Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    NRA unveils new semi-automatic rifle that shoots thoughts and prayers

FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA - Responding to the latest mass shooting that has rocked the United States, the National Rifle Association today unveiled a new AR-15 assault rifle whose ammunition will be the thoughts and prayers of lawmakers who oppose gun control.

“This new ‘thoughts and prayers’ assault rifle is the perfect weapon for Americans to protect themselves from crazed individuals who are attacking them with assault rifles,” said NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre at a press conference today. “Fortunately, thoughts and prayers are something that American lawmakers have in ample supply, particularly following these increasingly regular mass shootings.”

The gas-powered Colt XM-15-TnP carbine is capable of firing 45 thoughts or prayers per minute. The manufacturer’s advertising explains that “these thoughts and prayers used to only be for destroying powerful speeches on gun control from widowers or the parents of children killed by gun violence. But now, the NRA has finally found a way to effectively weaponize them for civilian use.”

Republican lawmakers were quick to endorse the new assault rifle, citing the huge stockpile of thoughts and prayers currently sitting in state legislatures, TV interviews, and, of course, on social media.

“We’ve had so many mass shootings in the US this year alone, I’m practically swimming in thoughts and prayers,” said U.S. Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell. “Plus, I’ve accepted over $922,000 in donations from the NRA, so it’s nice to finally donate some of my deadliest thoughts and prayers back to the gun-owning community.”

“Besides, it’s not like those thoughts and prayers were doing much here in Washington.”

Back at the press conference, LaPierre assured NRA members that they would be aggressively lobbying to ensure that no restrictions whatsoever would be placed on the sale or ownership of the XM-15-TnP. “We are confident that when the framers wrote the Second Amendment, they wished to ensure that individuals placed on terrorist watchlists could purchase, without impediment, a high-capacity assault rifle which fires the meaningless, but still lethal, thoughts and prayers of lawmakers who have accepted vast sums of money from a powerful private lobby group.”

“Oh, and this assault rifle is also ideal for hunting,” LaPierre insisted while broadly winking at the crowd.

UPDATE: The Colt XM-15-TnP carbine has already been used to perpetrate a mass shooting

http://www.thebeaverton.com/us/item/2738-nra-unveils-new-semi-automatic-rifle-that-shoots-thoughts-and-prayers
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Guns are too awesome to ban!

'Muria!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Saw this on another site...

From the article: "As one hunter put it in the comments section of an article on americanhunter.org, 'I served in the military and the M16A2/M4 (i.e., AR015) was the weapon I used for 20 years. It is first and foremost designed as an assault weapon platform, no matter what the spin. A hunter does not need a semi-automatic rifle to hunt; if he does he sucks, and should go play video games.'
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837

From the article: "As one hunter put it in the comments section of an article on americanhunter.org, 'I served in the military and the M16A2/M4 (i.e., AR015) was the weapon I used for 20 years. It is first and foremost designed as an assault weapon platform, no matter what the spin. A hunter does not need a semi-automatic rifle to hunt; if he does he sucks, and should go play video games.'

:clap:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Stop it guys stop trying to be sensible , the answer and only answer is arm everyone ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    the Rothschilds, the media, and Mike Bloomberg LONG to disarm Americans.
    Good Night and Good Luck America
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited June 2016
    rssesq said:

If you're going to disarm the Public then the Police need to be disarmed too...just get rid of Guns.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    rssesq said:

You forgot some of your usual targets.....

Federal Reserve Board
    Alan Dershowitz
    4 of 9
    Etc
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    You know the people who claim we have a mental health problem and not a gun program? Yeah, those are also the people who don't want universal health care...
  • Options
    Remember when a crazy guy in China attacked a elementary school with a knife on the same day as Sandy Hook? Can someone remind me how many people died in that one?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

http://youtu.be/nEdyYP-vERs

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Suspected terrorists purchased more than 2,000 weapons between 2004 and 2014, according to the GAO

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/06/13/no-law-would-have-stopped-orlando-shooter-buying-guns/85834802/

And Trump's worried about immigrants....
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2016
    Seriously, though, do you want to know how to stop attacks like these from happening? Factually it would work.
    First you have to come to the conclusion that there are crazy people that will stop at nothing short of being killed. They are around us, it's a fact. Sucks that facts like these exist, but we are technically in a time of war with ISIS.
    You ignore that fact and you may or may not live through an event such as this. If you like a little more control of your destiny, you learn how to increase your odds of survival if put in a situation such as this or just avoid the situation all together, yeah it's shitty that the world is this way.
    That's for people to decide. But if you choose to arm yourself, do it properly. Take a class, learn situational awareness. Learn how to shoot correctly and be able to handle yourself.
    Or just keep on talking about how to make things magically disappear, it's most definitely your choice...billions of guns out there...BILLIONS! Zero at that place and what happened? What could have stopped this guy 3 feet inside the door? A properly trained "gun nut" would have done the job, but he is not going to be at a place of such vulnerability. First thing taught at a CCW class is situational awareness and knowing exits, etc...
    If you are not going to get a gun, at least learn a little situational awareness.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

Seriously, though, do you want to know how to stop attacks like these from happening? Factually it would work.
    First you have to come to the conclusion that there are crazy people that will stop at nothing short of being killed. They are around us, it's a fact. Sucks that facts like these exist, but we are technically in a time of war with ISIS.
    You ignore that fact and you may or may not live through an event such as this. If you like a little more control of your destiny, you learn how to increase your odds of survival if put in a situation such as this or just avoid the situation all together, yeah it's shitty that the world is this way.
    That's for people to decide. But if you choose to arm yourself, do it properly. Take a class, learn situational awareness. Learn how to shoot correctly and be able to handle yourself.
    Or just keep on talking about how to make things magically disappear, it's most definitely your choice...billions of guns out there...BILLIONS! Zero at that place and what happened? What could have stopped this guy 3 feet inside the door? A properly trained "gun nut" would have done the job, but he is not going to be at a place of such vulnerability.

What, you mean like the armed, well trained, off duty police officer that engaged the shooter?
    Oh yeah, that's right, that didn't stop this nightmare from occuring, because he had a semi-automatic tactically appointed rifle designed to provide maximum killing potential in urban warfare environments, and it isn't as simple as gun nuts' fantasies' would have everyone believe.
    Trotting out the same lame old sound bites to protect your gun stroking existence without thinking of whether or not they actually apply is a spit in the face of the victims of the tragedy.

"All I heard was gunfire after gunfire," Wolf said. "Eventually, I thought you were supposed to run out of ammunition. But it just kept going and going."

And I'm supposed to have sympathy for grown-ass gun stroking enthusiasts who have Rambo fantasies and play cops and robbers in their heads, hobbyists wbl just like shooting cool guns, and collectors with walls of weapons that they sit and stare at???
    FUCK THAT!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Stop it guys stop trying to be sensible , the answer and only answer is arm everyone ....

don't forget the part about a well armed militia Jose.

Godfather.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,987

Godfather.

uh...that's well "regulated" militia
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    forget about that silly ol amendment Father, it don't matter. Just imagine if the founding fathers new about the warrantless bulk collection of data of all U.S. citizens and the facilities built to store such info.

They would be dusting off the muskets.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marjorie-cohn/nsa-metadata-collection-f_b_4611211.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center
  • Options

Godfather.

uh...that's well "regulated" militia
    thank you.

Godfather.

• Options
    rssesq said:

forget about that silly ol amendment Father, it don't matter. Just imagine if the founding fathers new about the warrantless bulk collection of data of all U.S. citizens and the facilities built to store such info.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marjorie-cohn/nsa-metadata-collection-f_b_4611211.html

all that info collected and they can't even use it properly LOL !!

Godfather.
  • Options

rssesq said:

Godfather.
    You mean to keep the guns out of potential terrorists hands? Pretty sure they have been trying that but you can thank the good ole NRA
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214

rssesq said:

Godfather.
    You mean to keep the guns out of potential terrorists hands? Pretty sure they have been trying that but you can thank the good ole NRA
    aren't some of these people amazing? they want to throw people they deem as threats out of the country...but have no problems selling war-like assault weapons to said threats. fucked up mind set.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by rssesq on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Or just keep on talking about how to make things magically disappear, it's most definitely your choice...billions of guns out there...BILLIONS! Zero at that place and what happened? What could have stopped this guy 3 feet inside the door? A properly trained "gun nut" would have done the job, but he is not going to be at a place of such vulnerability.

What, you mean like the armed, well trained, off duty police officer that engaged the shooter?
    Oh yeah, that's right, that didn't stop this nightmare from occuring, because he had a semi-automatic tactically appointed rifle designed to provide maximum killing potential in urban warfare environments, and it isn't as simple as gun nuts' fantasies' would have everyone believe.
    Trotting out the same lame old sound bites to protect your gun stroking existence without thinking of whether or not they actually apply is a spit in the face of the victims of the tragedy.

"All I heard was gunfire after gunfire," Wolf said. "Eventually, I thought you were supposed to run out of ammunition. But it just kept going and going."

And I'm supposed to have sympathy for grown-ass gun stroking enthusiasts who have Rambo fantasies and play cops and robbers in their heads, hobbyists wbl just like shooting cool guns, and collectors with walls of weapons that they sit and stare at???
    FUCK THAT!
    First of all, police are not at all trained in the firearm proficiency that most think. When I took my CCW class, the two officers that were in there actually scored lowest of the whole class in the shooting portion. Most pass the minimum requirements and move on. I've seen it time and time again at the gun range. Now the military folks are a completely different story.
    Secondly, you completely missed my second point. Learn how to minimize your odds. Don't be a sheep, if your last resort is to fight then fucking charge this guy and FIGHT! Odds are an Islamic Radical terrorist is not going to turn around and go home if there is a law banning firearms. It may take them slightly longer to acquire, but they will get them. Hell, you can make most of the components on a $1000 3D printer. How the fucking hell are you going to stop one of these ideology driven maniacs? I just do not understand how this "ban assault weapons" rhetoric is going to stop these incidents from happening. It's fun to talk about, but you cannot ban them from the hands of ISIS assholes. Fuck, I wish Nickleback music would disappear, but there is always going to be the nut job with a stockpile waiting for the perfect time when it will cause the most damage to play it.
    Maybe I have worked in social services a little to long and am a bit cynical, but people are not remotely aware of how many fucked up people are around them everywhere they go. It blows my mind seeing people wondering around oblivious to their surroundings.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

FUCK THAT!
    First of all, police are not all trained in the firearm proficiency that most think. Most pass the minimum requirements and move on.
    Secondly, you completely missed my second point. Learn how to minimize your odds. Don't be a sheep, if your last resort is to fight then fucking charge this guy and FIGHT! Odds are an Islamic Radical terrorist is not going to turn around and go home if there is a law banning firearms. It may take them slightly longer to acquire, but they will get them. Hell, you can make most of the components on a $1000 3D printer. How the fucking hell are you going to stop one of these ideology driven maniacs? I just do not understand how this "ban assault weapons" rhetoric is going to stop these incidents from happening. It's fun to talk about, but you cannot ban them from the hands of ISIS assholes. Fuck, I wish Nickleback music would disappear, but there is always going to be the nut job with a stockpile waiting for the perfect time when it will cause the most damage to play it.
    Maybe I have worked in social services a little to long and am a bit cynical, but people are not remotely aware of how many fucked up people are around them everywhere they go. It blows my mind seeing people wondering around oblivious to their surroundings.
    you do realize that most of these mass killings have nothing to do with terrorism or ISIS right? strange part about your post is the 1st half talks about radical islam but then 2nd part talks about how many fucked up people there are. shouldn't we make it almost impossible for these 'fucked up' people to get assault weapons?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    pjhawks said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

FUCK THAT!
    First of all, police are not all trained in the firearm proficiency that most think. Most pass the minimum requirements and move on.
    you do realize that most of these mass killings have nothing to do with terrorism or ISIS right? strange part about your post is the 1st half talks about radical islam but then 2nd part talks about how many fucked up people there are. shouldn't we make it almost impossible for these 'fucked up' people to get assault weapons?
    That's my original point, how the fuck are you going to make it "almost impossible"? You can make guns from a 3D printer. You can make your own ammo. Billions are already out there, and technology has only made them easier to produce on an individual level. You can create a hurdle, but you cannot make them "almost impossible" to get. That doesn't even touch other means of violence such as pipe bombs and pressure cookers filled with nails.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

FUCK THAT!
    So let's completely saturate society with countless guns and yell, "Every man for themselves!"

You ignored my previous response, but I'd like to hear what you have to say regarding this: there is no band aid remedy for your gun problem. The time to fix today's problems was 20 years ago. 20 years from now... do you want our children picking up the ball and carrying on with this lopsided debate? Or would you prefer a chance to make your country safer as all other developed countries have done for themselves?

You might have to sacrifice a portion of your hobby, but hell, man... look what some sacrificed in Europe or the Pacific to try and keep your country 'safe'. The absolute refusal to look at the problem for what it is- even the willingness to appear foolish by presenting silly arguments as a defence- is what blows my mind. I mean... I get hearing the gun lover's argument from a one toothed yokel, but from a seemingly intelligent person with writing skills?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    pjhawks said:

rssesq said:

Godfather.
    aren't some of these people amazing? they want to throw people they deem as threats out of the country...but have no problems selling war-like assault weapons to said threats. fucked up mind set.
    just like the US government.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

pjhawks said:

rssesq said:

Godfather.
    just like the US government.
    Ouch
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

FUCK THAT!
    That's my original point, how the fuck are you going to make it "almost impossible"? You can make guns from a 3D printer. You can make your own ammo. Billions are already out there, and technology has only made them easier to produce on an individual level. You can create a hurdle, but you cannot make them "almost impossible" to get. That doesn't even touch other means of violence such as pipe bombs and pressure cookers filled with nails.
    do you realize how nutty it sounds to admit there is a problem but then advocate doing NOTHING to change it?

also this is not a terrorism problem. most mass shootings in this country have had nothing to do with terrorism. it's just crazy fucks having easy access to fast killing weapons. why is this difficult to understand?
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i would side with the people who say a ban or more regulations on guns would not solve the mass shootings that have happened ... it would likely prevent a few accidental deaths but by in large - i'd speculate that the gun violence statistics would stay pretty much the same ...

america has a violence problem which is amplified with it's love affair with guns and all things destructive ... how many of y'all who support stricter gun laws are also the same people who say that if anyone tried to hurt your family - you'd go after those people!? ...

the country was born from violence and has a legacy of violence ... one of the biggest lobbies in the country is the NRA and the military industrial complex is a driver of US foreign policy ...
This discussion has been closed.