Options

Pearl Jam Bellingham 5/10/2000 Vault Show #4 Vinyl PreSale. CD/Digital on sale now! Free Digital D!

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I wish most PJ vinyl sounded as good as Vault 3 and Sevens. Im sure Vault 4 will sound great as well.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

I wish most PJ vinyl sounded as good as Vault 3 and Sevens. Im sure Vault 4 will sound great as well.

yeah, after spinning both the black and red version of Lightning Bolt,
    I wish I would've been online the day Sevens went on sale.
    I hear it is def worth it to hear it in 45rpm.
    love vault 3 but very disappointed with the mastering of LB for vinyl

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I WAS THERE!

my first show too...thank you SO much 10c for putting this out, still have my ticket stub and t-shirt from the show...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

mcgruff10 said:

Another 2000 show? I ve already got 72 shows from 2000 to listen too. How about something from 94 to 96?

I'm with ya
    +1

Oh well, stoked for another Vault release on wax!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    edited August 2014
    hinsey21 said:

I'll chime in as a Canadian here who collects vinyl. First off I love the 2000 tour, I am very excited by the show choice. This release and vault 3 are the reason I am a fan club member (tickets aside) these releases are what I want out of this fan club. Vault 3 is fantastic in terms of quality of vinyl, sound and mastering. It could not have been done any better. Now the shipping, yes this seems steep but the hardcover triple vinyl is worth more then 50.00 to begin with imo. These are being made to order so its going to cost a little more and I think 50.00 is more then generous for what were getting here. If this is done to the perfection like vault 3 was and the shipping packaging is done how it was last time I can look past the shipping charge. For people who want to do the third man records comparison the vault is now costing me close to 80.00 a month now with exchange as they have raised shipping as well and Pj's Vault 3 and likely Vault 4 are better then anything I get from them. But at the end of the day for me It's a live PJ show on vinyl and nothing beats that for me and a shipping charge won't change that

It wouldn't keep me from buying it either - Vault 3 is beautiful. But I still expect tracking and speedy delivery for that kind of shipping charge. I have NEVER seen anyone charge that much for shipping without providing those 2 things, and I have a lot of things shipped to me. No matter how good the item is, I don't like being ripped off. And I don't like being left with the uncertainty that there is when a package isn't tracked when I paid an amount that should ensure tracking. This is just wrong IMO.

As for TMR and their Vaults, I only pay $10 more for the shipping compared to what is being charged Americans. That's reasonable, AND those packages are tracked!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,232

It wouldn't keep me from buying it either - Vault 3 is beautiful. But I still expect tracking and speedy delivery for that kind of shipping charge. I have NEVER seen anyone charge that much for shipping without providing those 2 things, and I have a lot of things shipped to me. No matter how good the item is, I don't like being ripped off. And I don't like being left with the uncertainty that there is when a package isn't tracked when I paid an amount that should ensure tracking. This is just wrong IMO.

Amen

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,433
    I think the quality of the product and how well it was packaged and shipped last time makes it worth it, but I did have to think about it. In the end, like the other dude said, I would be bitter paying $150 for it next Spring.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    pantelis79pantelis79 Posts: 156
    demetrios said:

71step28 said:

I paid $4.96 international shipping costs for the vault 3 vinyl last June. And now $37.49, this is ridiculous :(( But yes, I paid, means I ordered anyway. but seriously, where is this leading to?

It was only $4.96 international shipping on the Vault 3 vinyl? That's .. impossible!!! @-)
    It's not impossible, as you see. $5.55 to have 2 copies shipped to Greece - the other side of the globe.

Lots of complaints when Benaroya vinyl was sold for $40.

These are reasonable complaints Santos. If I buy a copy of Vault #4 and have it delivered to Greece, I should pay #50 for the album plus $38 for shipping. This means that I will have to pay $88 to get the album, which is reasonable to annoy me, thinking that just over a year ago I paid $52.78 for an album of the same weight. You should consider all this feedback concerning shipping prices. We may love PJ and buy almost everything they put out, but we are also customers, apart from being fans. Thinking as a fan, I would love to have Vault #4 on vinyl, but thinking as a customer, I find it ridiculous to have to pay shipping prices almost as high as record prices. The fan usually beats the customer in this battle inside me, but this won't happen all the time and I bet there are others thinking the way I do. I repeat that you should rethink the shipping policy, prices have risen A LOT during the past year.

Please, do not consider this bitching. I'm just presenting my thoughts. The thing with shipping has become really annoying.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I have to agree... 20 dollars seems expensive to ship a vinyl from the US to another country. 37 is crazy expensive. Since 10c doesn't release these to retail we only have the choice of pay the 10c's expensive shipping fees or don't buy the record. I ordered because it would suck to have a hole in my collection... but the 10c really isn't trying if they can't figure out how to ship a record to canada for less than 37 dollars.
  • Options
    pantelis79pantelis79 Posts: 156
    I'm not saying that the 10C are not trying. They just need to understand that expensive shipping prices is a big problem. If they do, I believe that they are going to solve it, sooner or later. That's why I spoke presenting numbers. $5.55 for 2 copies last year, $38 for one copy this year.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    llessuRllessuR Posts: 195
    Excited for this, just ordered. My first Pearl Jam live vinyl. Binaural has really grown on me the past few years.
    http://www.audiohammock.com - Rock, Indie, and Electronic reviews, news, and the AudioHammock podcast.
    Favorite Albums of 2014 Article
    -Gorge 2005
    -Bonnaroo 2008
    -Key Arena 1 & 2 2009
    -Spokane 2013
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

I'm not saying that the 10C are not trying. They just need to understand that expensive shipping prices is a big problem. If they do, I believe that they are going to solve it, sooner or later. That's why I spoke presenting numbers. $5.55 for 2 copies last year, $38 for one copy this year.

Lets say its ok the price..lets say worth 38$
    Why takes 4-8 weeks?
    I ship those europe badges i made.contest at facebook page..
    5 working days greece to texas..6days to california and so on..with the cheapest method..cost me 2euros per packet to sent
    when u order something and makes 2 monthsti arrive u lose the excitment to get it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

Plus, everyone complaining about the $37 int'l shipping charges will be kicking themselves in the ass down the road for not ordering this at $87 once it hits the secondary market for $150+.

Indeed. First play of this and no-one will be thinking "oh this just cost me $37 in shipping"!!!

Yeah it's more expensive in shipping than normal but it's also a hefty item. I don't think 10c are charging $37 shipping for the fun of it.

The irony is those complaining about the price will have already put their order in!!! I will order but I'll wait closer to the deadline, no need to rush to order.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    consider this I just shipped my US collection back to france: more than 120 lp for 300 euros... thats around 4$ a piece!
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,964
    Yes, $37 shipping is expensive and 10c should look after their customers by search for a new courier company. If an individual can ship it from 10c to New York and then onto Europe for a cheaper price than 10c can do it directly then clearly 10c is receiving a bad deal.

However, I think people still should consider buying it because:
    * Most PJ vinyl sounds like crap and Vault 3 was a welcome surprise in sound quality
    * People spend a lot of money on merch that will not reward them as much as this record
    * If you decide you want it in December you will pay a lot more to a flipper
    * And if you buy it and decide you don't want it, you'll get at least your money back on the secondary market

2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    mandarine65mandarine65 Posts: 133
    edited August 2014
    nonetheless I have to add that a big label like relapse will ship for the same price as 10c, like a mastodon double lp boxset will cost you 50$ + 50$ shipping, and a small label like Temporary residence will charge you 50 for 4 lps so...I think the US postal services are the ones to blame the 10c seems unfortunately fair
    Post edited by mandarine65 on
  • Options

How about answering the question of why the shipping cost has gone up 30 dollars since last Valut-release... instead of giving a drive-by comment about... how we should be grateful... for... something...you..think we should.. be grateful...for?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Horse2345 said:

RD101189 said:

Some people are never happy. This is reasonable for a 3 vinyl album. Popmarket was just selling Pychedelic Pill on 3 LP for $49.99 yesterday and that was a special price!

Nobodys complaining about the price of the actual record.
    +1 Santos might wanna read what people are complaining about before a smart ass remark. Actually a business appropriate response would have made sense, but we all know we RARELY get a response. Good try though.

Yep...funny how they'll shut down threads when people aren't being civil to each other, but then come in a thread and mock people for complaining.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I sent a Coke Ten to Aus and it cost me about that much to send it there. I'm in US. But I think that you shouldn't have to do separate orders with separate shipping costs if they are preorders. Why couldn't they save on shipping costs and send the number of LP sets you want in one package? That might help some people, esp with international orders. Some people will prob order one to spin and one to keep sealed. Hopefully not to flip, but now the popularity is for "trade bait"
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Dowder5167Dowder5167 Posts: 195
    I agree with the fact that if you're unsure whether you want it or not, I suggest getting it. Vault 3 was so well worth it, it took me all of about 15 seconds to decide I wanted this. The presentation alone makes it great. Hope all vault vinyl in the future are constructed the same.
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    What incentive does the 10c have to change anything when they really aren't losing any sales? All you who complain are still buying it. When sales suffer, something will be done.
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

How about answering the question of why the shipping cost has gone up 30 dollars since last Valut-release... instead of giving a drive-by comment about... how we should be grateful... for... something...you..think we should.. be grateful...for?
    Unfortunately only reads bits a pieces (obviously, as his comment is completely irrelevant to the discussion).

Next vault should cost you foreigners about $75 to ship... :-q
  • Options
    It's not even the amount of $37. It's that this is the cost of premium shipping services, yet we're getting no services at all. And it shouldn't cost the same to ship to Vancouver, BC, which is only 200 miles away from 10C, as it does to ship around the world. We just want the shipping prices to make some sense Santos, not for them to be $6.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

What incentive does the 10c have to change anything when they really aren't losing any sales? All you who complain are still buying it. When sales suffer, something will be done.

I actually do think they care a little more about customer service than that... or at least want to.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    There's a big debate within many companies over whether shipping costs should be used as a profit generator (ie. marking up their shipping prices), and I would personally be surprised if the Ten Club isn't doing this. That being said, it's not fair to shoot the messenger, as Santos likely doesn't have the authority to divulge that information whether it's happening or not.

In addition, Ten Club are actually not obligated to go one way or the other. Whereas with most merchandise, if you don't like the costs, you can go elsewhere to get the same product typically for less money - this is merchandise which Ten Club has a monopoly on. It's a product that I want - if it's worth $87 to me, I'll buy it. If it's not, I won't. Would it be nice if the Ten Club lowered their prices? Certainly. Are they obligated to? Nope. They're a business, and their goal is to optimize profit.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    wish we were getting it sooner but hey fuck it be awesome
    danny d
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Btw i just got this bundle deal from Jackpot in PDX with free shipping....
    http://www.jackpotrecords.net/jackpot-records-online-store/the-wipers-first-four-vinyl/
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879

Next vault should cost you foreigners about $75 to ship... :-q

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited August 2014
    Aah never mind, I just saw that this has been addressed already. I'm on my phone and the app is driving me nuts with the forum sometimes...

So I ordered one as well. By December, we will have moved to a new address though. Do I have to change my Tenclub address now already, cancel the order and get a new one with the new address? It will they ship it to the address that is in my Tenclub account at the time of shipping?
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Aah never mind, I just saw that this has been addressed already. I'm on my phone and the app is driving me nuts with the forum sometimes...

So I ordered one as well. By December, we will have moved to a new address though. Do I have to change my Tenclub address now already, cancel the order and get a new one with the new address? It will they ship it to the address that is in my Tenclub account at the time of shipping?

HI LEEZ :-h
    CONGRATS to you & CAV on your new home!!
    I would drop Santos an e-mail now and let the shipping folks know about your upcoming move.
    Can't wait to see you guys in Detroit & Moline!!!!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170