Options

Mystery posters in store now

Comments

• Options
    JamesNJamesN Fort Lauderdale Posts: 190
    I imagine, going forward, that if 10club holds another mystery tube sale, all the posters should be - gig posters and collectible!!! Who wouldn't want a Paris '96, Albuquerque '98 or a fancy '03, '06, '08 etc. Limit sales to what is valuable, & sell the DVD handbills/posters in some other way...
    It really is unfair that we all pay the same amount, yet some people receive $300 posters, while others receive $10 promo sheets... Keep it simple - if there are 50 awesome posters, limit sales to 50, or raise the price, or auction them off!! That way the only complaint would be missing out, not feeling ripped off - not everyone who wanted a backpack got one...
    That being said, congrats to all those that scored big, & to those who were duped, maybe it's just karma ~ best of luck in the future!!!
    Wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well...
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Bitch, bitch, Bitch. You know what you were getting into. Quit complaining.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    Whoa!!! Mystery posters have already arrived in Canada before Europe? :-O
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    JamesN said:

I imagine, going forward, that if 10club holds another mystery tube sale, all the posters should be - gig posters and collectible!!! Who wouldn't want a Paris '96, Albuquerque '98 or a fancy '03, '06, '08 etc. Limit sales to what is valuable, & sell the DVD handbills/posters in some other way...
    It really is unfair that we all pay the same amount, yet some people receive $300 posters, while others receive $10 promo sheets... Keep it simple - if there are 50 awesome posters, limit sales to 50, or raise the price, or auction them off!! That way the only complaint would be missing out, not feeling ripped off - not everyone who wanted a backpack got one...
    That being said, congrats to all those that scored big, & to those who were duped, maybe it's just karma ~ best of luck in the future!!!

It is a mystery sale. It is a lottery. We all knew before the sale started. This was at least the 4th poster only mystery sale.

It is totally fair. I got a Halifax 2005 in a poster sale many years ago. I basically paid $30 for an errand: "sell Halifax for $30". Some got Easy Street. That is just the premise of the mystery sale.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    JamesN said:

It really is unfair that we all pay the same amount, yet some people receive $300 posters, while others receive $10 promo sheets...

Actually, that is what makes it awesome. Most people know there is a good chance you will get a clunker because those are the ones lying around in the warehouse.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

JamesN said:

It really is unfair that we all pay the same amount, yet some people receive $300 posters, while others receive $10 promo sheets...

Actually, that is what makes it awesome. Most people know there is a good chance you will get a clunker because those are the ones lying around in the warehouse.
    I agree, but let me try to explain this a little more clearly - This is a Fan Club event, not Powerball.There should only be two outcomes: winners & BIG winners. After reading 47 pages & 1400 posts, some people have a valid point - they didn't receive what was advertised. I pulled an '06 Klausen Euro, so I'm happy, but quite a few people didn't even get a gig poster, so my suggestion to Santos is to guarantee a solid minimum return on the price of admission - whatever that poster may be - & work up from there. That way, everyone who participates is at least satisfied, whatever the purchase cost price is or how limited the amount available. These sales are meant to be celebrations for the fans and a reward for loyalty - everyone who partakes should enjoy it, so it is up to our intrepid curator to make it so...

Now, let's see some Canadian & European mystery posters!!!
  • Options
    Got the Brisbane 2003 Surf Poster. Sweet!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JamesN said:

Get_Right said:

JamesN said:

After reading 47 pages & 1400 posts, some people have a valid point - they didn't receive what was advertised. I pulled an '06 Klausen Euro, so I'm happy, but quite a few people didn't even get a gig poster, so my suggestion to Santos is to guarantee a solid minimum return on the price of admission - whatever that poster may be - & work up from there. That way, everyone who participates is at least satisfied, whatever the purchase cost price is or how limited the amount available. These sales are meant to be celebrations for the fans and a reward for loyalty - everyone who partakes should enjoy it, so it is up to our intrepid curator to make it so...

JamesN said:

Get_Right said:

JamesN said:

quite a few people didn't even get a gig poster, so my suggestion to Santos is to guarantee a solid minimum return on the price of admission - whatever that poster may be - & work up from there.
    I think a lot of people assumed it would be a gig poster even though it wasn't explicitly stated. I think the 10c should offer those that received the cornice poster an opportunity for a refund or something else.

Other than that you pays your money and takes your chances. The reality of the poster market is that many of the posters have a market value that is below the selling price. In addition, those are what you are most likely to get, because, again, that is what is lying around. Piles of posters that did not sell. Powerball is a not a good analogy because a lot of people got great posters. But it is gambling, if you are not ready to blow $40 then stay away from the mystery sales.
  • Options
    Im not sure why that formatted that way^^^
  • Options
    musicsam3musicsam3 Posts: 233
    JamesN said:

Get_Right said:

JamesN said:

I agree, but let me try to explain this a little more clearly - This is a Fan Club event, not Powerball.There should only be two outcomes: winners & BIG winners. After reading 47 pages & 1400 posts, some people have a valid point - they didn't receive what was advertised. I pulled an '06 Klausen Euro, so I'm happy, but quite a few people didn't even get a gig poster, so my suggestion to Santos is to guarantee a solid minimum return on the price of admission - whatever that poster may be - & work up from there. That way, everyone who participates is at least satisfied, whatever the purchase cost price is or how limited the amount available. These sales are meant to be celebrations for the fans and a reward for loyalty - everyone who partakes should enjoy it, so it is up to our intrepid curator to make it so...

correct.
  • Options
    JamesN said:

Get_Right said:

JamesN said:

Here's the thing: I would have been unhappy getting the Euro 2006 Klausen poster you got. But not unhappy at the mystery sale, but my luck. Why would I be mad at the mystery sale if I got a poster, which is all the mystery sale guaranteed me? The value of the poster in the aftermarket is irrelevant, and the fan club shouldn't have to care about that. See, you want it both ways: you don't want the fan club to sell a poster worth $15 for $30, but you don't want the fan club to sell a poster worth $150 for $150 either. So unless you want the fan club to have 100 mystery sales at 100 different price levels, or just sell each poster for its FMV, the fair thing to do for both sides is the mystery sale format as is.

The Immagine in Cornice is a poster and not a handbill. 15'' by 24'' is a poster. It is also a Pearl Jam poster. People need to get over it or save the $37.50 for a dinner for two.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    I think our "curator" and others at 10C do this cause it's fun. When you buy records and posters like investments, like you're trading stocks, then it's not fun anymore.

That's not Santos' fault or 10C's fault, so keep the mystery themed purchases coming.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    The Immagine in Cornice is a poster and not a handbill. 15'' by 24'' is a poster. It is also a Pearl Jam poster. People need to get over it or save the $37.50 for a dinner for two.

One of them is 9"x15"
    A poster advertising the sale of Falla Sheep wouldn't be a PJ poster to me either.
    10 club is also a business. Sometimes there are duds or errors or disappointments.
    Customer service handles these in a way that benefits both parties.
    I think thats what is being said.
    Seems completely reasonable, not complaining.
  • Options
    musicsam3 said:

One of them is 9"x15"
    A poster advertising the sale of Falla Sheep wouldn't be a PJ poster to me either.
    10 club is also a business. Sometimes there are duds or errors or disappointments.
    Customer service handles these in a way that benefits both parties.
    I think thats what is being said.
    Seems completely reasonable, not complaining.

Is it is confirmed that it is the 9x15 version or did someone assume?
  • Options
    Y

JamesN said:

Get_Right said:

JamesN said:

Here's the thing: I would have been unhappy getting the Euro 2006 Klausen poster you got. But not unhappy at the mystery sale, but my luck. Why would I be mad at the mystery sale if I got a poster, which is all the mystery sale guaranteed me? The value of the poster in the aftermarket is irrelevant, and the fan club shouldn't have to care about that. See, you want it both ways: you don't want the fan club to sell a poster worth $15 for $30, but you don't want the fan club to sell a poster worth $150 for $150 either. So unless you want the fan club to have 100 mystery sales at 100 different price levels, or just sell each poster for its FMV, the fair thing to do for both sides is the mystery sale format as is.

I was talking about the 9x15; the 15x24 is nice.
    And again, love the mystery sale - it is fun & I am not lucky, just reasonable ~
  • Options
    confirmed.
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    edited August 2014

I received a Revenge of the Jedi 1982 Lucasfilm fan club print!

I'll keep it.

I actually have one of those "Revenge of the Jedi" Posters. I bought it from the Star Wars/ Luscasfilm fan club back in 1983 when they were made available.
    Post edited by cifrancgx on
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

Seriously. There have been a lot of collectable posters arriving from this mystery sale. In fact, there are WAY more than the previous mystery poster sale a few years back. With the exception of the Imagine in Cornice prints I think the 10club did an outstanding job with this sale.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691

Got the Brisbane 2003 Surf Poster. Sweet!

Wow so jealous! That's one of my favorites
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    jervin007 said:

Seriously. There have been a lot of collectable posters arriving from this mystery sale. In fact, there are WAY more than the previous mystery poster sale a few years back. With the exception of the Imagine in Cornice prints I think the 10club did an outstanding job with this sale.
    +1
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Just got the Gorge Ape in the UK
  • Options
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 913
    Nice score! Any customs duties to pay Paul?
    I know it's the luck of the draw but if one has got through we can hope.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    Ooooh, hope that means we will have some more monkey action in the UK then!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    rw160510 said:

Nice score! Any customs duties to pay Paul?
    I know it's the luck of the draw but if one has got through we can hope.

no customs thankfully, however I shipped to my work address which often means the customs charges are not applied......Not sure why but perhaps there is an expectation as to a Vat reclaim.

It is declared at $30 as a merchanise order so perhaps on the current currency exchange of say 1.68 to the £, that makes it £17.85. So if they use the best exchange rate these should all slip under the £18 radar
  • Options
    oh appear to have been redirected by Belgium post too
  • Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    Got Ames Toronto 2003 here in the UK
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    Mr RoarkeMr Roarke Canberra, Australia Posts: 6
    Got Chicago 2006 here in Australia.
    11/02/03 Sydney | 07/11/06 Sydney | 08/11/06 Sydney | 13/11/06 Melbourne | 18/11/06 Sydney | 19/11/06 Newcastle | 21/11/06 Adelaide | 22/11/06 Adelaide | 14/11/09 Perth | 17/11/09 Adelaide | 20/11/09 Melbourne | 22/11/09 Sydney | 25/11/09 Brisbane | 21/05/10 New York | 22/06/10 Dublin | 23/06/10 Belfast | 30/06/10 Berlin | 19/01/14 Gold Coast | 24/01/14 Melbourne | 26/01/14 Sydney
  • Options
    MI76260MI76260 Gothenburg, Sweden Posts: 142
    Nice to see that the overseas posters are appearing now! :-) can't wait to get back home to check if i have a package waiting for me...