Options

Pearl Jam Bellingham 5/10/2000 Vault Show #4 Vinyl PreSale. CD/Digital on sale now! Free Digital D!

Comments

• Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    Spags said:

$100 for this is just too rich for my blood.

I agree. The price of the vinyl is good, but the shipping to Canada is ridiculous.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Will be buying this and pretty stoked on another cool vault vinyl. But domestic shipping 12.99$ and i would have to pass if i had to pay whats being charged for international s&h. Ouch :(
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Unlimited quantities?

Flippers feeding frenzy
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Not really. Cause anyone will be able to get it. The "flipability" of this should be rather low considering how many can be purchased and out there.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited August 2014
    JV130312 said:

Not really. Cause anyone will be able to get it. The "flipability" of this should be rather low considering how many can be purchased and out there.

That's what everyone said about vault 3 and now those are going for $200+.

I am totally willing to spend $100 on this. That's way less than I paid for most of my PJ vinyl, lol. It just kinds of galls me that the shipping charge is so high but there is not even any tracking. I don't understand what the problem is here. Why no tracking on packages to Canada at least???? The shipping price is for tracked packages - I know because I ship and receive to and from the US regularly - yet there is no tracking when 10c arranges the shipping. How come they are okay with being ripped off by their mail service and passing the ripoff on to its members?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    i can't remember, was there a quantity limit on Vault #3?
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478

6 days before the album release date (when leaks weren't a thing)

Leaks were definitely a thing in 2000. This was a full two years after the Yield leak.

It would be nice to know how this recording began life. If it began life as digital, I don't see much point in buying the vinyl except as a collector's item. It's funny how in the 80s it was all about converting analog to digital. Now we live in an age where digital is being converted to analog.
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    vaggar99 said:

no limit, but you could only order one at a time.

i ended up ordering two copies of vault 3, mainly because i was there, and it was AMAZING!

that way, in case anything happens to any of the lps, id have a back up replacement to throw on the platter.

cheers B-)
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    Looking for Vault #3 and all I see are crazy ass prices. I might order an extra later this month and use that as bait for a vault #3. Hate that you have to play this game.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    vaggar99 said:

There wasn't. Only thing mentioned in the sale description was ..

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/209137/vault-3-in-goods-vinyl-cd-download/

For the first time, the Ten Club is making a vault show available on vinyl.
    Pre-order this limited edition, 180 gram 3-LP set now .
    Pre-orders available to 10C members only begins immediately and ends at 5 PM Pacific on June 24th.
    LP sets will be made to order and will ship around September 1
    A 256 kps MP3 version of the show will be available to you when you place the order.
    After the pre-sale, there will be a very limited number available to non-members.
    Cards will be charged shortly after purchase.

• Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I'm kinda bummed that we don't get MP3 copy when we order the Vinyl like Vault 3.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    jonsey30 said:

I'm kinda bummed that we don't get MP3 copy when we order the Vinyl like Vault 3.

There is a really good SBD recording of the show circulating around. Grab it and it should help the wait.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    jonsey30 said:

Yes it stinks, but I imagine they don't want it torrented before the actual release.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,874
    I like the choice even though I've had a great sounding version of this for years
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    GeoScottGeoScott South Carolina Posts: 151

I like the choice even though I've had a great sounding version of this for years

I haven't thought about this show for a while, and when the announcement was made I was on my way to impulse purchase the MP3 downloads.
    Later I realized, as you said, that there's been a quality version of this unreleased show circulating in the PJ underground for quite some time.
    Makes me wonder if I'll have the same impulse feeling in 4 or 5 months when it's released as I did this afternoon. :-/
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    tinz. said:

Horse2345 said:

$37 shipping to Canada and it probably wont arrive for 3 months after its shipped. Time to change shipping methods people.

No kidding 40 to ship a record? Lol come on that's stupid.. I live closer to Seattle then some states
    I have to agree :(
    For that price it should be over night priority courier!
    $40 to BC!, brutal....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    They just need to get with the act and use USPS. Im sure this would come in around $27 to Canada and that includes tracking. UPS is fucking garbage.
  • Options

They just need to get with the act and use USPS. Im sure this would come in around $27 to Canada and that includes tracking. UPS is fucking garbage.

The biggest thing I don't understand is how is the shipping cost the same for everyone else outside of the USA? There is no way the package shipped to Canada @ $37 is same as shipping the same package to Greece. That's impossible! At $37 dollars, we should be able to receive a tracking number here in Canada. With $100 insurance. Also receive the package in 3-5 business day's. I won't be surprised that folks in Europe, Australia & Asia will receive their Vault 4 vinyls before we do up here in Canada. THAT blow's my mind!!

The UPS Empire has taken over the 10club system for calculating the cost of shipping items to Canada. I just pray Pearl Jam Co. goes back & do a test run. If they have a left over Vault 3 vinyl, check the many options (which I hope they have to shipping items in their system) and send one out to Canada for a test spin.

If UPS only has one given shipping option / rate for 10club to ship their items to Canada, that is totally sad. :(
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    MedozK said:

jonsey30 said:

There is a really good SBD recording of the show circulating around. Grab it and it should help the wait.
    SBD?
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    jonsey30 said:

MedozK said:

jonsey30 said:

SBD?
    Soundboard.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Also, is it confirmed there won't be a download card with this, or is it just people assuming there is not one?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    I'm pretty excited about this. 94-98 would have been ideal, but I'm not going to turn down a 00 show that hasn't been released yet. Hang in there, folks. We'll get a No Code vault show soon.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options

Also, is it confirmed there won't be a download card with this, or is it just people assuming there is not one?

The past few year's now every vinyl I have purchased from the 10club store I received an email with an MP3 download link.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm sure we'll get the download if we order the vinyl, we'll just have to wait til release date.
  • Options

I'm sure we'll get the download if we order the vinyl, we'll just have to wait til release date.

Totally. The soundboard recording that was first broadcasted on SiriusXM Pearl Jam radio few year's back will keep me company till then. ;)

• Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    I'll chime in as a Canadian here who collects vinyl. First off I love the 2000 tour, I am very excited by the show choice. This release and vault 3 are the reason I am a fan club member (tickets aside) these releases are what I want out of this fan club. Vault 3 is fantastic in terms of quality of vinyl, sound and mastering. It could not have been done any better. Now the shipping, yes this seems steep but the hardcover triple vinyl is worth more then 50.00 to begin with imo. These are being made to order so its going to cost a little more and I think 50.00 is more then generous for what were getting here. If this is done to the perfection like vault 3 was and the shipping packaging is done how it was last time I can look past the shipping charge. For people who want to do the third man records comparison the vault is now costing me close to 80.00 a month now with exchange as they have raised shipping as well and Pj's Vault 3 and likely Vault 4 are better then anything I get from them. But at the end of the day for me It's a live PJ show on vinyl and nothing beats that for me and a shipping charge won't change that
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    hinsey21 said:

I'll chime in as a Canadian here who collects vinyl. First off I love the 2000 tour, I am very excited by the show choice. This release and vault 3 are the reason I am a fan club member (tickets aside) these releases are what I want out of this fan club. Vault 3 is fantastic in terms of quality of vinyl, sound and mastering. It could not have been done any better. Now the shipping, yes this seems steep but the hardcover triple vinyl is worth more then 50.00 to begin with imo. These are being made to order so its going to cost a little more and I think 50.00 is more then generous for what were getting here. If this is done to the perfection like vault 3 was and the shipping packaging is done how it was last time I can look past the shipping charge. For people who want to do the third man records comparison the vault is now costing me close to 80.00 a month now with exchange as they have raised shipping as well and Pj's Vault 3 and likely Vault 4 are better then anything I get from them. But at the end of the day for me It's a live PJ show on vinyl and nothing beats that for me and a shipping charge won't change that

=D> =D> =D>
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    hinsey21 said:

Agreed, sir.
    The sound quality/mastering of Vault 3 for vinyl is amazing. I hope they do as great a job on this one.

As for Third Man, yeah it is getting expensive to maintain that habit,
    but I just can't ween myself off as long as they are still releasing White Stripes shit.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    lolobugg said:

hinsey21 said:

Agreed, sir.
    The sound quality/mastering of Vault 3 for vinyl is amazing. I hope they do as great a job on this one.

As for Third Man, yeah it is getting expensive to maintain that habit,
    but I just can't ween myself off as long as they are still releasing White Stripes shit.
    Yeah same, anytime its White Stripes related I am in. I don't get anything else though. Looking forward to Live in Japan!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Plus, everyone complaining about the $37 int'l shipping charges will be kicking themselves in the ass down the road for not ordering this at $87 once it hits the secondary market for $150+.