Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389

I tried to find good data for cities with high gun crime but there are cities that have strict gun laws with high murders and lax gun laws with high murders. The info is all over the place.

right and as mentioned above a city with strict gun laws is lame when you can buy a gun across city lines and bring it back to the city
    You do realize you're breaking the law by bringing that gun over city lines right?

That's why I find a city with strict gun laws silly. It applies to law abiding citizens. Criminals could care less what the law is.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I tried to find good data for cities with high gun crime but there are cities that have strict gun laws with high murders and lax gun laws with high murders. The info is all over the place.

right and as mentioned above a city with strict gun laws is lame when you can buy a gun across city lines and bring it back to the city
    You do realize you're breaking the law by bringing that gun over city lines right?

That's why I find a city with strict gun laws silly. It applies to law abiding citizens. Criminals could care less what the law is.
    That's exactly why we need nationwide controls AT THE POINT OF PURCHASE and registration to punish those who put guns into criminal hands.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

That's exactly why we need nationwide controls AT THE POINT OF PURCHASE and registration to punish those who put guns into criminal hands.
    If I could count on our govt to NOT use registration against us and have a nationwide law that all the states could agree on I would be all in.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Ahh nothing like another college on lockdown and a couple of dead people to start the summer shooting season good ol'e America !!!

Ya, real sad stuff all around. Especially when the media referred to him as WHITE initially and refused to mention he was MUSLIM not Hindu. Not the Narative the liberal media wants to display to make the Don even stronger.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    What, are you joking or are you delusional?? Lol. The media is all over it when a Muslim is a shooter. What you're saying is literally the exact opposite of what's true. If the media got the ethnicity wrong, it would have been because they were getting bad reports.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

What, are you joking or are you delusional?? Lol. The media is all over it when a Muslim is a shooter. What you're saying is literally the exact opposite of what's true. If the media got the ethnicity wrong, it would have been because they were getting bad reports.

Ha,ha...me delusional? It appears somebody has taken too make hockey pucks to the head if you don't get it ahe... Just to clarify, you do know he was not White and was MUSLIM and not Hindu....
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Who fucking cares what he was? The bottom line was be was yet another responsible gun owner, until he wasn't.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ha,ha...me delusional? It appears somebody has taken too make hockey pucks to the head if you don't get it ahe... Just to clarify, you do know he was not White and was MUSLIM and not Hindu....
    Yes, you said that. The media does not deliberately try to hide the fact that a Muslim carried out an act of terror.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yes, you said that. The media does not deliberately try to hide the fact that a Muslim carried out an act of terror.
    Are you sure about that? You place a lot of trust in "the media" it sounds like. I believe the media will say whatever they want in order to obtain more $. It's been seen a few times lately, aka Geraldo, Brian William, several other noteworthy as of late.
  • Options

Who fucking cares what he was? The bottom line was be was yet another responsible gun owner, until he wasn't.

Bullshit, he is why responsible gun owners want a way of saving themselves from the other side of the equasion. He is the asshole side of the equation that gives people the need for self-protection.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Bullshit, he is why responsible gun owners want a way of saving themselves from the other side of the equasion. He is the asshole side of the equation that gives people the need for self-protection.
    Just another example of how people that don't need guns, can get them way to easily. I haven't even heard if the guns he had were legally bought or not. It's not relevant. The point is that it's way too easy for anyone to get guns. So let's flood the streets with more and more weapons so you can defend yourself
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited June 2016
    PJPOWER said:

But if he didn't have access in the first f**king place... you wouldn't need a f**king gun to defend yourself.

Did some citizen with a f**king gun take this latest shooter down? Typically, it's the guys paid to take these guys down who take them down. So... you actually don't need a gun to protect yourself.

People at schools are walking around with textbooks. They're not armed and amped up for an encounter with a psycho who got his gun from the Denny's claw machine.

Terrible counter argument. Just terrible.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

Guns don't kill people

Gun owners kill people
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

But if he didn't have access in the first f**king place... you wouldn't need a f**king gun to defend yourself.

Did some citizen with a f**king gun take this latest shooter down? Typically, it's the guys paid to take these guys down who take them down. So... you actually don't need a gun to protect yourself.

People at schools are walking around with textbooks. They're not armed and amped up for an encounter with a psycho who got his gun from the Denny's claw machine.

This argument shouldn't have anything to do with guns. This freak had a hit list and was determined. I'm personally glad he didn't try other means as some throughout history have.
    When it is determined that a person like that 100% cannot obtain and means of accomplishing his deranged goals then I'll start paying attention to your arguments. Good luck with that counter-argument.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

Just another example of how people that don't need guns, can get them way to easily. I haven't even heard if the guns he had were legally bought or not. It's not relevant. The point is that it's way too easy for anyone to get guns. So let's flood the streets with more and more weapons so you can defend yourself
    Pot is illegal to get in most states...is it difficult to get that?
  • Options

Guns don't kill people

Gun owners kill people
    Stop making sense, you are upsetting people with that talk. Don't you know its always someone else's fault on why people behave the way they do.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

What is your point? I've never heard of any mass shootings with a dime bag.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

My point is that there have been tons of funds and resources poured into enforcement of drug laws, yet they are still in the hands of anyone who is motivated to get them.
    Replace drugs with guns in that previous paragraph if you need it even more elementary.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

You must not live in a big city Degeneratefk
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

My point is that there have been tons of funds and resources poured into enforcement of drug laws, yet they are still in the hands of anyone who is motivated to get them.
    Replace drugs with guns in that previous paragraph if you need it even more elementary.
    Actually, replacing drugs with guns make no sense in my last paragraph. Everything that is illegal can be easily obtained so why not make everything legal? The argument that drugs are illegal in a gun debate is elementary.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    And equation is spelled with
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

This argument shouldn't have anything to do with guns. This freak had a hit list and was determined. I'm personally glad he didn't try other means as some throughout history have.
    When it is determined that a person like that 100% cannot obtain and means of accomplishing his deranged goals then I'll start paying attention to your arguments. Good luck with that counter-argument.
    "Shouldn't have anything to do with guns".

Hahahahhaha

You're the one that said in the post I responded to that this case is exactly why people need guns- to get the other guy with the gun before they get you.

"Son... you're going off to university now. Please son.., study hard... wear condoms when you have sex... and whatever you do... while you're walking around from class to class chilling out... carry your sidearm and be ready to shoot bad guys before they shoot you. Nnnnkay?"

You're all over the place trying to defend what is impossible to defend. Your country has a gun problem and you have bought into the company line that states more guns will solve the problem.

And when you write... there are signs of intelligent life.

Holy f**k.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

Are you sure about that? You place a lot of trust in "the media" it sounds like. I believe the media will say whatever they want in order to obtain more $. It's been seen a few times lately, aka Geraldo, Brian William, several other noteworthy as of late.
    I don't place a lot of trust in the media. I am going off of what the media actually does, which is the exact opposite of what you are saying. How in the world do you think that the media would be makijg more money by illogically hiding the fact that a school shooter is Muslim (something thwt they couldn't hide for longer than 10 minutes if they tried), and by doing so, attempting to downplay Trump's nonsense and his supporters' racism, which is their #1 cash cow right now??? Think about it. That makes no sense. And they don't do it. There is proof - it's right there on the TV. Muskydan just made this theory up out of thin air, or picked it up from some right wing nutjob.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    muskydan said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Hahaha yeah, Chicagoans are mowing each other down with dirt weed every day, didn't you all know that?
    Homie pulls up to the curb, busts out his ganja and just blast people away with marijuana bullets lol
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't place a lot of trust in the media. I am going off of what the media actually does, which is the exact opposite of what you are saying. How in the world do you think that the media would be makijg more money by illogically hiding the fact that a school shooter is Muslim (something thwt they couldn't hide for longer than 10 minutes if they tried), and by doing so, attempting to downplay Trump's nonsense and his supporters' racism, which is their #1 cash cow right now??? Think about it. That makes no sense. And they don't do it. There is proof - it's right there on the TV. Muskydan just made this theory up out of thin air, or picked it up from some right wing nutjob.
    Yes.

Muslim mass murderers are media's darling right now. It's ridiculous to suggest or support the notion that the media is covering up for them.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Hahaha yeah, Chicagoans are mowing each other down with dirt weed every day, didn't you all know that?
    Homie pulls up to the curb, busts out his ganja and just blast people away with marijuana bullets lol
    Is that your attempt at humor? You do understand what is happening In Chicago w/ shootings... they kill for a lot less than schwag Weed ....You should stick w/ stuff you know about like milking cows or making butter kid.
  • Options
    Sigh.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Is that your attempt at humor? You do understand what is happening In Chicago w/ shootings... they kill for a lot less than schwag Weed ....You should stick w/ stuff you know about like milking cows or making butter kid.
    Hahaha reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?
    "With" is in the dictionary I think, maybe you should check to be sure!

:rofl:
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Hahaha reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?
    "With" is in the dictionary I think, maybe you should check to be sure!

:rofl:
    Actually I think w/ is a nod to EV.
    If you look at the written lyrics of many songs with is always spelt w/.
    I having been using w/ ever since reading it from the Vitalogy booklet.
    w/
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Not for nothing but I chuckled at this, lol.
This discussion has been closed.