Options

Mystery posters in store now

Comments

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,999
    Apparently mystery box arrived today. Can't wait to get home. No sign of mystery poster. Located Melbourne, Australia
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    CopperTom said:

bean8969 said:

Which is the one from Camden? I can't find it online.

I rocked the shirt for years from that show with the same image on it. Love it!
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,999
    Mystery box had Berlin 2012 and Winnipeg 2011. Both in the shop still. Hope I get a good Mystery poster
  • Options
    BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    Seems this thread has completely derailed... Remember when people were posting regularly to report the poster they received in their mystery tubes? That was awesome. I miss that.
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849

Seems this thread has completely derailed... Remember when people were posting regularly to report the poster they received in their mystery tubes? That was awesome. I miss that.

Then the usual whining, complaining and over analyzing ensued. Typical
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    edited July 2014
    Just to get back on topic a bit - I'd be over the moon if I got any of the below. I think so far there has been a couple sent out? The Easy Street vinyl monster one and Donkey Kong? The two naff looking posters are London gigs I was at but didn't get the posters for...so while not amazing art, I'd still love to have them...

photo ScreenShot2014-07-31at140136_zps05a524dd.png
    Post edited by Spags on
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    I love that Boston '10 poster. Has that been reported yet?
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    I don't think so - somebody should create a Google Docs list...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags said:

Just to get back on topic a bit - I'd be over the moon if I got any of the below. I think so far there has been a couple sent out? The Easy Street vinyl monster one and Donkey Kong? The two naff looking posters are London gigs I was at but didn't get the posters for...so while not amazing art, I'd still love to have them...

I believe the Texas '03 was confirmed by at least one person. I happened to receive the poster just before that, Denver '03.
  • Options
    JosephKJosephK Posts: 217
    Just a reminder that if you get something that isn't your cup of tea, reach out to someone that has posted something you like and see if you can make a trade or a deal of some sorts!! I got a nice poster and traded it for a poster that I thought was even nice. I'm sure the other guy thought the same thing. The point of this isn't really to flip posters for cash and turn a 30 dollar investment into something greater. It's to get some old posters at a decent price, and maybe trade and have some more fun. The fun I had just WAITING for my poster was worth the 30 bucks alone! haha.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    JosephK said:

Just a reminder that if you get something that isn't your cup of tea, reach out to someone that has posted something you like and see if you can make a trade or a deal of some sorts!! I got a nice poster and traded it for a poster that I thought was even nice. I'm sure the other guy thought the same thing. The point of this isn't really to flip posters for cash and turn a 30 dollar investment into something greater. It's to get some old posters at a decent price, and maybe trade and have some more fun. The fun I had just WAITING for my poster was worth the 30 bucks alone! haha.

I was just going to ask who has actually completed trades so far. Nice!

Anybody else trade?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    edited July 2014
    JosephK said:

The point of this isn't really to flip posters for cash and turn a 30 dollar investment into something greater.

unfortunately i think this was exactly the point for some. if not, then to acquire some high value trade bait at least
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    FrankieG said:

JosephK said:

Anybody else trade?
    I traded St. Paul night 2 , 2006 for two bootlegs from the shop.
  • Options
    jeffer96jeffer96 Posts: 136
    FrankieG said:

JosephK said:

Anybody else trade?
    I'm driving to the Post Office over lunch to drop off a poster for BrainofJay. Nothing crazy, we both had duplicates to swap out.
  • Options
    JosephKJosephK Posts: 217
    I ended up trading a 2008 Camden Night 1 (Klausen) for a 2010 MSG Night 1 (Soto.) I went to the MSG show and was missing that one from my collection, so I was happy to exchange, though the red ink/skull/eagle is a pretty cool looking poster. Though all the MSG shows I went to hold a special place in my collection (I have the 1998, the Red 2008, and now 1 of the 2 2010s....one day I'll get a Donkey Kong.)
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 799
    I have 2008 msg 1 to trade would not mind a Wrigley Munk or crackerjack
  • Options
    ericwaller20ericwaller20 Posts: 325
    My mystery poster came in finally.
  • Options
    CButt2CButt2 Posts: 157
    JosephK said:

I couldn't agree more. Excellent comment. I'm still somewhat patiently waiting for my mystery tube too arrive in Canada.
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    edited July 2014
    mcgruff10 said:

Then the usual whining, complaining and over analyzing ensued. Typical
    Complaining about complainers always helps ;)
    Post edited by EnterThanman on
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I never got the whole premise of not being able to talk about complainers. And I don't think I actually complained, just brought up the typical course of a thread on this board. But ok. I believe a few threads above I talked about a trade I made.
    By the way, nice score on the Camden poster Eric! Has Camden been the only 98 to surface?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    Spags said:

Nice list! I'm hoping for something from a show I went to which I don't/no longer have.

Cleveland 2010 would be prime! Beyond that, something with great art or something that someone else is looking for so I can atleast get it in the hands of someone who wants it.

Truthfully, maybe I've convinced myself of this because I think I'll get it, but I don't even mind Cornice. If I get it I'll suck it up. Not to say that people don't have the right to be upset, but for me, it just is what it is.

• Options
    CButt2 said:

JosephK said:

I couldn't agree more. Excellent comment. I'm still somewhat patiently waiting for my mystery tube too arrive in Canada.
    Exactly, if I get a $30 poster them at the very worst I keep it in my flat file, or ideally I trade it for a low desired poster for a show it went to; there's plenty of those out there haha.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    edited July 2014
    I'll post again, if anyone wants to get rid of an Imagine in Cornice I'll take it off your hands or trade for it with one of the cheaper posters here:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/199312/trade-faithful-ale-notebook-iso-lo2l/p1
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    No one has wanted to trade for my mystery poster. I'll probably take to a Wishlist party for a donation.
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1703
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    RD101189 said:

No one has wanted to trade for my mystery poster. I'll probably take to a Wishlist party for a donation.

I'll trade, but all I got was the Euro Klausen that no one seems to want. :(
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/43085

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    RD101189 said:

What are you looking for?
  • Options
    bean8969bean8969 Posts: 99
    RD101189 said:

Love that poster. If I didn't already have it framed I'd try and make a deal.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Cornince for me as well... these mystery things are just not my luck! :|
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985

My mystery poster came in finally.

No one commented on this? If you did get this then GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Awesome!