Options

Iraq

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    fife said:

jeffbr said:

We need to wash our hands of it. We have spent too many dollars and lives and have proven to be incapable of bringing any sort of stability. We went there under false pretenses, stayed there too long, were asked to leave, and are now being begged to return. Time to stop chasing this one and admit defeat. We screwed up, we failed in our mission, we don't need to keep failing just to make ourselves feel like we're doing something. Anyone who thinks we should head back there is welcomed to head to your local recruiter and get signed up. But I won't have my kid fighting a bullshit action like this. Too many others have died in vain over Iraq and the middle east in general.

so you really believe that america should do nothing even since they cause alot of this shit? I am not trying to insult people but is that not being selfish? I am not a fan of this war and many other but i do believe that if you broke it you fix it.
    I do believe we should do nothing at this point even though we caused a lot of this shit. I also recognize that it is selfish. But I'll selfishly desire that my kid stays safe at the expense of someone else's. Sorry, but I'm not willing to put my own kid (or anyone elses) at risk to add more failure to an already failed effort. Do you think we can bring lasting peace to the region? If yes, at what cost? If no, then do you really think we should continue to put our own in harms way?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,221
    edited June 2014

like I have said before,it's been going on for thousands of years and it will never stop,the U.S needs to walk away until they make

Cosmo said:

Sir... I need to ask...
    what is funny about that?
    I mean, what is so funny about telling Iraq that they need to quit dropping their weapons and waiving the white flag as soon as someone points a gun at them?
    How much money did we spent trainning thier forces? How many Servicemen and women lost thie lives or have been serverly injured in standing them up to fight for themselves?
    Please, tell me why shouldn't they use the weapons and trainning we gave them... to stand up and fight for themselves?
    I am seriously looking forward to see how you answer this.
    well ISIS goal is to create a muslim state, this whole topic is what I have been in disagreement with, the muslims want a muslim world and are willing to kill anybody who even disagrees with them and you think I should be concerned with them ? I'm not sure what your getting at, my whole gripe with this is if the U.S helps either side as they did some years ago it will just keep happening and those dirt bags come to our country and start bullshit here as well so I say that we( the U.S) should back away and when they mess with us we shouls wipe their ass's right out.....we should have done that right after 9/11 or in my opinion or at the very least excuted those even remotely involved already but to be honest with you I think obama is kissing muslim ass somewhere in this whole mess...to the point of offering a reach around (that is an angry statement) and I'm a little tired of the "it's only the radical muslims" defence every time this issue is brought up, this whole crock of shit pisses me off.

Godfather.
    That's a nice little off-topic incoherent rant, sir... but you did not answer the question... Why are you laughing at President Obama telling Iraq to 'Solve their own problems' by standing up to the insurgents? Do you think that he is wrong? That they shouldn't stand up for themselves?
    And regarding your suggestion for a solution, Wipe them all out... I'll put your name on the list... along with Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot and Adolph Hitler... who believe that genocide is a viable solution to a geo-political problem. Wipe them ALL out... problem solved, right?
    In Jesus' name... amen.
    Post edited by Cosmo on
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    <

And to the idea of "and lose more american lives", are we to sit back and just watch many Iraqs lives get lost and ruined do to our previous actions? I thought most of you people here valued life, what's the right thing, to help those in need, stand up for those that can't stand up for themselves ect ect. But naw, when it comes down to it, we value american lives more than any other lives. What's an american life worth vs an Iraqi life? Is it a 1 = 7?

I believe it is a matter of our going over there and losing the lives of our military resource in a lost cause. And in the meantime, our military people are bringine death over there with them. We cannot be sure who we are killing. The easiest way out is to label the dead as 'Insurgent'... the same way we labled the dead villagers in Viet Nam as 'Viet Cong'.
    Also... how much more trainning should we have done? How long were we over there? How long does it take to train these guys? I mean, you weren't in boot camp for 10 years... right? Or are we just shitting at training them to fight?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    jeffbr said:

fife said:

jeffbr said:

We need to wash our hands of it. We have spent too many dollars and lives and have proven to be incapable of bringing any sort of stability. We went there under false pretenses, stayed there too long, were asked to leave, and are now being begged to return. Time to stop chasing this one and admit defeat. We screwed up, we failed in our mission, we don't need to keep failing just to make ourselves feel like we're doing something. Anyone who thinks we should head back there is welcomed to head to your local recruiter and get signed up. But I won't have my kid fighting a bullshit action like this. Too many others have died in vain over Iraq and the middle east in general.

so you really believe that america should do nothing even since they cause alot of this shit? I am not trying to insult people but is that not being selfish? I am not a fan of this war and many other but i do believe that if you broke it you fix it.
    I do believe we should do nothing at this point even though we caused a lot of this shit. I also recognize that it is selfish. But I'll selfishly desire that my kid stays safe at the expense of someone else's. Sorry, but I'm not willing to put my own kid (or anyone elses) at risk to add more failure to an already failed effort. Do you think we can bring lasting peace to the region? If yes, at what cost? If no, then do you really think we should continue to put our own in harms way?
    I don't think america can bring lasting peace but america is stuck in this position. we can't go back to 2003 before america went into Iraq (while I wish we could) we have to deal with the issues as they are now. as for yoru kid being safe, make sure he doesn't join the army as we can see the government doesn't give a fuck about your kids.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    fife said:

lukin2006 said:

fife said:

I can't believe that people are saying that USA should just back away. the only way America should stay away is if the Iraq government says to stay away. America went into that country and destroyed it and now Obama says figure it out yourself? No you broke it you ( by you I mean the country not Obama) fix it as long as the government of Iraq wants you to fix it.

How do you propose they fix it?
    I have no idea but happily I don't have to know. again, America should only go in if the Iraq government wants them do. if Iraq tells America stay out of our problems then america stays out. but if Iraq wants them there then america does whatever Iraq wants them to do.
    America does whatever Iraq wants them to do ? no no no, this is the first...maybe second time I ever agreed with obama, screw them screw their oil and let them deal with their own stupid bullshit Lord knows we have our own mess to deal with,

Godfather.

• Options

Has anyone talking about this ever been there?

I have, and if you haven't then you might not understand the "how" and "why" things go on there. It's completely different in the way they think and do things. That's the best description I can offer in short.

Iraq falling was inevitable and will only open up more rifts. It's going to get worse, a lot worse…

First off... thanx for serving in our military. And Thank your family for me, too.
    Now... to answer your question... 'No. I have not been to the war zone in Iraq'. But, I work within the machinery the is the Military/Industrial complex and work with several individuals that were called to duty and served in both Afghanistan and Iraq.
    one of the mor coloroful of these acquaintences describe Iraq to me like this:
    "You know how when you go to Tijuana and things there are crappy? Well, a Mexican guy from Tijuana would go to Iraq... look around and say, 'Man, this place is crappy'."
    I have also heard that many of our military want to go home as soon as they get there because it sucks being over there.
    Is that true?
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options

fife said:

lukin2006 said:

fife said:

I can't believe that people are saying that USA should just back away. the only way America should stay away is if the Iraq government says to stay away. America went into that country and destroyed it and now Obama says figure it out yourself? No you broke it you ( by you I mean the country not Obama) fix it as long as the government of Iraq wants you to fix it.

How do you propose they fix it?
    I have no idea but happily I don't have to know. again, America should only go in if the Iraq government wants them do. if Iraq tells America stay out of our problems then america stays out. but if Iraq wants them there then america does whatever Iraq wants them to do.
    America does whatever Iraq wants them to do ? no no no, this is the first...maybe second time I ever agreed with obama, screw them screw their oil and let them deal with their own stupid bullshit Lord knows we have our own mess to deal with,

Godfather.

here is your choice: stay out of this (even thought you cause it) and prove to the world exactly what people believe about america and that is that they don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves. I am sure that this won't make people pissed at america and join any "terrorist org."

your second choice is to realize that you made this problem and fix it in whatever way you can.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Cosmo said:

So, really... looking over all of the scenarios prior to our invasion/occupation/regime change in 2003... one of the better solutions may have been to leave Saddam Hussein in power under the containment program set into place by the 1991 Gulf War and let the powder keg eventually blow up in his face, not ours.

I agree with you Cosmo. And as we watch the uprisings all over the middle east in recent years, its too bad the USA didnt stay out of Iraq-- is it safe to say that civil war/uprising was bound to happen there too, whether or not the USA removed Saddam?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options

Cosmo said:

So, really... looking over all of the scenarios prior to our invasion/occupation/regime change in 2003... one of the better solutions may have been to leave Saddam Hussein in power under the containment program set into place by the 1991 Gulf War and let the powder keg eventually blow up in his face, not ours.

I agree with you Cosmo. And as we watch the uprisings all over the middle east in recent years, its too bad the USA didnt stay out of Iraq-- is it safe to say that civil war/uprising was bound to happen there too, whether or not the USA removed Saddam?
    Yes, Sir. Saddam Hussein would have been toppled, even if we steered clear of them. There was no way he could have held power forever. He could drive the opposition underground, but, that does not kill it. Civil War has been in Iraq's future sinece Hussein took over.
    We were assholes for going in and we need to own up to our mistake. By going in as we did... we broke it... we bought it... we own it.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    this place amazes me, any reason to blame or point a finger at the U.S is the law of the train..oh and obama is always right , how many of you believe the muslims/terrorist were well with in their right on 9/11 ?

Godfather.
  • Options

this place amazes me, any reason to blame or point a finger at the U.S is the law of the train..oh and obama is always right , how many of you believe the muslims/terrorist were well with in their right on 9/11 ?

Godfather.

I hope that this was not directed at me as I am not a person who blames the USA for everything but in this situation I believe America is responsible for what happen in iraq.

Obama is hardly right and no one has a right to kill anyone
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Godfather.

This is another puzzling thought by you, sir...
    I mean, do you believe that the U.S. has never been wrong?
    That the U.S. has never done anything bad?
    Or do you believe the the U.s. should never take responsibility for its actions?
    If that is the case... then, you should not find any fault or responsibility on any nation, right?
    Post edited by Cosmo on
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,048
    dont know if its been said yet or not, but until the oil flow is seriously threatened, we arent gonna do much but run our mouth.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Cosmo said:

Sir... I need to ask...
    I mean, what is so funny about telling Iraq that they need to quit dropping their weapons and waiving the white flag as soon as someone points a gun at them?
    How much money did we spent trainning thier forces? How many Servicemen and women lost thie lives or have been serverly injured in standing them up to fight for themselves?
    Please, tell me why shouldn't they use the weapons and trainning we gave them... to stand up and fight for themselves?
    I think in large part the "army" was a job that paid, not much more. saw them do the same for the regular army during both 41's deal and the mess we just got out of.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Cosmo said:

Sir... I need to ask...
    I think in large part the "army" was a job that paid, not much more. saw them do the same for the regular army during both 41's deal and the mess we just got out of.
    Remember the battle of Fallujah in 2004? Iraqi forces discarded their uniforms and went home the day they were told to deploy in support of U.S. troops.
    The way they see it... they join to army for a pay check and to protect their home... litterally. 'Home' meaning, the house they live in. They didn't want to venture out to another city and fight... and odds are, they might not even fight for their own home.
    That is just how the Iraqi Army operates. March here.. march there.... until the bullets are incoming. Then, it's look for the nearest piece of white cloth to wave into the air.
    That has to change... and they are the ones who have to want to change.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

Godfather.

Well, if you're talking about the topic - IRAQ - then yes, there's going to be a lot of finger pointing at the incredibly stupid lies that politicians told...and some of us are a bit upset at how many US troops have died and how much money this country has fucking WASTED on this useless war. I love my country , but will raise hell when I think thye've done something stupid.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options

Godfather.

Well, if you're talking about the topic - IRAQ - then yes, there's going to be a lot of finger pointing at the incredibly stupid lies that politicians told...and some of us are a bit upset at how many US troops have died and how much money this country has fucking WASTED on this useless war. I love my country , but will raise hell when I think thye've done something stupid.
    not to mention the innocent Iraqi lives lost as well.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    I just heard that President Obama is sending in 275 troops into Iraq to provide additional security for existing U.S. personel.
    Hopefully, to assist the evacuation of embassy personal and non-military Department of State employees.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    For those of you that think we need to fix the Iraqi problem, how do you propose we do that? It can't be fixed. And for those of you that think we owe anything to Iraq of the middle east, let me just say fuck that. We don't owe them anything. What do we owe them? A military? A stable government? Money? No. I don't want another cent of.my tax money going into Iraq. It's a lost cause.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,157
    Cosmo said:

Has anyone talking about this ever been there?

I have, and if you haven't then you might not understand the "how" and "why" things go on there. It's completely different in the way they think and do things. That's the best description I can offer in short.

Iraq falling was inevitable and will only open up more rifts. It's going to get worse, a lot worse…

First off... thanx for serving in our military. And Thank your family for me, too.
    Now... to answer your question... 'No. I have not been to the war zone in Iraq'. But, I work within the machinery the is the Military/Industrial complex and work with several individuals that were called to duty and served in both Afghanistan and Iraq.
    "You know how when you go to Tijuana and things there are crappy? Well, a Mexican guy from Tijuana would go to Iraq... look around and say, 'Man, this place is crappy'."
    I have also heard that many of our military want to go home as soon as they get there because it sucks being over there.
    Is that true?

Your acquaintance hit the nail on the head…

To clear something up I didn't serve. I went voluntarily in the private sector.

My point is that it took a dictator to control that area because that's what it needs. Sad but true.

You can PM me if you'd like to hear more.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

like I have said before,it's been going on for thousands of years and it will never stop,the U.S needs to walk away until they make

Cosmo said:

Sir... I need to ask...

well ISIS goal is to create a muslim state, this whole topic is what I have been in disagreement with, the muslims want a muslim world and are willing to kill anybody who even disagrees with them and you think I should be concerned with them ? I'm not sure what your getting at, my whole gripe with this is if the U.S helps either side as they did some years ago it will just keep happening and those dirt bags come to our country and start bullshit here as well so I say that we( the U.S) should back away and when they mess with us we shouls wipe their ass's right out.....we should have done that right after 9/11 or in my opinion or at the very least excuted those even remotely involved already but to be honest with you I think obama is kissing muslim ass somewhere in this whole mess...to the point of offering a reach around (that is an angry statement) and I'm a little tired of the "it's only the radical muslims" defence every time this issue is brought up, this whole crock of shit pisses me off.

Godfather.

Another brilliant post by the resident bigot of this community. Nice job
  • Options

For those of you that think we need to fix the Iraqi problem, how do you propose we do that? It can't be fixed. And for those of you that think we owe anything to Iraq of the middle east, let me just say fuck that. We don't owe them anything. What do we owe them? A military? A stable government? Money? No. I don't want another cent of.my tax money going into Iraq. It's a lost cause.

Those are great questions.
    I think the only thing we owe the Middle East is respect. The respect that they are soverign nations over there and they are the ones that need to figure out what is best for them. And the respect that it is THEIR oil, not our. We need to quit fucking with their shit. I mean, Japan buys a shitload of oil from the Middle East and have you ever heard any 'Death To Japan' chants? NO. Because Japan just buys the fucking oil and say, 'Gracias'. Japan does not fuck around with their governments and monarchies, working slimey deals in darkend rooms or trying to put in people in power that they have bought. They just buy the fucking oil and they don't fuck around.
    We are dicks because we DO fuck around... then, we're all surprised when the shit blows up. We need to quit being dicks.
    Godfather asked the question, "How many of you believe the muslims/terrorist were well with in their right on 9/11?"
    I would answer by saying this... they would never have come over here... if we had never gone over there. They fucked with us over here... because we fuck with them over there. I understand Mr. Godfather does not want to accept any responsibility... but, I strongly believe in personal responsibility and i understand that we NEED to accept the consequences of our poor national decision and actions. When you fuck with people... don't be shocked when they fuck with you. Just buy the fucking oil and quit trying to manipulate everything in our favor.
    And we really did fuck over Iraq. i think that the Bushs and Cheneys and Rumsfelds and everyone one that supported the war... but, never had a skin in the game need to pay them everything they've got and apologise to them for being fucking assholes.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

well ISIS goal is to create a muslim state, this whole topic is what I have been in disagreement with, the muslims want a muslim world and are willing to kill anybody who even disagrees with them

ISIS don't represent all Muslims, just as Al Qaeda doesn't represent all Muslims. Why is that simple fact so difficult for you to comprehend?

those dirt bags come to our country and start bullshit here as well

Are you saying that all Muslims are dirt bags?

but to be honest with you I think obama is kissing muslim ass somewhere in this whole mess...to the point of offering a reach around (that is an angry statement)

Yeah, sure. And he's also a Commy from Kenya, right?

and I'm a little tired of the "it's only the radical muslims" defence every time this issue is brought up, this whole crock of shit pisses me off.

It's not a defence, it's a fact. but it's o.k, we understand that you have a problem with facts, and especially with facts that contradict and challenge your bigotry and racism.

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    After invading Iraq and bombing/murdering tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children - I can't believe(although I can) believe that certain Americans(Like John mother-effing McCain) have the audacity to suggest they go back there again.

The American government has no shame. And they never learn from their mistakes.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Cosmo said:

Is that true?

Amazing what 30 years of war, sanctions, and bombings, can do to a country.

• Options

For those of you that think we need to fix the Iraqi problem, how do you propose we do that? It can't be fixed. And for those of you that think we owe anything to Iraq of the middle east, let me just say fuck that. We don't owe them anything. What do we owe them? A military? A stable government? Money?

You owe Iraq a lot more than that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cosmo said:

Godfather asked the question, "How many of you believe the muslims/terrorist were well with in their right on 9/11?"
    I would answer by saying this... they would never have come over here... if we had never gone over there. They fucked with us over here... because we fuck with them over there. I understand Mr. Godfather does not want to accept any responsibility... but, I strongly believe in personal responsibility and i understand that we NEED to accept the consequences of our poor national decision and actions. When you fuck with people... don't be shocked when they fuck with you. Just buy the fucking oil and quit trying to manipulate everything in our favor.
    And we really did fuck over Iraq. i think that the Bushs and Cheneys and Rumsfelds and everyone one that supported the war... but, never had a skin in the game need to pay them everything they've got and apologise to them for being fucking assholes.

Some people, like Godfather, believe that 9/11 was Year Zero. Nothing happened before 9/11. Nothing at all. Zilch. Nada.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited June 2014
    Cosmo said:

Those are great questions.
    I think the only thing we owe the Middle East is respect. The respect that they are soverign nations over there and they are the ones that need to figure out what is best for them. And the respect that it is THEIR oil, not our. We need to quit fucking with their shit. I mean, Japan buys a shitload of oil from the Middle East and have you ever heard any 'Death To Japan' chants? NO. Because Japan just buys the fucking oil and say, 'Gracias'. Japan does not fuck around with their governments and monarchies, working slimey deals in darkend rooms or trying to put in people in power that they have bought. They just buy the fucking oil and they don't fuck around.
    We are dicks because we DO fuck around... then, we're all surprised when the shit blows up. We need to quit being dicks.
    But if we didn't throw our tax dollars toward war how will our oil companies (Halliburton) get their spoils. Cheney regime wanted to sell Iraq's oil to the Japanese. He did have skin in the game.

So what to do now? Step away? Limited air support? Troops out of the question. Is there any hope to salvage the current government? Those are the questions.

Just imagine if Palin and Cheney were at the helm.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

After invading Iraq and bombing/murdering tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children - I can't believe(although I can) believe that certain Americans(Like John mother-effing McCain) have the audacity to suggest they go back there again.

The American government has no shame. And they never learn from their mistakes.

I don't know, we didn't go into Libya and very limited engagement in Syria so do give Obama some credit. And he seems to want to stay out of this current mess. He's not a war hawk as was the case in past.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG