.

Geezuz Murphy.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    You guys realize that the ONLY reason this DoJ report came out was because it was determined by EVERYBODY that Wilson was 100% justified in shooting Brown? That they had to go through that department with a fine tooth comb and note EVERYTHING that could be considered racist. Somebody had to "pay" for what happened to Brown even though what happened was 100% HIS FAULT.

If you dug through every organization in the country the way the feds dug into the FPD, my money would be on finding a couple racist people. Somebody had to take the fall.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

You guys realize that the ONLY reason this DoJ report came out was because it was determined by EVERYBODY that Wilson was 100% justified in shooting Brown? That they had to go through that department with a fine tooth comb and note EVERYTHING that could be considered racist. Somebody had to "pay" for what happened to Brown even though what happened was 100% HIS FAULT.

If you dug through every organization in the country the way the feds dug into the FPD, my money would be on finding a couple racist people. Somebody had to take the fall.

This is highly sspeculative, and very dismissive of the issues they uncovered...regardless of why they went digging.
    They didn't just find "a couple racist people" they found a system-wide problem. Some people wonder why Brown didn't respect authority in Wilson, other people wonder how he could be expected to with such a racist system in place.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

This is highly sspeculative, and very dismissive of the issues they uncovered...regardless of why they went digging.
    They didn't just find "a couple racist people" they found a system-wide problem. Some people wonder why Brown didn't respect authority in Wilson, other people wonder how he could be expected to with such a racist system in place.
    So now you are blaming the police and civil society for Little Mikes actions? You hear that?? That's a fart in your general direction. Come on man!!!!
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

So now you are blaming the police and civil society for Little Mikes actions? You hear that?? That's a fart in your general direction. Come on man!!!!
    I think more correctly he is blaming "cops" like you for creating an environment where young people are profiled and don't trust their "civil servants" to treat them like a human being.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited March 2015
    rgambs said:

That's garbage. (Not that what I said isn't speculative, it is, the second paragraph.) Had Wilson actually done something wrong and been charged with a crime, the DoJ doesn't spend a minute in Ferguson.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

To a very small extent, yes. Very small.
    When you make your racist comments about the people who live in the ghetto, you get to blame your experiences there for your attitudes. When Brown shows a lack of respect for authority he doesn't get to blame his experiences in Ferguson for his attitudes?
    Explain please.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

I think more correctly he is blaming "cops" like you for creating an environment where young people are profiled and don't trust their "civil servants" to treat them like a human being.
    If he didn't trust them... then he should have been more careful with them.

This isn't a case of trust as much as it was a case of disregard.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

rgambs said:

That's garbage. (Not that what I said isn't speculative, it is, the second paragraph.) Had Wilson actually done something wrong and been charged with a crime, the DoJ doesn't spend a minute in Ferguson.
    What's garbage? The FACTS that were uncovered in the investigation? Again, you speculate wildly. The investigation was announced long before the Grand Jury decision was given, remember?
  • Options

lolobugg said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

If he didn't trust them... then he should have been more careful with them.

This isn't a case of trust as much as it was a case of disregard.
    everybody has their breaking point....not saying this guy was an angel and was probably guilty of criminal behavior... but being someone who has dealt with bullying behavior- I can understand.

think of all the people who are bullied that don't act on it. media just highlighted this one incendiary case.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore