Options

Ed's Autographed Baseball & Ernie Banks and Ed's autographed print . Closed!

Comments

• Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    I just got an email from them: The baseballs are no longer available. However our Cubs Charities team will be posting a few Eddie Vedder autographed items on the Cubs' auction page early next week. You can place bids on these items by visiting cubs.com/auctions.
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    Wonder what Ed goodies will be auctioned soon @ cubs.com/auctions. Know a friend of a friend who scored one of the balls yesterday afternoon. $200 + $15 shipped. Not sure how much they would charge to ship outside of the USA, or if they even do ship outside of the USA on these items.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    According to the Cubs radio broadcasters, EV stuck around for Friday's game and partied with them at Murphy's Bleachers Friday night
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Does anyone have a link that works? I can't find one that will play in the US
  • Options

Does anyone have a link that works? I can't find one that will play in the US

http://m.mlb.com/video/?content_id=34782763
  • Options
    sordeletsordelet Pullman, WA Posts: 12
    Not sure if anyone else noticed or if it is moot point but I noticed Ed wearing his wedding ring. I have watched numerous interviews and YouTube vids and have never seen him wearing it.
    East Troy (Alpine Valley), WI - 2000
    Chicago (Wrigley Field), IL - 2013
    Spokane, WA - 2013
    Denver, CO - 2014
    Seattle, WA Night 1 - 2018
    Missoula, MT - 2018
    Chicago, IL Night 1 - 2023
    Chicago, IL Night 2 - 2023
  • Options
    They added new goodies. Ed stuff probably soon ... http://cubs.com/auctions
  • Options
    If a signed Eddie Vedder baseball goes for more than an Ernie Banks one, does a signed Ernie Banks guitar go for more than an Eddie Vedder one?

I guess Ernie must hit the autograph circuit a lot which diminishes the value because otherwise that's just messed up.
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    Ernie is an unbelievable person. Met him many times. He will sign anything for anybody!
  • Options
    EV/Banks photo up on cubs site. $1500 and reserve not met!!!
  • Options
    $1,500 starting is pretty crazy, but it's framed which is nice. I could see it hitting $3k, especially for someone that went to the show.
  • Options
    Well the reserve on the signed Ed ball has been met. Now how much will one of these end at?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    holy shit
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

holy shit

Indeed!!!

The reserve hasn't even been met yet on the poster. Current bid @ $1,500.00. :-O
  • Options
    Already @$775 for one signed Ed ball! :bz
  • Options
    A few years ago they were selling EV signed balls at the cubs convention for $10! Got 3 of them and gave as gifts. I guess things change!
  • Options
    The reserve on the photo is nuts. I threw in a bid of $2K and its not hitting the reserve. Unreal.
  • Options
    Who were the lucky SOB's who bought one last Friday afternoon for $200 bucks?!?
    wwsuicide said:

A few years ago they were selling EV signed balls at the cubs convention for $10! Got 3 of them and gave as gifts. I guess things change!

Say whaaaa?!?! You scored 3 x $10 signed Ed balls few year's back?!? :-O
  • Options
    Ya. Maybe four years. Every celeb that sang the stretch would sign a few for WGN and they would sell them. I go every year and that only happened once but I capitalized!
  • Options
    Ernie Banks and Eddie Vedder autographed Pearl Jam Concert Photo
    Current Bid: $2,250.00 Reserve Not Met!!!!!!!

Seriously?!?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Holy Crap!! $800 for a baseball? I only paid $150 for Joe Dimaggio's autographed baseball.

I was really expecting to be able to get one of these....damn that's rich. A good cause though...hats off to Eddie for the donation.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CACA Posts: 30
    I was very lucky to get the last ball they sold Friday and thought $200 was a little high. After looking at the auction I guess I got a deal.
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635

Holy Crap!! $800 for a baseball? I only paid $150 for Joe Dimaggio's autographed baseball.

I was really expecting to be able to get one of these....damn that's rich. A good cause though...hats off to Eddie for the donation.

Wow! Maybe it's $800 for the whole box of baseballs? $-) $-) $-)
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    no it clearly says one ball.....they must be auctioning one at a time
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    burnsburns Posts: 109
    edited July 2014
    Shipping Rates : International = $100.00 ha ha ha - wtf, looks like Eddie bring it by himself or what
    demetrios said:
  • Options

The majority of the balls he were sold at the Cubs Authentics Kiosk during the game and then on Friday over the phone for $200 +SH each. I called on Friday and they had just sold the last one. The lady told me they had reserved a few to sell at various charity auctions over the coming weeks, so there may be a few more coming.
  • Options

How many though will be auctioned? Wondering how many of those balls last Friday that sold for only $200 they had. Totally tried for one but got bubkiss, just like my friends who tried. :(

3 hours has passed and the ball & poster auctions hasn't changed in price.
  • Options
    The ball is over $1k now with 13 days left!! Jiminy Christmas!!
  • Options

The ball is over $1k now with 13 days left!! Jiminy Christmas!!

Sweet zombie jebus!!! Just imagine if they were selling a baseball bat signed by Ed.