Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

..........o.k I 'll say it "SO WHAT !!!!!" if Michael Brown was a "young white male" we wouldn't be having this topic to drag a police officer thru the mud.

Godfather.

Exactly, because he would still be alive!
    I think any skin color that- fresh off a store heist and middle of the street cool swagger- defies simple commands, assaults a cop, and tries to grab the cop's weapon might find themselves dead as well.

Show me a white guy in the same situation and I'll show you a dead white guy barring exceptional tolerance on the part of the cop.
    It was half in jest, but I think it's been proven on these boards that there are plenty of examples of young white men who have transgressed police just as badly and survived, finding examples of young black men who have transgressed to this level and survived would be pretty difficult.
    We only talk about what the media presents to us.

Right now... the media is salivating for a 'white cop kills back guy' headline.

The white kid in the police abuse thread was unknown to me. I had no idea that had happened. When I first saw the video... I wanted to crucify the officer. After the facts were revealed, I relented. It was a rough situation, however the cop wasn't as brutal as I originally thought.

There are many here that, despite the facts, refuse to back off their original emotional response. Even though it has been definitively established Wilson was in the right, they refuse to admit it and are pleased his life is the shits.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    When refrencing this story in the media they always say"Michael Brown,the unarmed teenager shot and killed by police"
    That already is dripping with bias and slants the perspective.trumped up to garner sympathy.A more accurate description might frame things differently.Only a mention of the police actions and not the actions of sweet angelic little Mikey's.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited August 2015
    rr165892 said:

When refrencing this story in the media they always say"Michael Brown,the unarmed,black, teenager shot and killed by a white cop"
    That already is dripping with bias and slants the perspective.trumped up to garner sympathy.A more accurate description might frame things differently.Only a mention of the police actions and not the actions of sweet angelic little Mikey's.

Fixed
  • Options

rr165892 said:

When refrencing this story in the media they always say"Michael Brown,the unarmed,black, teenager shot and killed by a white cop"

Fixed
    My bad
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Poor whites having it so freakin hard. Being framed. Get the raw deal. The injustices.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Poor whites having it so freakin hard. Being framed. Get the raw deal. The injustices.

Yea, it's never happened.
  • Options

callen said:

1:1000000000 ratio.

The more I think about the bad cop thing the more I believe cops are the scapegoat for societal failures. Cops and firefighters are left cleaning up our capitalistic fueled mess.

Fk guns. Fk underfunding of mental organizations. Fk spending on wars. Fk underfunding schools.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

callen said:

1:1000000000 ratio.

The more I think about the bad cop thing the more I believe cops are the scapegoat for societal failures. Cops and firefighters are left cleaning up our capitalistic fueled mess.

Fk guns. Fk underfunding of mental organizations. Fk spending on wars. Fk underfunding schools.
    This post I will agree with Cal.The post before it not so much.
    It's not about if we as white men have to deal with issue of race on the same level as a black man.I agree with that.But each person as an individual has to be accountable for their individual actions regardless of race,color,sexual orientation or gender.
    An asshole is an asshole.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,167
    well protesters shut down highway 70 this evening. thankfully i missed it by 15 minutes. i moved from my old house where i reported the events from last year, but i had a front row seat for today's highway shutdown. people on social media here are very angry about the shutdown.

last night at the ferguson protest 4 undercover cops shot a teenager in ferguson who apparently fired on their unmarked car. shit is kicking up again around here.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

well protesters shut down highway 70 this evening. thankfully i missed it by 15 minutes. i moved from my old house where i reported the events from last year, but i had a front row seat for today's highway shutdown. people on social media here are very angry about the shutdown.

last night at the ferguson protest 4 undercover cops shot a teenager in ferguson who apparently fired on their unmarked car. shit is kicking up again around here.

Like we said in another thread.These "movement" folks are biting themselves in the ass.They are taking their message and dragging it thru the mud.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    I agree rr this movement will never get what's it's trying to accomplish by having these kids behaving like criminals ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Im all for the downfall of corrupt cops but these citizens are doing themselves in. Remember in Baltimore when the cops stopped patrolling on purpose? So much crime and chaos that they started begging for the cops.

Im in one of the most violent cities in America. You need cops to function. At this point the protests we're watching on TV should also target black on black crime.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Im all for the downfall of corrupt cops but these citizens are doing themselves in. Remember in Baltimore when the cops stopped patrolling on purpose? So much crime and chaos that they started begging for the cops.

Im in one of the most violent cities in America. You need cops to function. At this point the protests we're watching on TV should also target black on black crime.

Welcome to the Police Liberal society has been demanded. Proactive Policing is a thing of the past for cops who want to keep their jobs and stay out of the paper, plus its a lot safer by simply responding to calls, waiting for backup, and writing a report. The sad thing is tax paying law abiding citizens will be effected most.

Black on Black crime you say…Come on man, personal responsibility don't sell papers…It's always someone else's fault...
  • Options
    It is too bad few go violent. Doesn't though take away from frustrations that are justified.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    white supremacist liberalism!
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    how is looting robbing and burning down buildings justified ? the shooting was justified the actions of rioters were not.

Godfather.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

how is looting robbing and burning down buildings justified ? the shooting was justified the actions of rioters were not.

Godfather.

Ignorant.
    The frustration over police procedures which have been proven to be racially biased is justified. Callen isn't justifying the violence, his statement is self-evident.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    How about these Bundy ranch fantasizing "oathkeepers" out there in their idiotic garb and assault rifles.
    Real scholars there folks.

Even the cops want them gone.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

Ignorant.
    The frustration over police procedures which have been proven to be racially biased is justified. Callen isn't justifying the violence, his statement is self-evident.
    Proven by who? The DoJ?
  • Options

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Ignorant.
    Proven by who? The DoJ?
    The DoJ brought the evidence to light, and the evidence speaks load and clear to objective observers.
  • Options

Godfather.

Frustrations are justified. We are sooooo lucky to be old white dudes GF.
  • Options

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Ignorant.
    Proven by who? The DoJ?
    Not just this case. Arghhhhhh
  • Options
    callen said:

Godfather.

Watch the "old" talk Cal.46 is still young in south Fl.lol
  • Options
    callen said:

Godfather.

my responce was not intended to be a sharp blow I apoligize if came off that way, to me.....LOL !!
    there are better ways to get the attention of the DOJ or local/national media or who ever rather than rioting and distroying property and hurting / killing innocent people, what if all the biker communitys rioted over this shooting in Texas then robbed and looted stores ? most people lawyer up and go where it hurts $$$$$ ...if there is a case.

Godfather.

• Options

callen said:

Godfather.

my responce was not intended to be a sharp blow I apoligize if came off that way, to me.....LOL !!
    there are better ways to get the attention of the DOJ or local/national media or who ever rather than rioting and distroying property and hurting / killing innocent people, what if all the biker communitys rioted over this shooting in Texas then robbed and looted stores ? most people lawyer up and go where it hurts $$$$$ ...if there is a case.

Godfather.

That doesn't work, the racist cops will just say that they won the ghetto lottery and go on with their racist practices.
    Unfortunately, the rest of the cops will be complicit.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

That doesn't work, the racist cops will just say that they won the ghetto lottery and go on with their racist practices.
    and what of the racist rioters ? there is always a way to find the truth.

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,804

rgambs said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

The rioters represented themselves as opportunists and were a small percentage of the actual protesters.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

The rioters represented themselves as opportunists and were a small percentage of the actual protesters.
    I saw several hundred if not thousands of rioters on tv last year. How small do you really think it was?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,804

mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I saw several hundred if not thousands of rioters on tv last year. How small do you really think it was?
    How many images were from the same area from different angles and media outlets?

Did you see overhead shots?

Lets also define rioters and protesters .

I should have clarified my post relating it too looters.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tell that to the business owners that lost millions of dollars from fire,vandalism and theft.

Godfather.